Timothy Chandler- Injury prone/Call you-Tim Chandler merged

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Real Corona, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, I totally misread that word. Thanks. "That's where Timmy and I left it" makes sense in both translation and context.

2. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... Count me as suspicious that Chandler came to the realization Germany was not going to happen, but so be it. If he does come back, let us hope he commits to playing in the games that matter.

Mestes and WrmBrnr repped this.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Easy to do and the notion of JK loving Timmy is believable for sure.

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  4. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he does come back and Dolo is playing right back still, that surely means that Johnson gets pushed up the field to LM/LW. That would be interesting.

5. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which leads me to my personal, totally unsupported, speculative theory about why Chandler turned down the 5-game series. I think he knew Cherundolo would own the RB spot and that therefore he would be a bench player for most of the series. With the choice being bench player for a month or a month vacation, I'm guessing Chandler said no thanks to Klinsi, figuring he would wait until Cherundolo aged a bit more. :D

6. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect his club coach Hecking leans on him, as a North American player, and I suspect it will be the same for the friendly at Azteca It takes place on Aug 15 of course, whereas Nürnberg have a cup game on Aug 19 and the first round of the Bundesliga on Aug 25. Club and Country conflicts are always going to be there, and I hope at some point he makes a decision to be all in for the national team because I feel that he has moved beyond being a young player trying to find his (starting) place with his club. Nürnberg would not have signed him to the recent extension otherwise.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  7. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard it all before. Unless I see him in September vs. Jamaica then I'm not sold on his commitment. The guy is always tired when an important US game is around the corner.

8. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actions speak louder than words. He can give all the feel good quotes he wants. He's got a long way to go to earn my trust.

Prove your commitment Timmy.

raza_rebel and soccerusa517 repped this.
  9. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    I liked the other translation better. And it made sense too!

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He isn't "constantly" too tired. He is tired at the end of the BL season which is when the WC begins. So he will be fine until the WC actually begins at which point he needs a vacay.

11. Yaznasty

Yaznasty Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said "constantly" in the sense that this is the second Summer he has pulled this. Yeah he's tired at the end of the BL season, constantly. The thing I don't understand is how our older guys playing in competitive leagues, I guess mostly Dempsey and especially Cherundolo, who is even older and also plays in BL, can be rested enough to play for us come Summer, but Timmy can't. Also, hundreds of other international players manage to do it as well

Excellency repped this.
  12. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Azteca match don't mean jack.

13. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wants to wait and get called up for the German National team he wont play against Mexico en el Azteca.

14. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Unfortunately it does. It will be another game where JK won't try Lichaj. Exactly like games wasted on Orosco meant no games for Cameron/Gonzalez

diablodelsol repped this.
  15. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol are you trying to compare Orozco to Chandler?

16. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Don't pretend you don't understand what i said.

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler will more than likely be the future RB so it's not wasting games.

18. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler can play in all the friendlies he wants. He needs to stop avoiding cap tying games.

19. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    He probably would if he wanted. As he doesn't know what the hell he wants, he probably won't.
    Unlike Orozco, it's not a quality issue but attitude. What makes no difference leading to the same result.

20. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he doesn't know what he wants he won't accept the callup for next month's game against Mexico en el Azteca so we'll see what happens.

21. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    The worst case scenario: he accepts, plays well and then, at some point, disappears again. JK would be a fool to trust him. Should try Lichaj ASAP.

22. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I heard someone say that JK said he would be a fool if he doesn't call up Timothy Chandler. I'm optimistic he will accept the callup for the September WCQs against Jamaica and he will be finally cap tied.

23. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    He can call whoever he wants, he should try Lichaj.

24. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should try Lichaj at LB and move Johnson to RM.

25. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    1. Don't call Chandler for Mexico.

2. Call him in for Jamaica (x2), but only if he's interested. Sub him on in the 90+3 minute in the first match. Give him the other match off, as he may be a wee bit "tired".