Timmay Too: The Chandler thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Lloyd Heilbrunn, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    This.

And liverandpineapple, how do you not know BB didn't just tell you the truth? Whatever he says that doesn't end with "Chandler is playing for Germany" won't be the truth so you won't believe it.

It's just like Obama and the birth certificate...if the answer isn't "he's not from here" nobody will believe what he says.

Not that I'm not saying there isn't any chance he isn't on the fence...I'm just saying that the best reasoning here is the one given, and even if TC has some doubt it doesn't mean he's turned a sudden 180. Until I hear that, I'll believe what I've heard so far...because there is no way to know anything else unless you make a dozen illogical unsubstantiated jumps.

2. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    He's not lying. But he likely knows what we all suspect. The "tired" excuse was just Chandler being polite.

3. soonertony

soonertony Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I choose to panic!

4. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of people here are crazy.

5. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    At least we got Rossi.

Wait, what?

6. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're saying he's not tired.

By that logic, there's no difference in playing in the Bundesliga verse playing for a Bundesliga youth team.

7. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    How is this "better"?

I'd rather have it be a moronically dumb coaching decision and have Chandler for the next three coaches to choose, than to have him switching to Germany.

8. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    That logic does not follow from that. Of course they're different. Enough to make him "tired" though? Just don't buy it. Now if you want to, that's your prerogative.

9. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    We can speculate all we want. But the answer has to come from Timmy. Someone will interview him. And he will have an opportunity to say that he is not considering a switch. We have to wait and see whether he says that.

10. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Mental fatigue is the biggest bull shiiite excuse ever. Just like when T-Ho was benched for ManU, but they called it "mental fatigue" so feelings didn't get hurt.

Tim Chandler is doing the same thing, trying not to hurt our our feelings by saying he's tired. It's better than saying, "I now feel like I have a chance to play with the German national team"

11. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That logic does follow as you're essentially saying the same thing in this post. That the Bundesliga is not that much more physically/mentally demanding then the German youth leagues.

I'd saying playing at the highest levels of German football for a whole season for the first time (after being considered not good enough to even merit a professional contract from Einthract Frankfurt) would be enough to make Chandler physically and mentally tired, yes.

12. gideon02

gideon02 Member

Jun 22, 2007
    texas
    Mental fatigue as an excuse to miss out on the most important competition for your country besides the world cup? If he wanted a chance to cement his place in the starting lineup, this was it. You gotta be crazy not to be alarmed by this. Sounds like he's gone.

13. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Goff: "Nürnberg want Chandler to take a break, because he wouldn´t have any vacation, if he plays the Gold Cup.”

When does the Bundesliga season start?

14. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From @dan_bu on twitter:

"@DanCovello Just asked someone from Nürnberg. The club seems to be in talks with Bradley, because they don´t want Chandler to play the Gold Cup. Nürnberg want Chandler to take a break, because he wouldn´t have any vacation, if he plays the Gold Cup."

15. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandlers situation is not even remotely comparable to Tim Howards.

Chandler was completely off the radar, a nothing prospect on the international scene who hadn't played above the youth level, at this time last year.

16. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly like I thought. Nuernberg wanted him to have a break.

Everyone calm down now.

17. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, Nürnberg start their pre-season on June 26, so had Chandler accepted the call-up and assuming the US plays in the Gold Cup final on the 25th, this would
    a) give him almost zero break (effectively May 15-26) before going straight into a full training camp & Bundesliga season
    b) send him into Nürnberg's training camp tired and probably a few day late, which could cause him to lose ground if he's in a fight for a starting role

So the supposed excuse he's given is reasonable.

That said, I think he's probably also choosing to sit on the fence and keep the (IMO) tiny option of playing for Germany open until World Cup qualifying begins.

18. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late August. I buy the whole "Nurnberg wants him to rest" thing. He's obviously shown he's a valuable asset.

19. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they qualified for the Europa League (which I haven't seen if they have or not) the qualifiers would be begin in July.

In any event, August at the latest, with pre-season beginning sometime in July. (edit: or June 26 as mentioned above :) )

20. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Good news
    even tough he only played 14 games:D

21. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    He could vacation here !!! We send him to Disney World and a few other places, have him show up for one game playe 1 minute get capped and then send him to South Fl for more RR

22. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  23. tk421

tk421 Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or just play him in the final against Mexico. One game Maybe 2 thats all we need.

24. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares what Nurnberg wants? This HAS to be coming from Chandler.