Time for a new "Mass Shootings" thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So many things about that story are scary.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, I get it, this was never intended to be an actual law. It's a statement.

But that just makes you ask, what is the statement he is trying to make here? And that's not a whole lot better than thinking he actually wants this passed into law. Is he THAT in love with guns? Is he THAT in love with saying things solely intended to troll people who disagree with him?

The modern Republican party is sort of like a huge, demented group therapy session. It's better understood as psychology than as sociology or political science. Or am I going too far with that here?

Chesco United and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  3. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Including this:

Numerous children across the US have died in accidental shootings in recent weeks. Among the latest reported incidents:
    On February 2, 13-year-old Paige McGinnis of Ovid Township, Michigan died after her 14-year-old brother accidentally shot her in the head with a shotgun. On February 1, Tmorej Smith, 3, of Greenville, South Carolina killed himself with a pink handgun he found in his family home. On January 23, 4-year-old Jamarcus Allen of Akron, Ohio was accidentally shot and killed while riding in a car with his father, who has been charged with manslaughter.

So, when you include this kid in Paducah, that is 1/5 the Newtown number of dead kids in purely accidental shootings in less than a month. This honestly makes me just as sick to my stomach as the intentional mass shootings.
    I started off this discussion by saying that "we the people" are not responsible enough to have a right to own guns. We just aren't. It needs to be a privilege and one that you have to work at least as hard as the privilege of driving.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Pack a gun, get a discount pizza.

This is one pizza place you won't want to risk prank calling.

All Around Pizza, in Virginia Beach, VA, only employs gun-carrying delivery drivers - and is now offering firearms owners a 15 per cent discount off their food bill.

The idea came to owner Jay Laze after he saw a similar incentive being touted by a Utah frozen yogurt store.

He told WTKR, "I thought it was a great idea and I was wondering why nobody here was doing it. It should be happening all around the country.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nt-gun-owners-article-1.1266889#ixzz2LNzWVh4N

5. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so this means that an armed pizza delivery person will be delivering pizzas to armed customers. oh yeah, this should go well. no chance of a misunderstanding occurring there...

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "What? No tip? Take that (BOOM!) you cheap motherf'er!"

My "50% of America is insane" theory is always proven true when I read shit like this.

minerva repped this.
  7. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the pizza was supposed to be here an hour ago! and I told the guy on the phone I had a coupon! take that (BOOM) motherf'er!

8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Or... "I ordered it with extra anchovies!!!!" BANG!!!!

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is the New York Daily News like The Onion?

Dyvel repped this.
  10. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    worse. they try to pass off their yellow journalism as actual journalism.

11. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 50%?

Gun ownership is like spandex - it's a privilege, not a right.

12. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They actually passed a law here in Florida banning Doctors from asking questions about guns in the household. It was blocked by a federal judge.

"At one point, lawmakers wanted to make violations punishable by a five-year prison sentence and $5 million fine."

13. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Side story: Colorado will be passing some new gun laws over the next couple of weeks because the state Senate & House are controlled by Democrats and our governor is also a Democrat. Today I was getting my shoes shined and the Replican House minority leader was sitting next to me waiting for his shine. Hearing him go off about "major capacity clips are needed", "guns are how we settled the West" and "people will kill with anything so why ban guns" etc was so sweet.

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hang on a minute... be fair. EVERYBODY knows that pizza delivery people are highly educated and extremely well paid. There's no way THEY'D act unreasonably... or the people that buy pizza for that matter.

Nah, never gonna happen :)

15. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Depending on whether you believe the guy or not, that seems very similar to the story that Oscar Pistorius has given for the shooting of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21503370

The couple went to sleep shortly after 22:00, the statement said.

In the middle of the night, Mr Pistorius woke up and went to the balcony because he thought he had heard an intruder, it added.

"It was pitch-dark in the bedroom. I did not have my prosthetic legs on and felt extremely vulnerable."

According to the statement, Mr Pistorius thought Ms Steenkamp was still in bed, and he fired through the bathroom door, believing he was shooting at a robber.

When he realised Ms Steenkamp was not in the bed, "it filled me with horror and fear", it said.

Mr Pistorius broke the door down to find his girlfriend shot inside.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Ah, those Onion guys sure do come up with some implausible scenarios in their satirical reports.
    Wait, what?!?

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, it doesn't sound very plausible to me either but, to be fair to the guy, atm we're only hearing the prosecution case. Actually, that's strange because, according to a fella I saw interviewed just now on the beeb, that's NOT supposed to happen. Looks like he's gonna struggle tor receive a fair trial the way things are going coz of the adverse publicity.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Just wondering. If he wakes up in the morning and says "I wanna dunk like Lebron today" can he put on 6'8" legs?

And during the Olympics my wife & I fought over the fact that I thought those blade thingys were cheating. Half his legs don't get tired like regular sprinters. She thinks I'm too nitpicky.

21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A lot of innocent people get murdered, manslaughtered, or accidentaled by guns that are purchased so that people feel safer. Damn few criminals are deterred.

Guess we all knew that.

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    OK that shooting makes sense. Another woman lying on mom's bed? Blast the bitch.

24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yup. We've all been there, done that.

soccernutter and crazypete13 repped this.
  25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I know where you lived, and my high school hometown was perhaps more benighted than yours, so ... yeah we have.