Pre-match: Time to invade Ze Germans - The 2012 CL Final Pre-Pre Match Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Yaroni, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's only one thing for it mate. You and I and all the other BS chels supporters are going to have to save up ALL our money.... and take out a contract on DI :eek: :D

2. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Well lets wait and see it could be a very long trip back depending on the result.

3. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Don't let a bad result define the trip. You get to see your club on one of the biggest stages in the game after we were ruled out halfway through the season. Chelsea isn't where anyone expected them to be and IMO, regardless of the result, I'm proud of these guys and consider the CL campaign a success.

4. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Or we can plan some elaborate hesit where we would rob wealthy footballers ho... oh wait, liverpool havent been in europe for a while now ;)

We are winning this year, I can feel it!

5. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Currently watching Cologne v Bayern - Bayern look pacy and slick - but susceptible to counter attacks - just wished we had the pace of Ramires - Torres needs to provide that pace I feel...

6. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chels may be missing the bigger names, but Bayern has some very difficult issues replacing Badstuber, Gustavo and Alaba. van Buyten hasn't played for 5 months and Breno is hurt, which I think means Boateng in central defense. Gustavo would normally be the first choice to pull back and help defend, but with his suspension they will likely play Timoschuk out of position on the left and bring in Contento. Ribery will be less effective without Alaba connecting with him, and Schweinstieger will be less bold going forward without a true holding mid behind him. Kroos will also have to play more defensive. I think its a 50/50 game before considering the home-field atmosphere. Not sure how much that is worth, but I think Chelsea have a good chance here if Luiz and Cahill are both fit.

7. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Contento looks good against Cologne

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Just heard about this situation on twitter:
    Bastian Schweinsteiger is still having problems on his knee, he might miss the Borussia Dortmund and the Chelsea game

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If that happens, I suspect Kroos to play the double six.

10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    BTW did you see/hear Klopp yesterday??? He had me laughing when asked if it will be easy to play Bayern ahead of their UCL final vs. CFC. He said something "like was never easy to play Bayern in the past, it won't be now & I am sure in the future it will be tuff". Stupid journos askin' their stupid questions ;)

11. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I like this line up. The only problem for me is the right side... Torres and Bosingwa vs Rafinha and Ribery. Torres v Rafinha isn't a bad duel, but Bosingwa must make sure he is sits a little further back than usual to prevent the counter. I would argue against Bosingwa's form this season, as he has been suspect, as everyone on here has talked about, but he was brilliant vs Barcelona, out of position. So I think it's maybe pointless to talk about form at this stage.

I would say it's a slight advantage to Bayern because of their attack as well as the home stadium, but anyone who saw something other than a Barca v Real final is lying. The unpredictability of football has reminded us why we love the game so much.

Having said all that, I seriously hope you beat Bayern, in front of their own fans. I also hope they keep the ticket allocation fair.

12. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    just read this from bayernforum.com:
    This is interesting. Daniel van Buyten played 62 minutes in this match, and Ingolstadt II failed to score a goal after he was subbed out [​IMG] Of course, I haven't seen any of the goals so it's only speculation, but things aren't looking too good. In the first round, away, the result was only Ingolstadt II 1-0 FC Bayern II.

BTW Ingolstadt II scored 3

13. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Torres or Sturridge on the same flank as Bossingwa worries the shit out of me

neither come back to defend

14. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Not to mention Ribery plays on that side.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern play BvB tomorrow for the Pokal Cup final (German FA Cup). I believe it will be on either GolTV or ESPN3.

16. Maurice Dollars

Maurice Dollars ¡Arriba Perú, carajo!

Jan 11, 2011
    Lima, Perú
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Assuming everyone is healthy:

Cech​
    Bosingwa--Cahill--David Luiz--Cole​
    Mikel----------Lampard​
    Kalou--------------Mata-----------Sturridge​
    Drogba​
    Bench: Turnbull, Ferreira, Hutchinson, Romeu, Essien, Malouda, Torres​

17. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Kali has been notoriously inept on the right flank

18. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    kalou is 10000% starting the game

19. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Right but hell start on the left as usual, that means were out of dependable options on the right, personally I think if Robby gts smudge to come back on defense he can turn into the beast he was on the right early this season under AVB.

20. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone know about how many Chelsea fans will be there? Will it be near 50-50, or what?

21. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Probably 20-20 with the other 60 big money and other neutrals.

22. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I'd say around 25% Chelsea, 55% Bayern and 20% Misc.

23. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Guys, I can't wait for this game, I wish it was tomorrow

Also, when should we start the match thread

24. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Save it until Thursday or even Friday. This thread is good for now. If we started it now, it would have hundreds of posts by kickoff.

And I also cannot wait. I have to work my first job until 2:30pm, then I have to go into my other job at 7pm. I'd work 22 hours Saturday if it meant the other two go right.

COME ON CHELSEA!

25. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Officially Bayern and us both get 17500 each and UEFA get the most.