To our friends from Carrow Road... welcome!

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by babytiger2001, Jul 18, 2008.

1. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Napa is great for wineries visits, another option is just staying closer to home. The San Jose region has decent wineries near Gilroy, in nearby Watsonville/Hencker Rd-Pass/Hwy 235...more than a dozen wineries within a 5-mile radius of that stretch. :)

2. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sorry I didn't gave equal time to the South Bay boosters. :)

3. Essex_Canary

Essex_Canary New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Colchester,Essex,UK
    Yep a favourite pastime of all football fans - and not just a recent phenomon. in 2000 QPR fans hijacked a survey to find 'The most influential man of the last 2,000 years' and voted Manchester City defender Jamie Pollock ahead of Jesus into first place.

Pollock had scored an own goal for Manchester City that resulted in City being relegated and QPR staying up:)

4. theythinkitsallover

theythinkitsallover New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Well. we got the relegation vote to 67% before they pulled it

Corking

PS you call it a case, Delia calls it a "half time tipple" (seperated by a common language eh!!!)

5. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Could it be that Delia fits within the following scope?
    > ***********************************************************************
    >
    > My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I
    kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a
    nearby table.
    >
    > My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'
    >
    > 'Yes,' I sighed, 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to
    drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't
    been sober since.'
    >
    > 'My God!' says my wife, 'who would think a person could go on celebrating
    that long?'
    >
    > And then the fight started...
    >
    > ***********************************************************************

6. skyblue1987

skyblue1987 New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    coventry uk
    in case you didnt know your canary friends lost 2.0 today against the mighty sky blues.

7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I saw that. Oh well. Maybe they can win their home opener. Always hard to start away.

8. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many Canaries fans made the trip to the Ricoh?

9. skyblue1987

skyblue1987 New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    coventry uk
    about 2000

10. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere this was supposed to be one of their bigger followings away in a few seasons, and all to see Chris Coleman's debut!

11. theythinkitsallover

theythinkitsallover New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Its our biggest "first game" away following for a few years, but we do travel in far better numbers than most championship sides most weeks.

Annoying game to say the least, deffo had the better of the play, but failled to capitalise on it, sunk by a sucker punch from an "old boy" when we were pushing forward at the end!! We will play worse and still get a result on other days this season.

still fair do's to Cov, a million passes and pocession for 89mins will get you sod all if you don't score more than your opposition.

12. Essex_Canary

Essex_Canary New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Colchester,Essex,UK
    Coventry (A) - Norwich supporters = 2435
    MK Dons (A) - Norwich supporters = 2021

13. American Canary

American Canary New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    Agreed. I didn't travel to watch the game, but I listened to it on the radio. They really did sound as if they were playing well, just couldn't finish anything. The MK Dons match was even more frustrating and disappointing. Hopefully that will be the last loss for a while. OTBC!

14. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Hoolahan play for the Canaries?

15. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    I thought Hoolahan did well in Saturday's match against Blackpool. The team, overall, did very well. The boys up front yet again didn't earn their salaries as they couldn't find the back of the net (though they came very close on several occassions), but Rusty was able to come in and give us a vital point. I think once Croft and Russell came on as substitutions the game really picked up and we were a serious threat. Yes, we did well before that and seemed to dominate the whole match (from where I was sitting) but Croft and Russell brought on the attack.

16. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to watch the highlights on Setanta today and was very impressed with the Canaries up to the last third. The finishing did hurt them.

17. overthemoon

overthemoon New Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    Hi Naco, there's a thread on the pinkun site this morning ("Message from across the pond") saying they've only just got your email - been away on holiday. Hopefully you should get a reply pretty soon.

18. WalksOnWater

WalksOnWater New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    City of Norwich
    Yeah, we're playing some really good stuff, but as someone else has already posted we miss Hucks & our strikers are not earning their crust atm.

BUT Hoolahan is very good ! as is Clingan, Stefanovic & Kennedy.

If we can get a big, powerful proven striker then our best side will go places I'm sure...

