Tom Sermanni fired - discuss

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Blaze20, Apr 6, 2014.

1. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no reason that ARod can't find some kind of second coming with Press at her side, personally I have be hoping to see that combination even before ARod returned to the squad. We still haven't seen it, although I think it didn't happen briefly through the course of substitutions.

2. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Fair enough, because it looked like you had your feelings hurt over a perceived slight to your hero. I was discussing the power of our top player on a call never ever seen in football. She doesn't start coach gets fired. Corrleation =/=causation, but makes for interesting forum discussion.

Of course that is all predicated over somebody not getting their panties in a wad if somebody says the emperor has no clothes.

3. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    It the W league, or whatever it's called continues to survive, it doesn't have to be a U-23. Due to the "possession being 9/10 of the law" WNT player selection strategy, there's got to be some unturned stones in the league. Or stones that have been picked up, but not polished.

4. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how any sign of preference to any player somehow makes her my hero. The people on this board should know by now who my hero is, and she is not relevant to this conversation.

5. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    This all seems like a bunch of gobbledygook to me. I don't want to take the time to parse it. But then, I'm just a dumb 'Murican. However, if you're referring ("feelings hurt over a perceived slight to your hero.") to Abby, I kinda don't like Abby, suspect she was behind the firing, and am vaguely pissed about it. So, if I've got that right, as we say south of the border "steeeeeeee rike!"

6. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Wasn't talking to you actually. It was to the snarky poster who got all twisted over a tonuge in cheek reference to Abby.

7. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Congratulations you win the internets.

8. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Can't finish ..... trouble at the cup. I can sigh and accept her as a winger. But she ain't a 442 forward. NIMO.

9. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So was this a Donna Martin graduates situation.

10. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Does that mean that you'll stop coming on here and taking random potshots at the uswnt? Relevant criticisms are welcome. But, trolling, which is basically what your doing .... why?

11. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Callin me snarky? after your post? To use a Jim Healy drop: okaaayyyyyy

12. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Dude, you started this crap, and took the first shot with your whining about something to do with Tancredi. I don't need your validation for my fandom of any the US teams.

If you think I was winding you up, feel free to use your ignore feature. I am pretty sure I was not trolling, did not say anthing untrue, Abby did indeed influence that CR and he folded like a cheap tent. Semani sat her for a bit over a half, got fired. I did not say it was causal, and I did not accuse anybody of being a troll so piss off !

13. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    You said "Looks to me like if you want to remain as head coach you best leave it to her to manage her minutes. She is the only player in the world, male or female that can get an indirect free kck awarded during a finals match over time wasting."

More gobbledygoop. If you did not say it was causal, then why'd you bring it up? What were you saying? You did not say *what* was causal? I have a difficult time understanding what you're saying. But, if you don't like me calling you out on your trolling, feel free to put me on ignore.

14. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    She was on the bench, wasn't giving the coach suggestions on how to play. I know if she played they probably would have won. Nope, those 3-peats are hard to come by. Germany's old guard cycle was ending. Ops, that sounds like a local team.

15. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's too far out. Japan played dummy on France two weeks before the OGs and look what happen when they met in a REAL game. Vacation Cup is for training and testing.

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's a chance to see if Denmark's for real? they'll be playing the high flying Swiss in a wc qualifier today. Denmark is only in third place in group play(the Swiss are on top). It's a must win for them, otherwise they're probably ouf of the wc. The Swiss have a super play making mid in Ramona Bachmann plus several solid vets from the German Bundesliga
    live feed is at 12 pm, central time. Under' womens uefa events' As always, x out of all the spam and don't click to anything that asks you for a video player(you don't need one, and it's there to take control of your browser.
    http://www.frombar.com

17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That's exactly what this is. Apparently some of u feel that Lauren Holiday has a hobby while her husband has a job. If that's the case ur prolly in the wrong forum. There is huge difference between a tragedy and minor surgery. Here's hoping her husband doesnt have an upset stomach before Canada 2015. Now a lot of this falls on Sermanni as well. He was plainly too understanding for his own good. A lot coaches wouldnt have given her the time off. Finally, nothing that costs a man his job is minor thing.

skybolt and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  18. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    I obviously didn't think Prinz was coaching, but she thought she was....which makes it ironic! I wonder if people remember her reaction when she was sub'd out and then later not starting. she made a huge fuss and disrupted the entire team, despite completely being out of form. (Newsouth, I don't think this is a matter of opinion - and if it is, you're in the singular minority). Please reference national headlines in German newspapers where of the likes, "Prinz Evaporated". The Frankfurter Allgemeine (largest newspaper) had Prinz on its front cover: "Vom symbol zum problem" – "From symbol to problem".

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Apollo?

20. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Player wise. I would be extremely disappointed if nobody remembered who my favorite player was, much as I harped on her.

and c'mon, that's Caesar at the Louvre.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    No...while it's a friendly tournament is also a rare opportunity where the front office cant pick ur famous "tomato cans" to run over. The next time they play a series of quality teams like Japan, Sweden, Denmark & North Korea will likely be Canada 2015. It's an opportunity. Do I care that they finished 7th at Algarve? Nope. Im generally more interested in how they play than the result except for the two big tourneys. Did Sermanni's bosses care? Yep.

exref and Blaze20 repped this.
  22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    This is my feelings as well.

23. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    So, then, when I took several days off to be with my mate while she had cancer surgery, that indicates I was being a hobbyist? And my employer should have denied me permission? Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'll be watching to see you don't make the same error, ever...:giggle:

BTW, I have seen J'Rues surgery described as "career-threatening" but I haven't seen it described as "minor" by anyone but you. Either way, he wasn't ambulatory for a while after, so it probably was pretty useful to have someone around for a few days?

24. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Or possibly in the Algarve Cup in 2015? :rolleyes:

Namdynamo and JanBalk repped this.
  25. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No one in their right mind would go full lineup/strength next year two months out from the WC. Only the local team will show up full strength and expose their game plan and weaknesses because they have to win the Vacation Cup but get upset in the World Cup. :rolleyes: