Timothy Chandler- Injury prone/Call you-Tim Chandler merged

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Real Corona, Mar 2, 2012.

1. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Call up Chandler for Mexico

2. Call up Chandler for Jamaica and start him at RB in the second half.

RevPOWA repped this.
  2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Let's be gentle, we don't want him to get "tired".

RevPOWA repped this.
  3. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

4. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would we want to call up a player who tires so easily? :p

If he thinks he's got it hard, look at how many matches Xavi has played in the past 3 to 4 years. Against much better competition and with much more at stake. Not to mention being the main man all-throughout, never complains.

I honestly don't care if we call him up or not. I'm much more concerned whether Lichaj will be in the next few squads.

5. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Exactly. If Klinsmann truly believes this Chandler character is worthy of the US, then he needs to take into consideration the fact that he tires very easily. Save him a 10,000 round trip in August, so he is feeling better next June.

6. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different players with different bodies and you should care that he gets called up because he makes the US team better.

TheHoustonHoyaFan and RevPOWA repped this.
  7. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you just go around pushing German-American players? It's getting old dude.

I don't care whether a player is German-American or whatever. I support players who are committed to the USMNT. To me his excuses are lame, I don't believe him. Players who have had far more taxing seasons then Chandler accept the privilege to wear that shirt with great enthusiasm.

BarcaLover repped this.
  8. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bravo!

9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Of course he would accept a call up to Azteca. It cements his position at Nurnberg with an "international" rep which fits in nicely with team politics which is his main concern.

I'm more worried about June 2014 when he's in contract negotiations to extend his contract and his agent tells him that he must avoid injury at all costs or see millions of euros going down the drain.

We'll have to play him because nobody had the foresight to work on his replacement and he'll be in "tired" mode.

The guy is a train wreck for USMNT.

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The facts say otherwise. When Chandler didn't show and we put Johnson in his spot we have production from the LB for the first time in years. i.o.w., he was making the team worse because he was taking the spot from somebody who was better.

11. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, I think some of you guys are just exaggerating it a bit, or I haven't understood the irony (possible, I'm German). Not a single agent will tell a player that he shouldn't play in a World Cup.

Virtus repped this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baloney. Johnson was already in the plans and Chandler has been pegged at RB for after Cherundolo retires for a while. He was never going to be the permanent LB. I think the case is more about your pathological hatred of Chandler.

BimmerBenz95 and RevPOWA repped this.
  13. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not Argentina or Spain or Brazil or another talent filled country. We can't just exclude a talented player because he's been 50/50 in regards to the rest of his career. He is only 22 and most 22 year olds that I've meet are not even sure what they're having for dinner that same day let alone committing themselves to something for the next 10+ years. If he decides to play for us then great, he'll more then likely be the starter at RB in 2014. We can't not call him in because some people feel offended he hasn't cap tied himself to our national team. He's a good player with tons of potential and we need as many of those types of players a we can get our hands on.

I also don't buy that it's a waste to call him in to Mexico. Imagine it as a recruiting trip. We have a nice prospect and we're trying to make him feel at home with the players and team by putting him in the most hostile and intense atmosphere that our team will face. It'll be a nice bonding experience between him and the rest of our boys.

I hope we get him. I think we'll get him. I'm not too worried.

Mr Martin, BimmerBenz95 and RevPOWA repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I rather start thinking about Plan B, nominally Lichaj. As a skeptic, won't buy into Chandler until he's played with the team in a real game, and done something in it to show that he fits when the pressure is on.

Personally, I don't think Eric is a bad alternative for the NT, all things said.

15. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Can't find where anybody said an agent would tell his player not to pay in the world cup. Can you just press the quote button on that part so I can follow the thread, please?

16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So the facts hate Chandler. He is not the best LB, is he? Admit it. Now let's ask ourselves if he is the best right back. We thought he was the left back because we hadnt tried anybody else, right? Could it be that he isn't the best RB either and will find that out as well if we try somebody else there?

17. Cleats Up

Cleats Up Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Saint Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My fingers are crossed for getting Chandler. We cant just forget about him because he turned down a call up. We dont have enough guys to replace him, and to me, lichaj is not his replacement at RB. I would like to see Lichaj at LB, Chandler at RB, and Johnson at LM. I think our best bet is to have all 3 on the field at the same time.

Tom Collingsworth and BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one has ever claimed he was a LB, certainly not me, so I don't know why you keep harping on this nonsense. Nearly everyone has Chandler pegged as the right back when Cherundolo is gone. Why would it be surprising to find someone better at LB when Chandler isn't an LB?

And, Chandler has been capped 8 times, only 3-4 of which have been at RB. It isn't like he's monopolizing the time and denying someone else the opportunity to come in and have their shot. Besides, who has shown anything close to being better than what Chandler has shown at that position? It isn't like the US coaches are contractually obligated to play Chandler there and no one else.

However, I guess we should stop playing Tim Howard so much at goal keeper. I mean, how do we know someone could be better and maybe we'll find out that another player is better if we stop giving all the opportunities to Howard?

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  19. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we both know what "June 2014" in your last post means, right? Let's not turn this into a Kindergarten thing.

20. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

I would love to see him too, But I would rather see Johnson at LB and Chandler at RB and Lichaj as the back up at both positions. Having Johnson and Chandler as your outside backs it just too appealing.

21. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    smh! :thumbsdown:

22. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said sir! :thumbsup:

23. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for this Chandler hate to end when he plays a WCQ game later this year and finally gets cap tied CAN'T WAIT.

[​IMG]

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  24. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    He's 0 for 8 so far, so the odds seem to indicate that Chandler may be too "tired" once again.

25. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Chandler comes for the Mexico game, then the Jamaica games and proves he's among the top 3 talents in the NT pool.