Toronto FC (MLS) Interested In Cassano ?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by mikeyjames, Sep 20, 2013.

1. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't imagine Cassano playing in the MLS, and think he will retire in Italy. I'm hoping Prandelli will give him a call for next year, as he would make a great sub or maybe even starter, depending on his fitness. If Gilardino can play, why not Cassano ,who is much better ?

If TFC do sign him, maybe i will support them since they are my home team, but i just can't stand the coach Ryan Nelsen, who played for New Zealand in 2010 and was quoted as saying " Italy were flopping all over the place" although it was funny that he was away on a business trip,when Roma and Tfc played in a friendly this year and he could not bare to watch his team getting thrashed 4-1. The Tfc goal was even an own goal.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  2. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    i like leiweke. he seems to be the first guy at tfc who is looking to italy for players. after kevin payne got fired it was reported that tfc were scouting players in italy who were big names and have played at international level. they didn't say who though.

3. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A page out of how Montreal has built its team.:thumbsup:

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a sad ending to this guy's career.

He's still an amazing player for the NT

5. MFG North Side

Nov 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Guys it's not as simple as throwing money at ANY Italian super star, it's about targeting the one(s) that will come here and adapt quickly to North America, will be a role model for the young players at the club, and will want to see the sport grow this side of the pond.

Di Vaio, Nesta and Ferrari have been outstanding in those regards. All three are involved with soccer camps for the kids. I've watched them in practices and they are constantly talking with the younger players, giving them advice. I could be wrong, but I don't see Antonio Cassano doing any of that.

6. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    tfc has been in shambles ever since day one. the last thing they need is antonio cassano and his drama even though he would be the most talented player in mls by far.
    di vaio is pure class it's obvious. on a kind of sad note i heard that he will be leaving montreal after the season. any truth to that?

7. MFG North Side

Nov 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Unfortunately I think he's done after this season. The wife and kids have gone back to Italy, and he's expected to join Bologna, maybe even as a player for the rest of the Serie A season, and eventually in the front office. He had signed a 2 year contract + an option for a third, but I doubt he'll pull his kids out of school again to exercise that option.

Great player, great person and an absolute professional. That's the type of DP's that will make this league grow.

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Sadly I too believe that we are seeing the last of Di Vaio in an Impact uniform. It was a great experience for him where he not only got to see regular first team football, but also played a massive role in helping the rapid growth of the popularity of the sport in Montreal. He's become adored by the fans and local media alike, and he'll definitely be sorely missed. A great ambassador of the game in my opinion.

As for Cassano...I just don't see it happening. I just don't see him being the type that would wanna leave Italy at this stage of his career, let alone Europe! I also don't see him playing more than another couple of seasons, and I doubt very much he'd want to spend those two seasons in MLS when he can still be an effective player in Serie A.

9. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cassano will be 200 pounds by the end of his first MLS season. I doubt he'll take training seriously in the MLS and will make the nearest Burger King his home.

10. MFG North Side

Nov 4, 2012
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Cassano in MLS fast forward ...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

whill4 repped this.
  11. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only Italian players interested in MLS are the ones in their late 30's where they just want to play, i'm surprised Del Piero didn't choose that route but it looks like he's having fun in Australia.

13. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006