Timothy Chandler- Injury prone/Call you-Tim Chandler merged

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Real Corona, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why we would compare Chandler to Castillo at LB since Chandler is clearly ideal at RB and Castillo is looking to get in the mix at LB. However, if pressed, I would prefer Chandler in a pinch at LB over Castillo.

In any event, I'm hoping for a back line of Chandler, Ream, Gonzales and Johnson to step up within the next few years. It would be nice to have the solidity there that has been missing since before the 2010 World Cup.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  2. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe because Castillo played LB for JK's first 2 matches and Chandler played LB for the next 5. Johnson has played 4 of the next 6 with Castillo and Torres filling in the other 2.

3. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree I hope Gonzalez and Ream step up I would like to see them be our starting CB pair in 2014.

4. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but Chandler only played there because we had no one else at the time and wanted to get Chandler on the field, but it's obvious that Chandler is in line for the RB spot after Cherundolo is gone. He's not an LB and won't be in the future, so it's pointless to judge him on that position.

5. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Sub out Ream and insert Cameron. Of course, I don't rate Ream.

6. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Cameron plays CB for Stoke then yes but if he plays DM I don't he should play CB for the US.

7. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always felt that playing Chandler at LB was a waste of his talents, but now that Johnson locked up the LB spot Chandler should be playing at RB the position he plays best.

8. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but is silly to dismiss the player that JK started the most at LB and delivered the second most goal scoring chances from that position as playing there because we had "no one else" at that time.

Maybe you forgot that JK declared that Chandler had won the starting LB job.

9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Fabian Johnson

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    All I did was point out to an AV fan that LIchaj's hook up with Albrighton, where he scored on a thunder cross from Albrighton at the far post against CHELSEA just months ago was a fine example of something Lichaj has done which I haven't seen out of Chandler. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

11. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look there is that useless LB Chandler passing to Fab at LM for a penalty!

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wish there were one cross from Chandler like the laser shot Brek had from the right side touch line that led to Dempsey's goal. All we get is some kitten "chips". His short through balls look nice enough but he isn't much challenged on any of them.

After looking at the hi lights I think I miss Shea a lot.

13. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither Chandler or Fab are going to run to the flag and bomb crosses in. That is not JK's scheme for them. They are inverted WB much like Robben plays as an inverted W. Their job is to put precision passes (chips and lasers) into attackers in the box. Dolo bombs in crosses from the right side.

You should miss Shea. He was the #1 chance creator during JK's first 10 matches. Chandler was #2. Together they were JK's offense in his early days. Sheas MNT decline is somewhat related to the missing Chandler.

14. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't you a FC Dallas fan? :rolleyes:

15. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that's the case because Shea hasn't done anything at FC Dallas in a long time, it all started when he disappeared in last year's playoffs.

16. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Chandler blew us off pretty bad last May. If there is no new news, how come so many posters here are including him on future rosters?

17. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bimmer posted the following story a couple of weeks ago, which made it look pretty clear that Chandler still was committed to the US. I translated some of the key bits in the quoted post, below, from another thread (plus one correction Hobo suggested)

http://imgur.com/A98OE

19. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Because Jesus, errr, I mean Jurgen, is magic.

20. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have our right back and left back in house. im pumped!

21. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You haven't been following along.

22. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Interview with TC, credit to Hendrik in the Chandler YA thread for posting it. http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...tgart-usa-lionel-messi-juergen-klinsmann.html
    Here are of a few quotes from the articles roughly translated by google,

SPOX: You are now in the U.S. national team. It was always clear that you are playing for time U.S. team when the opportunity arises?

Chandler: I'm in the youth national teams still playing for Germany. But then the U.S. has simply asked for the senior team and I have decided.

SPOX: They were shortly after you have turned up in the Bundesliga nominated.

Chandler: I was there less than 10 league games and knows it so appreciate the fact that I was immediately invited the United States. When the coach has called, of course I immediately said yes. And I have not regretted it yet.
    SPOX: You yourself have never lived in the States, raised in Germany and have always played here. To what extent the U.S. is still a home for you?

Chandler: I have to admit that there is still a bit distant. It's just mainly about football. But I am dealing with the country wants to know what is there, for example in the politics going on. And I like to follow the NBA or the Olympics now, the Dream Team.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  23. Lothar

Lothar Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Tuscaloosa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting find. The replies are interesting too. For example:

01.08.2012 | 18:04 Uhr
    reudigerRüdiger :

Guter Spieler. Schade, dass er sich für die amerikanische Nationalelf entschlossen hat. In 2 Jahren wäre er sicher auch ein Kandidat für Löw gewesen. Denn reine RVs sind rar gesäht. Vllt hat ihn das Beispiel Beck abgeschreckt? Wobei ich bei Chandler größeres Potenzial vermuten würde.

Rough translation: Good player. Too bad that he decided to play for the US national team. In 2 years he would certainly have been a candidate for Löw. Because pure right backs are a rare find. Perhaps the example of Beck scared him away? Though I would suspect a greater potential in Chandler.

Then there's this guy:

01.08.2012 | 18:12 Uhr
    DerScharfrichter :

Durchaus nachvollziehbare sportliche Entscheidung, allerdings wäre es rein moralisch für mich ein Graus auch nur einen Funken Energie zu investieren in den Erfolg dieses schrecklichen Landes, egal auf welcher Ebene.

Roughly: A totally understandable decision from a sporting point of view, but to be sure from a purely moral point of view it would be horrible for me to invest even a little energy in the success of this terrible country, regardless how.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder who is his favority player?

Dirk Nowitzki? :p

25. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully it's nobody from the Miami Heat.