Top Five Best Shooter Ever

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Dearman, Nov 17, 2011.

1. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Are you trying to say that Puskas had a LETHAL left foot here, mate? :confused:

BTW, I actually saw Puskas in action from the terraces/press box more than once; so if any of you happen to have any questions about what he was like as a player just LMK...]

2. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    “Puskás scared the hell out of goalkeepers from the 30-35 metre range. He did not just have a powerful shot, but precision as well. I thought he was a genius.”
    - Raymond Kopa.

3. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Ah, I've got what you were trying to say now, mate... :thumbsup: ]

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    OK old pal ...

and another thing I should also mention (related to the thread) as why FIFA chose Puskas name as the best goal (shot and scored) for such prize ... PUSKAS award.

Many called me "nostalgic" but in fact I only tried to CREDIT players when they deserve ... especially, in this era ... sadly watching many big names "wasting chances" despite of the fact: lighter ball, better pitch, much more comfortable boots ... all to back them up scoring goals.

Now IMAGINE a Puskas, Pele, Garrincha, Eusebio ... wearing these NIKE boots and shooting this lighter ball?

msioux75 repped this.
  5. artes33

artes33 Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From 1976, eyeball:
    Haan
    Eder
    Platini
    Zico
    Maradona
    Matheus
    Gullit
    Van Basten
    R.Koeman
    Hagi
    Batistuta
    R.Carlos
    Adriano

One exception on pre-1975 which I haven't seen live: All the Italians of the older generation clearly remember Riva. I am sure somone might be able to mention many more.

6. Zlatko2010

Zlatko2010 Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Tell me please more about your impressions of this player. Some say that he was most natural shooter ever. His shots were so essential just like waving away from a fly.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  7. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Zlatko2010 repped this.
  8. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Charlton also sometimes lined-up as a "card-carrying" No.9 C-F for both United and England. He wasn't the most effective aerial "target" player; but his other attacking abilities and assets actually made him quite effective in the position IMHO.

His "Uncle" Jackie Milburn being somewhat of the same type of centre-forward and one of Charlton's biggest footballing infuences and mentors probably played a part here...]

9. FrancoisZ

FrancoisZ New Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Shanghai, China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My top five list according to history order.
    Ferenc Puskas
    Gerd Muller
    Marco van Basten
    Romario
    Lionel Messi

10. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Very fair list ... however, lacking of Pele and Eusebio (and Ronaldo9) made your list less weights