Time for a new "Mass Shootings" thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My bad, but that was my second ever "from the iPhone" post. Had I been at a workstation, on my laptop, or even on my iPad, I would've included a line like "no reputable news source confirmation of anti-Semitism of Heil Hitlerian Dimensions at this time."

Since my post however...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...er_glenn_miller_s_white_supremacist_past.html

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified the man arrested for murdering three people near Jewish community centers in Overland Park, Kan. yesterday as a white supremacist who has spent time in prison on weapons charges. From their press release:

Frazier Glenn Miller, 73, of Aurora, Mo., was arrested today for the murder of three people at two separate Jewish Community Centers in Overland Park, Kan. Miller, who was arrested using the alias Frazier Glenn Cross...is the former “grand dragon” of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, which he founded and ran in the 1980s before being sued by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for operating an illegal paramilitary organization and using intimidation tactics against African Americans.

After subsequently forming another Klan group, the White Patriot Party, he was found in criminal contempt and sentenced to six months in prison for violating the court settlement. He went underground while his conviction was under appeal but was caught by the FBI with a weapons cache in Missouri. He served three years in federal prison after being indicted on weapons charges and for plotting robberies and the assassination of SPLC founder Morris Dees. As part of a plea bargain, Miller testified against other Klan leaders in a 1988 sedition trial.​

American Brummie repped this.
  3. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I worked insurance claims for the Big Blue company, and the office I worked in had some dedicated Morris Dees haters. "Always trying to stir up stuff!" "Givin' folks a bad name..."

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Wait!!! Three years in prison for weapons charges, plotting robberies, and plotting an assassination? While some schoolteacher is gonna get 8 years for having sex? And probably have to register for life when she moves to a new neighborhood?

Did this ass******** have to register anywhere?

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Why do you hate our freedoms?

Bootsy Collins and ceezmad repped this.
  6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Try as I might, I can't free my mind of the misconception that murder is a serious crime.

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah, but thinking about murder, not so much ;)

Otherwise most of our wives and/or girlfriends would have spent serious time in prison (instead of just the few).

yes, 3 years does sound rather trivial.

8. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Auriaprottu repped this.
  9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    You can't think of a single good reason why this piece of shit should not have been allowed to own a firearm?

Auriaprottu repped this.
  10. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Why, the second amendment of course...:( Anyway, its an outlier you know-- most senseless violence is by black people...:sneaky:

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I take issue with the bolded, sir! Violence over a flatscreen or some rims has a point. Violence because your dog told you to shoot that man, or because he's wearing a Cam Newton Auburn jersey is much more questionable... ;)

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Victims caught off-guard when they were stabbed it says. Presumably with the noise of the party nobody heard anything?

Funnily enough, that's maybe one of the ways a gun would have been less deadly because you'd have heard it but, obviously, that factor would have to overcome the MASSIVE difference in the other direction... that guns make it much EASIER to kill people.

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article:

Um, if there are rounds in the magazine, the gun is loaded, IMHO.

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that, too. But if the magazine was separated, and somehow the kid managed to get the magazine in place...is that too far fetched?

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gotta call bullshit on the gun being unloaded. No way a two year old is going to properly seat a magazine and manipulate the bolt carrier group. The latter doesn't require much force from an adult but for a two year old? This is the type of the shit the NRA should be focused on 110%. People will always kill but how about ensuring we don't have to hear about anymore family Darwin moments due to "accidents".

The father actively chose to leave both his rifle and ammo accessible to children at least if his story is to be believed. That isn't an accident it is just simply stupid and lazy.

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess I won't be recreating in Georgia any time soon.

Dante and American Brummie repped this.
  21. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    White men with small penises speaking for ALL Georgians.

Just imagine what the reaction will be next snowstorm when the roads ice up.

Dante and American Brummie repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A gun owner walks into a bar..

cleansheetbsc repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Would it be un-PC to point out that (aside from the Latino, the Cajun and the woman) this is most Deliverance/Augusta National-lookin' group of human beings ever assembled?

EDIT: No, I don't know jack about the folks in parens. The do look different from the rest, tho.

minerva repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia