To our friends from Carrow Road... welcome!

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by babytiger2001, Jul 18, 2008.

1. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    good, good call.

2. American Canary

American Canary New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    Congratulations on getting Hucks to sign for your club. He's great to watch running up and down the pitch past the opposition. I know my kids are going to miss watching him at the games. I hope he can help take San Jose up the table. Good luck.

3. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    its a MUST!

4. eatoncanary

eatoncanary New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    UK
    Hi all, another Carrow Road season ticket holder here.

As well as echoing all the other comments about Hucks, there is one vital thing you must do to make him really feel at home.

You'll quickly spot that Darren does not do tackling or heading. Therefore it is vital that every tackle or header he does do (especially the headers) is greeted with a massive cheer!!!

Looking forward to following your season from now on, it would be even nicer to get some of your weather.

All the best

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice call, likewise. I really like the "sister city" angle on this, between San Jose and Norwich.

Who else would like to see this happen? Feasibly?

6. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be great. I would also love to see a series of friendlies between the Quakes and the Canaries.

7. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I sent an e-mail to the Pink 'Un about who to contact to establish a rapport between the two sides, and perhaps a friendly down the road, but they never replied.

http://www.pinkun.com

8. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Discount airfare/hotels/cars both ways. I wanna go to Norwich!

9. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and a couple of friends are planning a trip to England to catch a few games in February of next year. We will try and get to Norwich to root on our adopted side.

10. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring back a nice stadium.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Don't bring back a mean stadium.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

12. sjquakesfan81

sjquakesfan81 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait one second...this needs to be MUTUAL with our Canaries bretheren. If we are going to hate the Blue Slime that is Ipswich Town, they better grow a deep hatred of all things LA Galaxy (scum) as well. May a Ipswich Town shirt never grace the stands at Buck Shaw, and may a Galactofilth shirt (especially with Beckham on the back) never grace the stands at Carrow Road.

:D

13. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    It was nice to see a lot of Norwich shirts at the match today. Hopefully they keep coming back. Although it might be better if they got 'Quakes shirts with Huckerby's name on the back.

14. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think a whle family was decked out in norwich shirts from what i saw....they were standing near sec 101 at the end of the game. :)

im not sure how the quakes canaries friendlies would play out...

didnt Huckerby say he would never play against norwich?:eek:

15. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I believe that Norwich City plays Spurs in a friendly tomorrow in Norwich. It's probably not on TV here, but hey, that's what justin.tv is for. I'll be on a plane and unable to watch, unfortunately. If this were a league game, I'd say "come on you Spurs," but it's just a friendly, so I don't mind if our friends in Norwich win.

16. norwich fc boy

norwich fc boy New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    tonight the canaries host carrow road it is live on setanta kick off 7.45pm gmt... i'm flying back to north carolina tonight and will miss it currently working for eurosport and have been fortunate over that last few years to involved with the mls

shocked that hux's sign was not covered as much as it should this guy will be in the all star game next season, he is a player whom you can't help but get on the edge of the seat, goals from the half way line and a great ability to set up others around him

there is no question he may become the most fouled player in the league and will be double marked as he is such a threat

i have my san jose huckerby shirt and def. i hope the bond continues I travel nationwide so I intend to see an away fixture

17. theythinkitsallover

theythinkitsallover New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Too be fair, there wasn't a whole lot of chance of that sort of behavier being tolerated, before Hucks moved.

And lets never mention the friendly with Spurs again shall we? only a pre-season kick-about but........Jez

18. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could play one half for Norwich, the other half for the Quakes.:)

19. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Wow, Darren Bent? ouch. But hey, it's just a friendly, and Spurs are looking like they're finally going to meet some expectations. If they'll only stop selling off their best players. Regardless of the less-than-inspirational performance from City yesterday, I'm confident that you guys will have a good season. Here's hoping Hoolahan brings you to the top!

20. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe he's still at the pub.

21. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big thanks from the Liverpool lobby to Spurs. Keane-O ball going Big Four - good stuff. And C'mon you Spurs.

22. LucyLou

LucyLou New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    This stuff is bloody brilliant! It's amazing how the love of Huckerby can start an Ipswich hatred campaign in America!

Not only is Huckerby a fantastic footballer who will rip defences to shreds in any league when he's at his best, he is also a loyal and passionate man. I don't think Norwich has seen the last of him (he's been using Colney when he's in the UK) but he'll do a good job for you.

Good luck for the season. City needs all the luck we can get!

23. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a person who supports the Quakes and Ipswich Town, I am wholly against any effort to reach across to the dreaded canaries. Frank Yallop plied many years for the Tractor Boys and anyone who looks to diminish that needs some serious rethinking. Go on you TRACTOR BOYS and go on you QUAKES! Always you Blues (Ipswich Town) and Quakes!

24. LongTimeQuakesFan'74

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Nov 12, 2007
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piss off your hatred of Ipswich Town! The Tractor Boys rule and will always best those yellow canaries, always.

25. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet, Yallop hasn't let his old allegiances stand in the way of recruiting the best possible players -- in this case, one Darren Huckerby -- in an effort of making the Quakes a better team.

And the more fans we can bring on board, the better, regardless of wherever they come from (as your signature itself suggests). :)