Tired of the Wiltord bashing

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by SportBoy333, Jun 19, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He's getting ripped all over this forum and on the World Cup forum. People dont seem to think he should be out there. I think you all need to give the guy a break. I dont have any problem with him being out there. Every time he gets ripped is always saying that Giuly or Pires should be there well they arent so get over it ! Yes I'd agree that Trezuguet should be out there instead of Wiltord but they dont play the same position. As for Saha really I would rather have Wiltord out there instead. Saha does nothing for me. Wiltord did alright today I believe he did set up Henry's goal. Lay off the guy and give him a break. He is quality and deserves to be out there.

2. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    I'd have them both out there. Like Trezeguet, Saha doesn't play in the same position as Sylvain

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think its clear he is getting ripped more than any other player. Tons of people dont seem to think he should be out there. I just wanted to try to stick up for him because no one else is.

4. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    well, who else are we gonna stick there. Giuly? (j/k ;) ) Or worse Vieira?

IMO he had an average game. He certainly wasn't the worst player out there.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If I read one more post on why Wiltord is out there instead of Giuly Im gonna scream. These people who dont follow the team dont realize that he's not on the team because he and the manager have conflicts and issues.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i can't understand either the wiltord bashing or the viera bashing. i think they're both doing more than "good enough" since we went to an alignment that suits them.

7. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Uhh...well....he had a deflected shot from distance which probably would have had no chance land right at Henry's feet, but if you want to give him credit for that...well....nevermind.

The truth is that Wiltord just isn't creating enough. He's not an out and out striker, and thats fine, but if you're going to play in that role you have to create something and Wiltord hasn't done much of that. In fairness neither have Malouda or Viera but I don't think that is supposed to be what they do. Domenech has handed Wiltord a pretty free role to support Henry and he hasn't done enough to keep it. Period.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll take Ribery over Wiltord on the right all day long right now. At 32 years of age, it should be Wiltord coming off the bench and not Ribery.

9. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The problem is neither of the two can play a full matchat the moment. So, one half each ? I think Ribery has more impact against tired legs.

What about Dhorasoo, he seems fresh ! :D

10. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Could someone tell me why Guily hasn't been called up? I would think that he would deserve that spot a lot more than Wiltord.

11. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    :D :D :D :D

Sportboy? care to field this one?

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    God for the last time Domenech and Guily HATE each other. That is why he is sunning himself and not languishing on the pitch with the rest of les bleus.

13. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    EVERYONE hates Domenech...and vice versa.

14. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sylvain seems to have found his old SuperSub suit again !

15. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Pires and Giuly, they are great. But at the same time they should've known better. You just don't question your boss's authority even if he's an idiot or a moron.

16. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    So you think he should be out there starting???
    I don't bash the guy, but his play during his starts have been LESS than lack luster. I agree with how Domenech is using him now (wow...agree Dom...same sentence:confused: ), playing him deep in the 70th, when we're up, JUST to give another player a rest.....other than that, PRESENTLY he doesn't bring anything to really boost the team...

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    giuly>wiltord

18. PFloup

PFloup Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Giuly didn't get called up, GET OVER IT!

19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be more upset of Boumsong over Mexes than Wiltord over Guily.

20. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This goal...
    [​IMG]
    Gives Wiltord the right to be on any French team. Ever.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No I dont think he should be starting because with older players Zidane, Claude M, and Vieria out there in the midfield you need some youth there with Ribery and Malouda so there is no room for Wiltord unless as a sub.

22. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Ahh arite gotcha, I thought you were suggesting he gets the start.....so just the bashing that's getting to you....cool