Tozer fired and other major news

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Wave Fan, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it was delayed until after the Misl Championship series , I am not sure why they would discuss the league when they have no clue what league they will be in yet . MISL , PASL , Or a Brand New League That has been talked about I would think she needs to address the money she owes out first ..

2. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Card- Can you take some pics and post them from the Presser?

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is Talk of a new league Name all together . There is not going to be a full blown merger

4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not Going to Kansas City , I decided Not to go because I have way to much going on I need to take care of here

5. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Yeah.....last time I checked that is next week.

I would think that would be on the agenda.

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know a lot of the fans are not Happy , I guess this could also explain why the 2nd bobble head night was canceled
    Because those things are not cheap to have made even if you are buying 3500 of them at a time .

7. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    There was also a second concert that was cancelled as well.

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not know that they even had a second concert maybe Daughtry broke her budget .

9. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    The first shoe has dropped in Milwaukee. First heard it a couple day ago then confirmed it last night with my ticket rep, the entire front office staff for the Wave has been let go and today is their last day. Not sure what that means for people who try to pay for camps, maybe they're keeping around one or two of the interns, but after today they've all been let go. I'm sure some people around here will just call it a little spring cleaning though.

10. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Are/we're these front office staff Full-Time year round staff prior to this season? Or is this something that happens every year?

If it's normal, no big deal. If this isn't something practiced in years past, it's either a sign to worry or a sign of how Sue Black will do business and find ways to cut cost. It seems from reading these forums and speaking with the limited people I have connects with (no where near what some of you guys have), as someone on these very forums stated in a thread not to long ago, this was a learning experience for Sue. What that all means, who knows. Could simply mean she planned on a bunch of stuff and thought the money would come and than reality struck and she realized she didn't buy the Brewers, she bought the Wave.

This could all be cost cutting measures, and who knows, maybe this is just the way the Wave get under the stricter salary structure for the new merger league to get ahead of the game.

11. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Wave Fan- do you honestly think anyone will believe that?

the Wave really had a huge Front Office Staff :D

12. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Some people come and go but I've had the same people handling my account for the last 4 seasons. Sure people come and go but in the last five years they've never dumped the whole staff.

13. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Believe what?

14. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Perhaps this is a cost-cutting measure- who knows. I wonder how much Tozar makes a year von his contract. he has to be one of the highest paid coaches in the league..

15. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Tozer's new position/role will be to function as the entire front office. :thumbsup:

16. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It most certainly is NOT normal to fire the entire front office. Not in any way, shape or form. I've seen teams fire the sales staff (usually one person was hired to run it and then that person hires 2 or 3 others) but not the entire front office.

Sometimes people are hired on a temporary basis (ie until the end of the season) but they aren't fired.

If this is true, that the Wave have fired everyone in their front office, then the shoe really has dropped. Either Sue Black has given up on the Wave or the Wave have given up the ghost.

IF this is true..............

17. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Saw 2 of them post today on Facebook that they were fired.

18. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    in your opinion Wave Fan, is this simply a cost cutting measure, or are the Wave done?

19. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    I can guarantee you 100% the Wave are not done. This is entirely my opinion and not anything my contact has told me, but I personally think they want to completely clean the slates, basically push the reset button on the franchise. If you think about all the news and rumors over the last week, first Toz is let go (whether people want to believe it or not and how they chose to spin it he's done), now the front office staff, Sue owing a ton of money and the rumors of either a new league or merger with PASL.

It's common knowledge if the teams defect the MISL all contracts are null and void because they're USL/MISL contracts. Essentially every player in the current MISL is an unrestricted free agent. Thus if this whole thing goes through the Wave are sitting without anyone really on the books and the entire franchise is rebooted.

There's a presser that's going to happen after the championship is over to explain a lot of what's going on as well as discussing the league. I guarantee though that one of the things they won't announce is the franchise folding.

20. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    well why not keep tozer on- since he has two years left on his deal- and see what he can do with a new set of players? i expect the Wave to be in whatever merger- defection that comes out of this.. i expect there to be cost-saving measures- but with all elements of changes there should be a modicum of continuity.

21. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Two alpha type personalities.

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the franchise is not folding , Maybe sure black will announce the wave is joining the PASL , What ever is Going on I do not think Tozer wanted to be a part of it and that is why he was let go .

23. Harmony1

Harmony1 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I don't get it. Tozer was let go, the front office staff was let go, and there's a loan due today that most likely won't get paid. As much as I hate it, all signs point to the end of the Wave. I'm wondering if they'll file for bankruptcy.

24. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While in Baltimore this weekend I have heard that the wave has a new investor, will be around next season in some shape or form, will have a new front office staff, coaching staff, and quite a few new players. The only hold over from this season will be ms Black. The 31st year of this franchise will be like no others. Believe what you want but I believe this all to be true.

25. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No better way to usher in a new era than by pissing off and isolating all of your long time and loyal fans!

NickWISoccer and Blastnut2 repped this.