Totti: 250 Serie A goals & counting

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Cassano, Dec 24, 2007.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And he will certainly do that, be sure....And surpass him, to be in the top 3...then, he might retire

2. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    He'll never catch Nordahl, that's for sure.

3. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Those were times that every GK was Doni-like :) joke

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't see why not as he is only 19 goals from Nordahl. If he converted the other pk today, it would have been 18....even if he plays 3 more years in mop up duty, thats 6 goals a year and if he plays 2 more then its only 9 goals each year that he has to score. It shouldn't be that difficult.

From wikipedia.....

Goalscoring Top thirty goal scorers, all-time (only Serie A regular-seasons)

Updated the 1st May 2011

Rank Nat Name Years Goals Apps
    1 Silvio Piola 1929–1954 274 537
    2 Gunnar Nordahl 1948–1958 225 291
    3 Giuseppe Meazza 1929–1947 216 367
    3 José Altafini 1958–1976 216 459
    5 Francesco Totti 1992– 206 471
    6 Roberto Baggio 1985–2004 205 452
    7 Kurt Hamrin 1956–1971 190 400
    8 Giuseppe Signori 1991–2004 188 344
    9 Gabriel Batistuta 1991–2003 184 318
    9 Alessandro Del Piero 1993– 184 451

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti fa 206: «The king
    of Rome is not dead»

[​IMG]

Solo altri cinque calciatori hanno superato il muro dei 200 gol in A: Piola 274, Nordhal 225, Meazza 216 e Altafini 216, Baggio 206. Il capitano della Roma indossa una maglia speciale per celebrare il traguardo: «So quello che posso fare e quello che darò, sono contento di aver superato un altro record, sono contento e spero di continuare su questi livelli. L'unica pecca è il secondo rigore sbagliato, però con la forza di volontà e la cattiveria abbiamo saputo reagire, e abbiamo raggiunto l'obiettivo»

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/ca.../Totti+fa+206:+«The+king+of+Rome+is+not+dead»

7. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Totti get at least the 2nd highest player for Seia A as he has 225 and the number one ever has 274

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roberto Baggio on his 44th BD, speaks about Totti surpassing him. He is a class act. Out of all the #10's, with no disresepect to Mancini, Zola, Platini, Del Piero, or Totti, Baggio in my book remains #1. I still don't understand how he was so hated by his coaches while the others were so loved. To me, it makes no sense now or then.....

Baggio happy seeing Roma captain Totti surpass scoring record

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-captain-totti-surpass-scoring-record-1609421

Baggio si inchina a Totti
    "Può fare ancora molti gol"

Ai margini di un incontro sul volume "Attaccante nato", dedicato a Borgonovo, Robi fa i complimenti al capitano della Roma che domenica scorsa lo ha scavalcato nella classifica dei marcatori di sempre: "Ha subìto tanti incidenti ma è ripartito con coraggio e orgoglio. Gli dico di puntare a nuovi record, perché ha forza"
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/03-05-2011/baggio-si-inchina-totti-801062110078.shtml

[​IMG]

9. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

"The King of Rome is not dead" t-shirt

10. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's amazing that it looks very likely now that Totti will finish the season as our top goal scorer, again. After the position he was playing in the first half of the season, I thought we were going to have to wait until next season for Totti to break Baggio's record.

Totit was funny when he said he missed the penalty because the T-shirt only had 206 on it lol. A few more seasons yet until he catches Borriello's 25,000 goals in Serie A haha

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its a great record and I am happy for my favorite player ever.
    But letting my bias aside penalties played a pivotal role . We made penalty record, this year we got most penalties in a season in our history. I also read somewhere in last 7 years, we led the most penalties taken category four times.
    Also scoring in Serie A this days is easier then in 1980's.We can end this season with 5 players scoring above 20 goals. And maybe one or 2 players scoring above 30. Defence in Serie A is not what it used to be anymore..

12. Alibet

Alibet Member

Jul 23, 2006
    By the way i think it is worth to mention some numbers since Totti is a little bit of accused of taking advantage of recent penalties while catching Baggio.

''A breakdown of the statistics reveals just how little there is between the pair whether it be in terms of goals scored with the right and the left foot (which Totti shades 89 to 84 and 29 to 25) or set-pieces (which Baggio edges 21 to 18 on free-kicks and 69 to 57 on penalties). Either way, both are tied on goals considered decisive, with a staggering 96 each. It’s really tit-for-tat with two Scudetti here, one Scudetto there, a Ballon d’Or here, a Golden Boot there.''

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I saw an interesting discussion on another forum debating Messi and Maradona. One user pointed out how a comparison is likely unfair due how different the game is these days. In every aspect from the amount of games played, to the ball, to the style of defending. All factors that lead to more scoring opportunities.

14. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Messi doesnt come close to Maradona. Maradona succeeded everywhere, he took a little Napoli sides to titles. Messi is doing things with a team that basically won the world cup without him ( spanish NT success is due to barcelona).
    IMO Messi needs to show his leadership in a team different then Barcelona, and plus he needs to win world cup with argentina.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not taking anything away from Totti but Robi Baggio was in a different class. There aren't too many players who stay on one club their entire careers but I'm sure if Baggio had the luxury or if he were allowed of stay with the same or even a top club as Totti has had, there is no telling what he could have done. Playing with lowly Brescia at the end, (although he helped keep them from being relegated) did nothing to help is totals. Fabio Capello, Arrigo Sacchi and Marcello Lippi unfortunately and unexplainably ruined Baggio and it remains a mystery as to why they were allowed to get away with what they did.

16. 2t-10

2t-10 New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  17. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0"]YouTube - Michael Jackson - Black Or White[/ame]

18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    207 goals... What a number. 3 more to tie nordahl for highest goalscorer in serie a for one club.

19. Tontotti

Tontotti Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Bangkok
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti, the greatest Roma player of all-time. I love you Il capitano.

20. Roma Totti

Roma Totti Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    209 , two more vs chievo today

22. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Giuseppe Meazza and Jose Altafini still 7 goals away with 216

I think Totti can be ranked 3rd easily

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There is fantastic production on this video :)

24. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    211 two more vs cesena today ( game is still ongoing)
    I believe he has never scored vs cesena, and he overtook nordahl as greatest goalscorer in serie a history for one single club

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Totti: The Road to 250 Serie A Goals

Time to change the title of the thread? Only 39 more to go!

: Totti: The Road to 250 Serie A Goals