Top Ten New Talents for 2011

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by The Special One, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Fc_Porto

Fc_Porto Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Porto
    luis gustavo should have been called. would have made the team really stacked

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the brazilian?

3. Fc_Porto

Fc_Porto Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Porto
  4. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's beyond my understanding why Mica Pinto wasn't called. He should've been.

5. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    There is talk Diego Lopes who will soon get his portuguese citizenship is opting to pledge his allegiance to portugal, for those who dont know who he is, 18 year old benfica product who has been loaned out to Rio Ave along with Roderick, he is a creative midfielder, tall elegant midfielder with a beautiful range of passing, with a very good goal return. Would of definitely been in the under 19 squad if he was illegible. Im pretty sure that he was signed at 15 so i think its 4 years until your eligible, so its not too far away. its conceivable that he will be wearing the number 10 at next years u20s world cup

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let me guess... Brazilian?

7. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Obviously.

At least he has portuguese ancestry: "da Silva Lopes". Don't know how far back, though.

Now that I think of it we can't really complain about the lack of portuguese ancestry of the brazilians who played for Portugal.

"Pepe" Képler Laveran Lima Ferreira (Képler and Laveran are his personal names)
    "Deco" Anderson Luís de Souza
    Liedson da Silva Muniz
    Lúcio Soares
    Celso Luís de Matos

8. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's dope! I've watched a bunch of juniors matches on BenficaTV, and he's been impressive. It would be nice to see him play for the Portuguese youth squads.

9. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005

For those of you who have not watched this doco, its on youtube now its about
    Alfredo 'Cartaxinha' Silva, one of those rare talent ala Ronaldo/Messi. Ofcourse there
    is no guarantees but this kid is a child prodigy and if he continues to progress he could
    something special

10. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I doubt he'll progress much at Málaga...

11. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
  12. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I like David Simao, he definitely needs to be playing regular club football

13. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why in the world did Benfica release David Simao. :eek:

And hopefully Nunes progresses well at Blackburn.

14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another example of teams choosing to play foreigners instead of building form their farm system. Shameful.

15. --G--BOLA--

--G--BOLA-- New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    TORONTO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    FC Brazil.. I mean Porto is notorious for that, and So Lost Benfica too! Please no one get offended with me making fun of the club teams, it's just that Sporting seem to be the only one of the big 3 who develops any kind of Portuguese talent now a days, Porto has Sergio Oliviera and didn't they have Orlando Sa, and how's that development going? Hey Porto, Brazil thanks you for furthering there already powerful team by developing the Hulk, and now Iturbe is next! That's all Messi needs is another young talent to play with. Thank God Fabio Coentrao left Benfica cause he will be the best Defender at Madrid in the next few years. Look at that Portuguese Team and all I see is Sporting Academy... Thank you Sporting, job well done now ship the players all to one team like Spain does with Barcelona, or Italy did this past Euro with Juventus. Mourinho please sign Moutinho and get Nelo from Benfica or Ricardo Vaz Te from West Ham so we could gel... just my thoughts.

16. Fc_Porto

Fc_Porto Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Club:
    FC Porto

17. --G--BOLA--

--G--BOLA-- New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    TORONTO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I knew it! The first person to comment would be FC Porto fan. I know you don't agree but it's the truth. I'm not bashing Porto it's just they don't develop Portuguese talent like Sporting does, no team in Portugal does. Portugal is my club team, I know it says Liverpool but who do I want to win more definitely Portugal. FC Porto is a great football club, but let me ask you this: To all you big 3 supporters, who do you want to win more your club team or Portugal? That's what i was trying to get across with my earlier post.

18. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Think everyone would be posting every 2 years if it was Portugal...

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Romario Balde looks like an interesting prospect.