Tozer fired and other major news

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Wave Fan, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    I've now gotten word from many many sources and all confirm the same thing, Sue Black has fired Tozer. Apparently they've been butting heads all season and she told him he was done once the season was over. Ashley Spurlock, a fellow season ticket holder and booster club member has also reported a press conference in a couple weeks to not only discuss this but also to 'discuss the league.'

2. Harmony1

Harmony1 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    That is very hard to believe.

3. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Hard to believe or not it's a done deal and will be 'officially' announced soon. Word originally spread on Sunday at the game as one of our fellow season ticket holders was told by someone from the front office. Over the course of the last 2 days word has spread like a wildfire.

4. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    confirmed true

5. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well apparently Sue Black thinks Tozer is a bad coach as well. That's big news.

6. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I don't think that was necessary.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, NOW I believe it.

8. Harmony1

Harmony1 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Right now, it's officially a rumor. I was told that there's "big news" coming. But, why wait weeks to make an announcement?

9. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I took my chances and I caved to post 2 words and he couldn't let it go & said something rude. So now I guess I am done. Sorry for the Wave loss I wish the Wave well in the future and I am sure they will be contenders again next year. I tried to be civil and contribute things that I have heard or information that I was told but since since my opinions get beat up I guess I will stop from now on. It has been a fun ride here for the last several years but as they say 1 bad apple can spoil the whole bushel.
    I will be in Milwaukee again next year for more games. I went to wave vs. ambush & blast games and love the cell. Hey free tickets from players how can I pass that up?
    Have fun yall

10. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason is a legal one: The MISL-USL contract is in force until April 4, 2014. Once that is done, then MISL teams not under contract can move at the pleasure of the PASL. As I understand it, those teams are Baltimore, Rochester and Missouri (and possibly Syracuse). The other three teams still under 3 year affiliation agreements signed this year. If the league has less than 5 teams, then all deals are off and everyone can move.

11. Harmony1

Harmony1 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Toughen up. Honestly, posting "confirmed true" with no evidence as to who confirmed it is pretty arrogant. You post anything online and you open yourself up to all sorts of reactions. Don't take it so seriously.

12. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    You have said this MANY times before. This in 2012.

Dec 12, 2012 - GoStorm: "I am done here"

to which Kenn accurately predicted your quick return.

13. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Black is taking some moves in the right direction. NOT.

First Van the Man, now Tozer. Who's next?

I told you all she would run the team into the ground by the end of the year. Those were my exact words. Look it up. No one believed me then.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which year? ;)

15. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all fairness, I said "by the end of the season" in my original post (aka end of the indoor soccer year). But, it's a Tuesday night (now Wednesday) and anyone would be exhausted after seeing a near three hour match. Point is: a lot of Wave fans aren't happy with the moves she's made. I knew she wasn't all that she was cracked up to be when they first released the news that she bought the team. It's a psychological thing where people think newer is better. (just look at the presidential approval ratings of almost any president. They first start off high and dip as time goes by). Funny how everyone's jumping on the bandwagon now.

16. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    wow...wonder if anyone will offer him a new coaching gig elsewhere?

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A poor coach like that? Who would do such a thing?

18. Harmony1

Harmony1 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    What bandwagon? Plenty of people were concerned when the ownership changed again, just like they were concerned the last time. The excitement certainly faded when Van was let go.

19. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Maybe Tozer was promised to get paid and Sue couldn't get another loan? I would guess the head of the USL has it in for another team and was determined to get them out of the playoffs. I guess that back fired.

20. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had hopes Sue Black would be good for the Wave. But instead, little by little, she is completely destroying one of the things I love most.

Blastnut2 and Wave Fan repped this.
  21. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    During Sunday's game when Harris kicked in the glass and they showed the 30th anniversary video and they showed Tozer talking about how he still has many years in him just made my blood boil. He's done so much for the sport of indoor both in Milwaukee and with the US National Futsal team and all iterations of the MISL it just seemed like a major slap in the face to run that video. He deserves way better than this.

Scooge and Blastnut2 repped this.
  22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What good are they if they can't even fix a playoff series?

23. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Sue Black has no business owning a team. She has run this team into the ground. While i could never root for the team, I do respect Tozer as a coach and teacher. I remember sending him an email about when Troy Dusosky blew his knee out. I was asking how he was doing and repeated that while I don't root for you, i repsect his style of play. I had answered me with in a 1/2 hour. Much repsect.

24. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That might be true, but did anyone else step up and offer to buy the team?

25. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did, but Lindenberg wanted more than my '71 Reggie Jackson card.