----------------------MARSHALL-------------------------

OMOZUSI------KENNEDY------STEFANOVIC------BERTRAND

-----------------------CLINGAN--------------------------

-----------RUSSELL-------------------BELL--------------

----------------------HOOLAHAN-------------------------

-------SCOTT*SEALY*CLONE--------LUPOLI--------------

We'll be much more fun to watch then :rolleyes:

Incidently, check out this this website from a guy in Norwich,
    http://www.planbtees.co.uk/index.htm

Pretty cool T's:cool:
    I've got myself a MARVIN GAYE(A good humoured p**s-take of our Norfolk Accent) & will be purchasing a BADA BING,ACDC & ASCENT OF FAN shortly.
    Darren Smith who is the genius responsible lives but a stones throw from my house. He is reportedly working on reprising his classic Huckerby T, a take on FRENCH CONNECTION UK(HCUK rather than FCUK) only with a mystery twist ?!?...can't wait, there will be many takers !

GO QUAKES!

OTBC!

19. Essex_Canary

Essex_Canary New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Colchester,Essex,UK
    Think is we've gotta change the way we play to Hoolahan cos rather than trying to get Hucks into space Wes much prefers the ball into feet in tight situations. He's never gonna skin anyone for pace but give him the ball in crowded confines and he'll split defences with his movement or passing.

Personally I'd be happy with this:

-------------------Marshall-------------------
    Otsemobor--Kennedy--Stefanovic(C)--Bertrand
    Crofty-------Rusty------Clingan------Hoolahan
    -------------Rasiak------Lupoli---------------

Subs: Nelson, Shacks, Bell, Fozzy, Curo

Still have question marks over Kennedy, makes Malky look like an athlete but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til he's fully fit!

20. WalksOnWater

WalksOnWater New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    City of Norwich

Do you not think he drifts too much for the left wing?
    Hoolahan is most effective it would seem when he is given the freedom to roam and make mischief between the midfielders & forwards.
    I'm just not a fan of Croft. For a winger he seems to have no quality to his end product and runs down blind alleys. I'm hoping that although playing 'narrower' Bell will be for us what the fans of his previous clubs bill him as...creative, hard tackling, scores goals.
    Our loan full backs have pace, quality, trickery (although Omozusi seriously needs to learn when to use it if BLACKPOOL was anything to go by)....they are attacking enough to provide the width , with a pretty solid/creative centre in RUSSELL-CLINGAN-BELL.

Just my thoughts anyway :rolleyes:

OTBC...BRING ON CARDIFF!!!

GO QUAKES ! (sorry for posting this guys )

21. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    This really has nothing to do with the last few posts, but it goes right along with the topic of this thread. AVIVA was giving out scarves at the Blackpool match to the first 10,000 fans. I've got one extra if someone in the States wants to swap for an Earthquakes item. It's yellow and green with CANARIES in big letters running the full length and AVIVA in small letters on the ends width-wise. Not too flashy, but it shows who you support.

22. WalksOnWater

WalksOnWater New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    City of Norwich
    LOL OUCH ! fair enough though :eek:

I only got one, but I would consider the same

23. Neaveso

Neaveso New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Chelmsford,Essex, UK
    Hi board, my name is Jon. I joined up with this forum asfter finding the Norwich Thread on here. Ive had a Season Ticket for 13 years at Carrow Road. Thought I would join up and see what happening on here after Hucks hit town. Ive noticed there has been a lot of Norwich/Earthquakes fans talking on various boards on the net. By reading this i take there is a lot of New US based Canaries? I was gutted when Hucks left but looks like he is settling in well. Thanks to all you Quakes fans for the great reception?

24. Two Bob Strike Force

Aug 17, 2008
    Attleborough UK
    As a life long City supporter I have been following the fortunes of the quakes since the signing of Norwich 'Legend' Darren Huckerby. It has been good to see the Ultras wearing the yellow and green of NCFC as I have purchased an Earthquakes shirt and have been wearing it in the snake pit on match days.