Top 5 Most rare tickets to the world cup 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by tudobem62014, Apr 19, 2014.

1. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #1: Match 64. The Unicorn. Never seen anyone with one. heard of someone who has heard of someone who has one via TST. Was never available in any of the phases besides the first one.
    #2: Match 1. The Abominable snowman.
    #3: Match 62. Sao Paulo Semifinal possible to get last phase, but most took BH semi with Brazil. regrets?
    #4: Match 11. Argentina vs Bosnia. Seen 1 person with this, they weren't giving it up unless a Finals tickets was in play in the trade. Gotta see Messi (even out of form)
    #5: Match 19. Spain vs Chile. The one everyone wants to see. Team of the last 6 yrs vs their teammate Alexis. The Intermediate Value Theorem states tickets to this exists since there is a match 18 and 20, but so far haven't seen them... besides in my cart right before the site told me a massive error occurred during the billing process =(

themanlarry repped this.
  2. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    More importantly, match 11 is in rio...maracana +messi =rare. Match 58 has been awfully hard to get too... I managed to get bh semi tickets after failing to get match 58 tickets!

3. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice to know I have 3 of the 'top 5' :p

is this a list you compiled to what you think the top 5 matches are? Or is this off some kind of poll

4. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Love the post. For me 58 & 64 are the only problems. Sold or swapped my spare to #11 & #19 to a) help out a desperate Bosnian and b) secure myself a ticket to #23, which should definitely been on your list. #62 phwaah!

My list would be

#64, 58, 23, 19, 11

Don't care about #1, will be in the jungle

5. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I wouldn't really say 58 would be that rare. Probably more so a case that those who have them ain't considering them for swapping.

For whatever reason it would appear a hell of a lot of people have pencilled in the Rio QF as a must do for their trip.

Me I had the option of going for M50 and M58 in Rio as my only opportunities to see a game at the Maracana during my trip.

I have poleaxed the M50 opportunity and put my eggs in the one basket because I have made M49 my goal as seeing Brazil play in Brazil in a WC is too good an opportunity to pass up so M58 will be my only opportunity to see Maracana

6. chunnerz

chunnerz Member

Jan 6, 2010
    I'm sitting on 2 Cat 2 tickets to match 58 (Rio QF) if anyone has tickets to trade for what I think is truly the #3 unicorn game beyond the opening and finals - Match 19 in Rio Spain / Chile

7. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    i disagee with that list in opinion england vs uruguay is #3 after the final and opening game

8. nelsonb97

nelsonb97 Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My list is:
    #23 ENG URU
    #26 HOL CHI
    (Next are #55 and #58)

9. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I think the answer depends on whether we're asking which tickets have been hardest to come by through the Fifa lottery / FCFS or most rare in general. You can pay an astronomical amount to buy Match Hospitality tickets to almost every match, with the exception of the opener, the final, and Brazil's match against Mexico. Most BS members were able to trade for Brazil-Mexico in earlier rounds, but I would consider Match 17 one of the hardest to get tickets to now.

10. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I believe once the São Paulo stadium is 100% FIFA will release plenty more tickets to that venue
    My list:
    Match #64
    Match #1
    Match #62
    Match #19
    Match #17

11. Raul_Fearce

Raul_Fearce Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    if we were talking about none of the finals and opening games i reckon it would be:
    #17 Brasil v Mexico
    #19 Spain v Chile
    #23 Uruguay v England
    #35 Australia v Spain
    #11 Argentina v Bosnia

12. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As many mentioned before - it´s a matter of timing. Right now before the WC every ranking that is here to found makes sense. But as the WC starts and it becomes clear whatever team will play in the KO stages there will be many possibilities to get tixx to at least a few of these "hard-to-gets". If Brasil plays by some misfortune against Spain in the R16 and are out after that, there will be many of tixx available for the Brasil-leg of the tournament. Same with Argentina-matches, because I expect that these are the countries with the most fans expect to make it to the final....

13. PierreRenard

PierreRenard Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    What I don't get is how come there are so many tickets for Uruguay vs Costa Rica available. I would love to watch this game, but I will be in Rio for Bosnia vs Argentina.

Rubens Takashi repped this.
  14. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Few people wanna see a Costa Rica game and there aren't enough Uruguayans in the world.

