trade & free agency ideas

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're a really shitty fan talking about one of our players like that. You can say he sucks, that your opinion, but "The Chump" is just classless. He's actually a really nice guy, try talking to him. We have him for super cheap, he's depth.

alexiskool1991 repped this.
  2. blurryblue

blurryblue Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What are you the "class monitor"? :ROFLMAO:

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Id jump on snagging Mwanga.

And yeah, why not look at loans? looking at the table, we are clearly that desperate.

4. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I'm not a big fan of loans. See Simon Dawkins situation. We develop him and then the team that owns his contract wants a king's ransom or takes him back. Can you imagine what would have happened if we would have gotten Wondo on loan from Houston?

5. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats a good point, but we have to do something. I am pretty livid with how we used the re-entry draft this time around.....and our offseason in general. There was quality to be had, and we grab Brandon freaking Barkladge as our right back cover.

Literally the only thing exciting about our offseason was a questionmark Ligue 1 guy who is looking more of a bust than anything, a refreshingly surprising draft pick in Kovall, and lining up the rear of the rest of the league signing up our first homegrown; the last team in the league to sign a homegrown.

Does our front office know how tragic they look? i mean really?? you could grab any random ultra from the crowd and they would do a better job coaching and working the front office than Doyle and Watson.

6. Earthquake FC

Earthquake FC Member

Feb 7, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that ManU sacked Moyes, Quakes could use any of those 11 ManU players rumored to be on the outs... asap, pronto!!!

7. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so they can collect a multi-million dollar paycheck while sucking on the pitch and going out partying until 2am every night like park ji sung at QPR? no thanks.

8. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    normally i would agree but we are getting pretty desperate here with gordon/lenny and djalo all out injured and cato/atiba sucking

9. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This 32 year old, 6'3 target striker is available on a free transfer this summer as his contract at Newcastle is up and will not be renewed. Also a Nigerian international who will be at the world cup this summer. Probably could be had for reasonable wages.

10. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SJTillIDie repped this.
  11. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vancouver haven't played Reo-Coker since March and we have no creativity without Djalo... we should see if he's available.

12. ColinMcCarthy

ColinMcCarthy Member+

Apr 2, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    His a d-mid. Not an AM, am I wrong? If I'm right, that's just a replay of the JBP situation.

13. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no he is attacking and can play either centrally or on the wing.

remember this last year:

14. sj_vanbasten

sj_vanbasten Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sacha Kljestan anyone?

15. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Report: Sacha Kljestan wants to leave Anderlecht for L.A. Galaxy
    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/kljestan-anderlecht-galaxy-mls/

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least Sanvezzo is gone so that is semi good for the Quakes who play in the same division as the Caps....

17. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJTillIDie repped this.
  18. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    He would want more than we pay Wondo and is less valuable

bsman repped this.
  19. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all these are good ideas. Kljestan, Beasley, and Reo Coker are all solid shout outs, I hope we can make it happen somehow, though i wont get my hopes up

23. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    If we do anything I think it would have to be something fairly minor. I don't think the team really has much room to maneuver under the cap and little of value to offer in a trade. Who would the Quakes trade that would have some value and that you could stomach trading? Maybe they still have some allocation money left to burn, but would they want to burn it this year?

24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine Kljestan would probably command a DP salary, we could certainly use a player like him in the middle of the park, but LA will find a way to bend the rules because "marquee team"

And it doesnt speak well of our decision making process if we are supposedly close to the cap yet have very few in demand assets. Thats a good way to determine the quality of your team. Except for Wondo, Lenhart, and Goodson there really isnt much, and I dont really want to press Bingham out. But really, what else do we have? who is going to want Cronin, Salinas, Barkladge, Stewart, Cato.......dare i say it, Bernardez? What team would go out of their way and say "yes, I want to move for that player". There are teams in the league that have bench players Id love to move for, heck there are plenty on teams like Colorado, Dallas, Vancouver, Portland id move for. yet we have starters who I cannot conceive any other team in MLS would move for.

25. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States