TP Mazembe Englebert (Congo)

Discussion in 'Africa' started by ceezmad, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

very glad to see an underdog beat Pachua and Internacional. i've been impressed with how good your goalkeeper Kidiaba has been so far.

who would you say is usually an attacking threat and solid-defensive players?

hopefully Seongnam can beat Inter Milan so we can have a first non-European/S.American winner

3. Attacking_Vision

Dec 1, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just watched their semifinal game against Internacional of Brazil. Wow! I'm very impressed with TP Mazembe. They outplayed the Brazilians completely. Amazing physical energy AND soccer finesse. There are so many great teams coming out of Africa. It's amazing how strong and gifted the players are and most are from poor countries with not the best training facilities, coaches and opportunities.

Good Luck to TP Mazembe in the final. I'll be rooting for them!

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Best team in African club football history. And they're not done yet.

5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Wow its amazing what they have done hopefully they can win it all!

6. johnie1

johnie1 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    cork, ireland
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well done to mazembe for making the final. Hopefully the dr of congo fa are watching and taking note, would be good to see a strong national side again

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    They might be the best ever African team at the CWC, but not best African team in history, I'm sure Al Ahly would challenge thatg.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    might be?? they are the best African team to be in the CWC.

DR Congo FA are too busy looking for French-Congolese kids.

9. FCBayernDM

FCBayernDM Member

May 13, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw all of their CWC match and I was really very impressed. I'm glad to see a non UEFA vs CONEMBOL CWC final, it's really too bad that it's taken this long. Hopefully in the next few years we'll have a non UEFA/CONEMBOL winner.

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Ok, they are the best ever African team at the CWC, but they aren't the best ever African team.

11. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

Good to see that they've invested in the team's future rather than relying on the owners' wealth. It would be nice to see this start to take place in some of the West African nations. Enyimba International has never been able to put together such a professional set of partnerships and stadium investment that TP has. That's how you build on your history.

hanul21 repped this.
  12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

lol @ some of those whips they have. They must get paid somewhat handsomely. btw don't some teams like ASEC or Asante Kotoko invest into their infrastructure aswell like TP Mazembe?

13. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    If I could answer that question, I would be on a flight to Africa right now to set it up.

One thing about millionaires is they like to have a bluprint for success. With many improving African economies, perhaps Mazembe is just coming along at the right time. Maybe it's just the first in a domestic football revolution. Only time can tell.

Look at Enyimba in Nigeria. It's one of the more decorated sides in Africa, yet they have no fan-base in a league that has been left for dead. Yet it is based in one of the three African nations with the most billionaires, and has the highest number of millionaires in the Africa top 50 yet noone to invest in football. Why? I would assume that they don't see it as a positive investment. Perhaps Mazembe's success will rub off elsewhere.

With that said, there are more important things than football, and I have to remind myself of this. Aliko Dangote of northern Nigeria, is building Nigeria's best oil refinery. Considering the fact that Nigeria is supposed to be one of the world's leading oil producers, we probably should have had a major refinery a long time ago. So there are probably more important nation-building ventures. However, building first class domestic sports clubs are important for national self-esteem. So perhaps some just have to be convinced of it's importance.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  14. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
  15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008