"Too much humility is vanity" | The alternate universe that is The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    About Luiz Adriano first goal. I'd like you to remember something.
    http://shakhtar.com/en/matches/stat/?id=1671
    This one. Read the press-conference please.
    After that shamefull loss Lucescu told that henceforth Shakhtar players should stop only when referee whistles and take fair-play rule as something that shouldn't interfere a victory.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Refresh our memories on what happened. It's not clear in the description. Just says a ball crossed a line and the players stopped. Sounds like a completely different situation if that's the case. The ref is always responsible for those calls.

The Shaktar defense gave the ball away with the intention of giving possession to the opposing team. Luis Adriano took advantage of it. It's really absurd to defend his actions. He is lucky they didn't crack his legs in a subsequent play.

Dhajj repped this.
  3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I'm not. Actually, our captain confirmed that we deliberately concede a second goal from Danish side to wash that away.

os_mutante repped this.
  4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So they took the "fair-play rule as something that shouldn't interfere a victory" then proceeded to gift Nordsjaellen the equalizer "to wash that away"?

5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    After the scumbag scored he saw that his teammates were giving them way to score to even it up , he started running , shouting and waving his hands like an idiot telling them not to allow them to do that , talk about fair play...

Dhajj repped this.
  6. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To my recollection, there was a goal mouth scramble during a Barca attack, the ball broke loose wide of the area as a Shakhtar player remained on the ground and Shakhtar immediately played the ball out first time for a throw.
    They expected to get the ball back but Barca instead thought the ball was 'cleared out of the danger zone', if you will, and took the throw as normal. Shakhtar players half-heatedly stood around as Barca worked the ball on the right, low cross came in, Shakhtar goalkeeper went down and had the ball covered but spilled it and Messi tapped in the loose ball in.
    This was very late in the game with Shakhtar leading 1-0.
    I'll search for a video. Not sure if that's all right.

I'm just wondering though, if the "players should stop only when referee whistles and take fair-play rule as something that shouldn't interfere a victory" then I imagine that this isn't the first time Shakhtar have done such a thing in the four years since.

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, that was a bad loss for Shakhtar, but watching the video (start at 6:45) I see your #10 go down on the corner in our box and one of your players plays the ball out at the halfway line while your #10 gets up. The ref did not see a foul, #10 is up and protesting but heading forward as he only drops deep for corners, the ref whistles for play to resume, Barca throw in goes to Bojan down the right wing, he shoots/centers and your goalie bobbles it badly. Messi is there to clean it up. Messi scores another in stoppage time.

So definitely play till the end of the game (and the half) as Barca learned all to well against Chelsea last season. But did you mean to suggest that it was not fair play for Barca to keep the ball after play resumed with a throw in at half field? After your own team kicked it out?

Here's the video: http://rutube.ru/video/3e48409de035483fb5f28a9dde9b9610/#.UKwHeuRWyuI

unclesox repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Juve and Shakstar needs draw to eliminate Chelsea

9. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For Chelsea to advance, Chelsea must win and Shakhtar must win. Anything else and Chelsea go to the Europa League... where Chelsea may FINALLY have a chance to get revenge on Atletico Madrid for that Super Cup slaughter. :D

os_mutante repped this.
  10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't really look like it.

11. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Since you are here, can you explain what has happened to Chygrynskiy since he has been back at Waxtap? Has he been injured a lot or did his form drop off? I saw he was on the bench of a recent CL game and didn't make the bench now?

12. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Sadly enough Chygrynskiy can't last more than 3 games straight without an injury, he's been like this even since his return from Barca. So he spends more time recovering than being available and there's no room for him to back the form in.
    And now Rakitskiy is better defender than Chygro ever was, younger, way more audacious and, unlike Chygro, he still precisely doing those insane crosses and through balls. Kucher is firm and stable. So even after another Chygro recover, there's no place for him in competitive games. That's breaking my heart really, since I've wanted a dream offensive CB pair Rakitskiy - Chygrynskiy back in 2009 and Dmytro was my highest hope back in those days and I can't imagine what terrible stuff he might have on his mind and inside his soul.

NYfan repped this.
  13. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Yeah, it didn't cause our DMF Stepanenko didn't join the team choice to just give the Nord. player to score right away. But that was fixed in the following attack.

Please read this to make all these things clear.
    http://shakhtar.com/en/news/24558
    http://shakhtar.com/en/news/24561
    http://shakhtar.com/en/news/24562

You had a wrong impression then.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No I didn't. Not based on what you posted earlier.

16. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    It's a shame really that nobody from Barca apologized in any way. Or trying to convince that were a different story that you shouldn't feel guilty about. Too much double standards here.
    About my post that was something that Lucescu said some time after that Barca game. In reality, we always honoured a fair-play rule as strictly as it is.

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No double standard. No one outside of Donetsk thought it was anything to cry over.
    If Pyatov holds on to that cross no one at Shakhtar would be complaining... then nor all these years later.

And yet you used that quote to try to justify Luiz Adriano's actions.

puyol and Rattlehead repped this.
  18. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Abramovich is a major clown. I really hope Pep doesn't go there, no way would he like to work with Roman if he didn't like Rosell that much.

I don't think Adriano should be excused for doing what he did, but since North Zealand got gifted a goal from Shakhtar to cancel that out, the result in the end shouldn't be argued.

Dhajj repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's really crazy. Really premature. Although the rumors had amazingly already started last week. I thought he could get sacked if the results kept not coming. But it would take a month or so. They started the season well in the EPL but they have gone win less in the EPL for 4 games now (losing to West Brom this weekend). But one of those games was that robbery against ManU.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But that goal didn't look gifted. Shaktar looked like they were playing defense.

21. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
  22. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Didn't really look like it, in my opinion. Didn't deal with a poor ball into the box and just gave up as soon as the FCN player turned to shoot.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The guy who cleared that ball didn't even look like he knew his player was down.

24. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Shaktar may have played soft after the shameless goal they scored, but it's not like they let the opponent score in a fashion of admitting the unfair play. They just conceded, and if it was voluntarily, it was made to look like unvoluntarily. This is how you concede after you score an unfair goal:

unclesox repped this.
  25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Absolutely. :cool:

And remember a couple of seasons ago, Juvenil B righted a wrong as well...

Of course, we all know Real Madrid always leads the way, especially when it comes to 'fair play' and conceding after scoring an unfair goal. Who will ever forget this little gem, bless their generous hearts...

Bootsy Collins and celito repped this.