15. jagT

jagT New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    sick list by all, can't argue with any games picked, but M62 in Sao Paolo could possibly host SPAIN vs ARGENTINA, a dream match for the ages!!!!

16. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I've got four of those! Wasn't that fussed about opening game, wanted to start the cup on Rio de Janeiro...

17. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Obviously it comes down to personal preference on what people's 'RARE' matches are at the World Cup. Automatically 64, 1, 62 and 61 should be at the top of everybody's list based on prestige, opening/closing ceremonies etc - in fact that is what I would rank the games by.

Prior to landing any tickets, our priorities were like this in this order:
    Any Rio game
    A Australia game (dead as soon as we hit the RIO VSTS)
    A France Game (for me)
    A Brazil Game (for my friend)

18. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I wasn't dissimilar.

My priorities were 64, 62 and 61, any brazil game, game in maracana.

But after getting nothing in first ballot i almost resigned myself to going to anything possible. The FCFS sales have saved me.

Given the way I ended up booking with limited holiday to only see knockouts onwards I went for 49 to try and cover brazil off. Hope they top their!group!

ItZa repped this.
  19. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To me, Argentina x Bosnia was the one I couldn't get it no matter what. I got M64 on the 1st draw phase, M1 on the last drop on june 4th but Argentina x Bosnia I never even got a chance.

I'm only attending because my friend Sam is selling me his spare one.

ItZa repped this.
  20. david stephen

david stephen New Member

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    have 3 of the top 5 including the unicorn

21. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    In the end I have all the tickets that I want. Would have liked to get M1 for the Aussie, a spare M11 for Adrian and a spare M64 for Karen. Still have hopes on the latter two.

Lately most people that I know who are still looking have been able to get M1, M17, M23, M61, and to a lot lesser extent M50 & M58. Now the rarest tickets appear to be M11, M19, though Rubens got dicked over and has four spare now, M62 and M64, despite over 2,500 going on sale Tuesday night.

Thankfully for me the quest for tickets is almost done, and I can get down to the serious business of enjoying this world cup. To that end in about an hour I am off to my first BBQ & beers.

22. chunnerz

chunnerz Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Oh MY GOD. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!! I DID NOT DICK RUBENS OVER.

Since when is trading 4 Rio Qf CAT 1 tickets at FACE VALUE DICKING SOMEONE over. I can not believe he's complaining to people that I dicked him over. I originally felt really bad, but now I'm pissed that he's telling people he got dicked over and other people are arguing on his behalf.

There's people on this forum who would jump bridges to buy at FACE VALUE match 58.

Original Trade: Me 4 CAT 1 Rio QFs for 4 CAT 3 Spain Chile tickets. My group lands in Rio on Match day and we were really concerned about actually being able to trade given potential TAM delays and just the unknown in general.

This last ticket FCFS phase, my friend had an opportunity to buy 4 CAT 1 Spain Chile tickets at FACE VALUE through FIFA. Is he suppossed to turn this down? We now have the peace of mind of having tickets in our hand and they are CAT 1. I then go back to him and tell him the circumstances but indicate that I'd honor our agreement and sell to him at Face Value.

Please someone tell me how this is dicking someone over?

Being a DICK would be me canceling our deal and me selling on EBAY. Get the facts RIGHT

jamfactoryken, Toosucio4u and Ashan Rama repped this.
  23. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Kumbaya peeps. Deal sounds good. I'll take the face value 58's ;). Spain Chile tickets are still in high demand... it is the sexiest of the rio group games. Let's all head to a boteco and grab a choppe shall we?

BTW just wanted to report after 2 lotteries and 4 fcfs? I've gotten a chance to get all those tickets I mentioned... was not fast enough to hit 64 on the last fcfs... being old and typing with 2 fingers sucks. All in all a good copa coming up. Wish you all the best

24. chunnerz

chunnerz Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Kumbaya indeed. We're all good. Enjoy the cup everyone!

25. tangun

tangun Member

Jul 14, 2012
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    could see how it would suck to still have 4 tickets to sell that one thought one was getting rid of. but given that those are 4 very sellable tickets, seems like it's not really that horrible of a situation. could just think of it as a little extra inconvenience for being able to get 58 at face. pretty sure most everyone in need of 58 would take that trade.