Timmay Too: The Chandler thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Lloyd Heilbrunn, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    He absolutely refused the 2011 Gold Cup call up, said he was too tired after playing just the 2nd half of the '10/'11 Bundesliga season. Which absolutely hurt us in winning the Gold Cup because of Cherundolo's injury during the final, then having to shift Lichaj to RB and Bornstein came in at LB, and well we know what happened then.

2. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...lear-message-to-jurgen-klinsmann-usmnt-051512
    Tim Chandler hasn’t said it in so many words, but by turning down an important US men’s national team call-up for the second time in two years, the German-born footballer has sent a message that sounds very much like he’s just not that interested in representing the United States.

Namdynamo repped this.
  3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just said he hadn't seen it. Didn't say it didn't happen.

4. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not sure I follow, but whom are you saying is delusional.

A case could easily be made that the delusional ones, are the ones who keep thinking TC is going to make the final 23 for Brazil. And what does him being injured have to do with him being the worst player on the field the last time he suited up for the Nats? In fact on a day of craptucalar performances by our entire team, his performance stood out in its epic level of suckitude.

I think he has a chance to be an important player for us next cycle.

Do you find any irony in the fact you start your post attacking other people, for their position which is not appropriate for this forum and then cry for a mod at the end? Even if every time he was out he had genuine and valid "reasons" he still has not been reliable for us. The evidence is the absence of his name on USMNT rosters.

Statman repped this.
  5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler wasn't our worst player that day. Gonzo was. And if you remember he was left alone on the right side with zero help. Chandler seems to get all the blame that day cause people are still upset with him not being 100% sure prior to that match (gold cup, etc). But everything he's said and done leading up to and after that match is that he's 100% committed to the USA.

As for chandler making the 23. Injuries have really hurt his chances. He is probably our most talented RB/ best fit for JK's system but poor timing of injuries and JK sending him a message at first might cost him. Ukraine was important. Even if he gets healthy in time it would be a long long shot for him to make the 30 let a lone the 23.

6. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was asking for evidence that Chandler turned down a call up. I provided a link with some information he might find interesting. Nothing more nothing less.

Martin Fischer repped this.
  7. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was pretty bad.

Lowest rated player was Chandler on ASN
    http://americansoccernow.com/articles/player-ratings-united-states-vs-honduras

Here were posters thoughts of his performance (lowest or second lowest rated player by almost every poster)
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...l-Index-Games/2013-02-06.aspx-2-6-13.1982168/
    Chandler : Refuse to rate how bad he was
    Chandler: 3.5 - my dislike of him isn't even a factor in this rating
    Chandler - 2.5 WTF
    Chandler: 3.5 - Costly had the beating of him.
    Chandler - 4 - owned
    Chandler - 2.5 - nothing positive to say at all, horrible
    Chandler: 3 --First time nerves. Still, quite useless. He can only improve.
    Chandler - 2
    Chandler - 3.6
    Chandler - 4 (deserved a 3 if not for the fact that he was responsible for the entire right side, due to Klinsmann's game plan and thus ought to be bumped up by a notch)

Castrol Index (Chandler was lowest rated player who went 90 minutes)
    http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/US-Men/Statistics/Castrol-Index/Castrol-Index-Games/2013-02-06.aspx

8. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We may never know for sure, but what message do you feel was JK sending him if he was truly committed after the Honduras mess?

We all know he was not the first or last to have a horrible game under JK but he appears to have been singled out during the Hex and I am curious as to why.

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying he was great or even good that game just that he wasn't the worst and received a lot of extra hate for the things that transpired leading up to the game. He was bad but Gonzo was much worse than chandler that day. And the team as a whole put in a stinker.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was a little bit of JK punishing him for the things leading up to that. The stinker he (as well as others put in) and his club form was meh at the time. He wanted him to really want it. When he was ready to recall him and give him his shot chandler was hurt each time. I don't think he was intended to miss this much time just injuries messed up his last 2-3 call ins.

11. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    So is he still in the running or not? I can't see him making the team if he doesn't play again before season ends.

12. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's due back in probably a week-week and a half (at least according to his club saying he's on track)...really a matter of opinion as to whether he's still in the pool or not.

13. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    If yedlin gets worked tomorrow I bet chandler is in the 30 barring a set back whether he plays again or not.

14. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Really depends...obviously it's a massive opportunity for Yedlin but it's still only 1 match...if Chandler can come back and buy time with the 30 man and then get back to the level he was playing at before his injury he'd be very tough to ignore I'd imagine especially considering the competition he's up against week in/week out. We shall see.

15. huckleberry123333

Jul 17, 2013
    Quoted for emphasis. Shut this thread down till 2016.

16. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get well soon, Timmy, we need you!

17. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy do we ever, with Chandler at RB the US could finally boot Gonzalez out of the starting lineup (thirty strikes -- including three big ones last night -- and you're out) and find a CB pairing that won't get abused like Besler/Cameron.

18. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2843 John McGuirk, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Have we ever seen Besler/Cameron paired at CB? And how is this somehow a pairing that won't get run over by Germany or Portugal?

Let's freak out about Gonzo's poor showing in a Mexico friendly and forget about how he utterly dominated them in both qualifiers.

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against Jamaica in KC, but that is only from the game report on FIFA.com, I don't remember it clearly ehough to give a review of how they did other than post a shutout against a team that wasn't very good.

20. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    The US need two centerbacks (a whole backline really) that is designed to deal with Ghana.

So, is Cameron right against Ghana? Is Chandler right against Ghana? Is there anything particular about the Black Stars' style that helps answer that question? Wondering how these guys are going to do against Germany is sort of beside the point.

21. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Either would be fine against the Black Stars who don't feature swashbuckling flank play. The central areas are the key.

22. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Yeah. But this is the Chandler thread, so I thought I should at least try.

23. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah if (big if) Chandler were able to come back I'd be pretty worry free about our fullbacks altogether..I think Cameron or Chandler would be fine against either team out there. The worry area if both were to be able to go is that other CB spot. As it pertains to the thread topic though if Chandler can come back healthy that'd be huge because then maybe Cameron can shift over possibly to RCB.

24. Ace08

Ace08 Member

May 30, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Another option/train of thought would be that Chandler's presence would allow Cameron to move to defensive mid next to Bradley.

Just my opinion but I think Goodson would get the next shot if Klinsman really does decide to bench Omar

25. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd love to see it...TC playing the way he was at N'berg at RB, Cam CDM (the Cameron and Michael Bradley vs. Panama video is one of my favorites on Youtube), then someone at RCB. Basically Chandler would allow us to not only have a RB with the most experience versus top competition, but it'd allow us more flexibility with Cameron as well.