Tottenham v Sunderland, Monday 7 Apr. White Hart Lane, Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Raffaelo, Apr 7, 2014.

1. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You'd pay $1.

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a glorious moment!

3. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finally a successor to Jenas.

4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The real job is staying ahead of United, forget these dreams of 4th or 5th.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Sports Club Stats, first place is impossible. Indeed, second place can happen only if we win out and other things happen to other teams (mostly losing) in only exactly 1 of their simulations out of nearly 414 million simulations of the remainder of the season. Third place only happens in a bit over 1000 of their nearly 414 million simulations. Fourth place only happens in 2.25 million out of the nearly 414 million simulations (a bit over ½ percent). All calculations as of this writing based on simulations run prior to today's win. See it all here: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Premier.html

6. Raffaelo

Raffaelo Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Wandering the Desert
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Was it over
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Count Chocula, SPUR-ious and BalanceUT repped this.
  7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet again Eriksen proved he is our best player. AVB and Sherwood should have had more faith in him and things might have been different.

What's crazy is we are only 5 points off top 4 and we have a pretty easy schedule left yet we are all, including me, feeling pretty down on this season.

Soldado has proved to be terrific lately, Ade as well, I think we have many great players at CM and obviously Eriksen is amazing at CAM so the weak links are our wingers sadly, and fullbacks.

8. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, pretty solid through the middle of the field. It took a while to sort things out, but it looks like the cream has come to the top with Eriksen. Too bad Lamela has been injured all season, and we didn't really get a left sided player to replace Bale. Really I don't think they need to tinker with the squad too much this summer.

9. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No match is easy for Spurs. not this season. Spurs struggled against Sunderland the first time, and against Fulham as well

i think a lot of the reason many ppl are so down on Spurs is not only the high expectations not being met, but also the quality of play despite teh results. it felt like Spurs were being lucky to win, rather than previous years where it felt they were unlucky to not win

10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It's bizarre to think that 70 (or more) points is still quite within range.

11. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Win all the remaining games and we will even do better than last season in terms of points. :eek:

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    says a lot to the competition in the premier league this season

i agree that no match has been easy for us, we looked like we were struggling for moments of the past match. after a couple goals and the confidence just flows, why can't we walk out there with that confidence?

Despite Eriksen being so good this season to me Lamela is still the key player. If he is healthy and clicks next season the team is drastically better. Imagine if Townsend can get some sort of consistent form to what he had earlier this season and suddenly we look like a top 4 team IF we get a competent manager. Townsend's hogging the ball and stepovers makes me want to punch myself though, every freaking time, ugh

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes it is remarkable how many points we could have and conceivably how close we could be to top 4 given how much of an organisational clusterfvck this season has been. Also shows we don't need radical changes, just a competent hand in charge and 2-3 good signings, plus concentrating more on the league than Europa, then we will be well placed again.

SPUR-ious repped this.
  14. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless of what the Arse does (continued capitulation hopefully) Spurs would still need to win every game to secure 6th on points. Not something I'd wager on given our inconsistency... On paper we have a fairly light run but we all know how that goes. Either two losses or a loss with two draws for the Arse would make it interesting. Need the relegation battlers to step it up (except against us of course).

Also, Sherwood is a very silly man if he thinks he still has a chance to keep this job with a successful run. To even have that thought when he took over was ridiculous.