Timothy Chandler at FC Nürnberg [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not until Lichaj gives up the pictures, we've been through this before :D, once there is evidence theyre burned hes welcome back

2. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is such a bummer.

There have been so many high profile injuries this year. Dortmund's struggles have been well noted. Bayern has had a few big ones including Badstuber and Schweinsteiger. Schalke's had probably the worst injury crisis this season, missing as many as 6 or 7 starters for a string of games last fall. It's been crazy.

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Nooooooo........ Bummer for him, and us.

4. nick1278

nick1278 Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there goes that. No World Cup and his team is on a path to relegation.

5. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt the relegation part. Braunschweig is an automatic. Freiburg is really bad, probably worse than Nurnberg even with Nurnberg's injuries. I think Nurnberg come in 16th at worst.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CTS26, sakibomb523, edcrocker and 2 others repped this.
  7. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If he comes back April 5th-19th that gives him a good amount of time to make the 30 man prelim roster due on May 10

8. Glubb

Glubb Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    via fcn.de

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Derby? I guess the Bavarian Derby is like the Catalan Derby when Barcelona plays Espanyol. Not really a derby, more like a chronic shellacking.

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guardiola is tracking Chandler!

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the Bavarian derby. Munich has it's own derby, but 1860 has been stuck in 2. BuLi so we haven't been able to enjoy these for a while.

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Meniscus tear for Timmy, 8-10 weeks off. Not such a big deal. Surgery through a keyhole incision, walking in 3 days, running in 2-3 weeks after surgery. Full fitness in 8-10 weeks. I have had it, a huge percent of athletes in every sport have had it.

13. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had it done 15 years ago. To do normal every day stuff it took 4 weeks, to run in a straight line at a good pace it took me another month and a half and to have the same lateral movement as before, it took me 6 months!

Of course I wasn't an athlete of that level and I'm sure the process has improve since then.

14. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on the size and shape of the tear, no?

15. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Also depends on if the procedure is a meniscectomy (quick recovery time because the meniscus is removed but heavily increases the risk of arthritis) or meniscal repair (6 months of recovery time but better long term). I should know, I've torn my meniscus 3 times. ;)

16. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine was moderate, it happened years earlier due to a ski accident (my binds didn't released). As the years went by it was bothering me more and more when I walked beyond 3-4 blocks. Now, I have no side effects but it did take a while before I could do an inside step pass.

17. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  18. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That mirrors my experience, as well. I believe there is also a psychological aspect of getting to the point where you are playing without being over-protective of the knee when cutting, making tackles, etc. At least I found that took some time to feel confident again. But, he is the pro athlete so hopeful that he is able to get to the point of competing full bore in BL matches within the timeline.

19. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there is no chandler today im just casually watching, and since Verbeek took charge Nurnberg look 1287% better than before with the bunker boot ball stuff. Theyre playing with confidence and swagger. They got some players in Kiyotake, Hlousek, and Drmic.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  20. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    No it doesn't. Ist the same injury as before, just seems longer to cure. Unlikely he gets fit again this season.

23. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is fair. The season is almost over, and it makes more sense to not take any chances and have him 100% fit for next season.

24. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is such a shame. just when things were turning a corner for him, he does his knee. i for one was hopefully he could solve our brad evans problem...or at least provide fullback cover in brazil. i fear that he may be no more than a bit player for the nats moving forward and he won't live up to his supposed potential with all these derailments. he and fab or cameron on the other side would be really solid. him overlapping zusi or green or whomever would've been a treat.

oh well. best of luck on your recovery, timmy chan :thumbsup:

25. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ich dachte Außenmeniskusriss bedeutet "ACL tear" oder?

Doch nicht. Kreuzbandriss. ;)

Hobo repped this.