"Too much humility is vanity" | The alternate universe that is The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's his "Dammit! Mou won't be sacked today" face

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone get on photoshop and switch the soccer ball with the Ballon d'Or please?

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Or with Cristiano Ronaldo's own head with changing expressions?

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol so true. And so lame from Crissy's part.

Btw, haven't seen the "check out my thigh" celebration in a while. Whaddup with that? Maybe he's more mature nowadays.

[​IMG]

5. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Oh, what a shock.

6. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this magical ability LPB have of collecting players like Ramos, Pepe and Marcelo together?

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Then Diego Costa swung his hand at Ramos not hitting him and Ramos went to the ref making an elbow sign as if he got elbowed in the face. I read that Ramos spat in his direction but hadn't seen the video. The TV replay only showed Diego Costa swinging at Ramos. But actually Costa was going after the RM players the whole game. I am surprised there were no red cards shown. The ref showed incredible restraint.

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    UCL, Matchday 6
    Results of note...

Group A
    Paris SG 2-1 Porto

Group B
    Montpellier 1-1 Schalke
    Olympiakos 2-1 Arsenal

Confirmed group winners
    Confirmed group runners-up
    Confirmed advancement to the second round
    Still in the hunt to advance

Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, FC Porto
    Group B: FC Schalke 04, Arsenal FC
    Group C: Málaga CF, AC Milan
    Group D: Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid
    Group E: Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Chelsea
    Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia CF
    Group G: FC Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic
    Group H: Manchester United, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pretty boring CL season so far. None of the matches today meant much. :sleep:

Porto, Arsenal and AC Milan are possible R16 opponents for Barca. With likely 2 more to be added to that list this time tomorrow.

11. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Worst ones we could get would be Juve/Chelsea.
    Would be fun to see LPB get Bayern again.

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd love to meet Chelsea at R16. Not that I want a revenge... :whistling:

13. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    It doesn't matter who you'll get in the next round, you'll smash them.

14. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Nothing we could ever do is revenge. It will go down in history books that Chelsea won the 2011/12 Champions League by beating us en route, just like we did in the 2008/09 Champions League. Beating them in a rematch doesn't take those titles away or anything so it's hardly revenge, especially since the current Chelsea side is pretty different to the one that we played in April. (ie. no Drogba, defense is without Terry, midfield has much more creative players + no Lampard)

I wouldn't say that. We have equal chances to everyone in going past the next round but we'll have to wait and see what's produced on the pitch over 180 minutes before we can make any assumptions.

I hope we get Porto (wonderful attacking team, familiar atmosphere and surroundings) or Galatasaray/CFR Cluj (easiest two sides left imo). Would love Chelsea if they make it through but it's more than likely to be Juventus who I wouldn't want to face this early on. Arsenal and AC Milan rematches just doesn't excite me, we've seen these games many times lately. Better to have something different.

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was joking. ;)

Obv us beating Chelsea in R16 won't change last season. But I'd still be very fine meeting them.

16. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The last time Barca were knocked out in the Round of 16 was in 2007 by a team coached by Rafa Benitez. :eek:

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pitch invasion occurred when AFC Wimbledon scored! That's how and why this will be one of the biggest rivalries in England 50 years from now, if not the biggest? ;)

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :confused: Eliminating Chelsea in this season's CL would be revenge. That's what revenge is, by definition -> Doing to a team what they did to you. It has nothing to do with taking away what's already done.

PS Terry and Lampard still play for Chelsea. It's more or less the same collection of wankers. Actually they are a bit stronger this season if anything and that's why I don't want to face them this early (and it would be best if they were eliminated tomorrow).

19. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    But they're both lower league sides. It's a very long time from now but I'm not sure it will go as far as being one of the biggest rivalries in England. Newcastle-Sunderland is a pretty big rivalry but yet not many people pay attention to it apart from the locals, and I'm not too sure MK Dons-Wimbledon can be much bigger.

It really isn't revenge. There's no getting rid of the fact that we were beaten last season to the title by Chelsea and beating them this year would be nice, but it wouldn't erase the painful memories for anyone of that defeat nor will it erase the joyful memories for the Chelsea supporters on the other side.

Yes, I know Terry and Lampard are still around, but they hardly play anymore these days and are clearly no longer the base of the team. Apart from the defense, their lineup has changed more than a bit over the last eight months.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    City performance in CL has always been amazing to watch:laugh:

21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The circle jerk we have to hear about them before the last 2 CL is even more amazing :p

I knew they were going to flop again, bunch of overpaid divas..

Anyone see the hulk lose his cool after being subbed out the last CL game... That's priceless too ;)

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, arguably the biggest rivalry in England today is Portsmouth - Southampton and they're both yo-yo clubs.

I know, but that's not what revenge means. ie. Erasing the past isn't "revenge". ;)

Terry is only not playing because he was suspended then injured. Saying he isn't part of the base of Chelsea anymore is like saying Puyol isn't part of Barca's base. Either way, this hypothetical event would still be sweet revenge on the fans of Chelsea.

23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man City has the dubious honor of being the only English team in CL history not to win a single game during a group stage round.

Dhajj and puyol repped this.
  24. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010

dont be so sure about it. if you play like the way you played vs celtics,... i gues galatasaray can cause some thing about it ;)

of course if the first leg in galatasaray field, they can win maybe, but second leg game, can be gameover by barca style.

if galatasaray gets second round ticket tonight, they would love to see a an open midned opponent. its because galatasaray style smilar to barcelona some says. duo to coach fatih terim game system use etc.

a close type opponent not too good for galatasaray. just look at vs braga , vs cluj in galatasaray field... both team full game stayed in theyr on yard ,and waited for counter attacks.

this is the style and opponent that that galatasaray dont like to play.

for galatasaray way; if the opponent is open style game minded,
    there is a good chance for galatasaray getting positive result. this has worked statisticly in their local games last season and this season.

who is gonna get second round ticket by your view?
    chelsea.galatasaray ,valencia etc? any predict .

thanks.

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Three penalties awarded at Stamford Bridge in the first half!
    Nordsjaellen given theirs first and missed.
    Hazard then missed for Chelsea.
    David Luiz slams home the third after a very harsh handball call.

Juve dominating possession, came very close on one occasion but still goalless in Donetsk.

Braga leads 1-0 over Galatasaray, Cluj currently holding the position to advance drawing 0-0 at Old Trafford.

Bayern and Valencia are leading their respective matches.