Time for a "Mass Shootings" Forum?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of criteria there. It's going to take me a while to calculate my score.

2. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having been bat-mitvah'd is worth a lot.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Surely that thing isn't meant to be taken seriously? :eek:

4. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cool kids do the math in their heads.

If you have to write it down or blog it-total beta.

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think i've said to you before, in NZ we have traditionally had a lot of guns. Indeed in times gone by it's difficult to imagine growing up as a lad without handling one, if not owning one.

However no one would even dream of linking them to crime.

The concept of defending your home with them isn't really in the mainstream conscious

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    So back to one of our most famous mass shootings - Columbine. Klebold's mother came forward to talk about her son in "O" magazine.

So on Good Morning America they interview Oprah's girlfriend Gayle who I guess works for "O" and they ask her about the interview and the mother's thoughts on her son Dylan, etc. During the talk they show tape of Klebold and friends shooting automatic weapons in the woods. So I'm thinking "is anyone going to mention these 2 fine yoots love of guns and how much the parents knew about it at that time?" It's almost like these heavily armed maniacs were transported that day from another planet fully armed for battle.

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  8. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all right. i'm not trying to be unsupportive of the mentally ill or advocating suicide. but all these mass shooting are really starting to pi$$ me off. if your life is that miserable, go get professional help. and if you have to shoot someone, just shoot yourself and leave everyone else alone.

10. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I'm just giggling to myself right now, while trying to visualize an insane man who is about to go commit mass murder reading your post and saying to himself, "Hey, this Flowergirl has a point! I think I'll just kill myself and leave everyone else alone!".

11. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey. anything i can do to help mankind.

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Would you at least rep her if the above quote was in some guy's suicide note?
    You never know!
    Perhaps mental health practitioners should be encouraged to advise patients, "You know, suicide is a valid option, especially if you don't take anyone else with you!"

13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I would give her endless rep for the rest of my life.

14. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm going to hold you accountable to this!

1 person likes this.
  15. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
  16. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Mass. shooting, literally, when she was 19. :rolleyes:

Delahunt is going to be hurt by this.

1 person likes this.
  17. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The woman has also tried to mail a pipe bomb to one of her professors when she was at Harvard. She wasn't charged then either.

18. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Where did you get this info that she tried mailing a pipe bomb? The last article I read stated that she was questioned for the pipe bomb, but nothing else.

19. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In regards to the shooting at the church in San Fran., this was bound to happen. As a youth coming up in the urban type of church, there would sometimes be shootings outside of the church, usually by gang members who'd shoot in the air for their fallen homie, or a rival gang might try to make a hit as the people exit the church.

Youth who had either done a major crime or were gangbangers would sometimes try to join a church to find redemption, forgiveness, or even hide behind the church knowing they were marked. Times for that has now changed. The youth will go for broke for whatever idiotic revenge they claim to be looking for.

Right around 1999/2000 I can remember seeing urban churches starting to have male members outside doing parking lot "duty", some would even have security-type of badges. Sad but true, they'll be armed, if they haven't been already.

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  22. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG, the comments R dum. First, there is no evidence that concealed carry has an appreciable effect on overall crime rates (except a 15 year old methodologically flawed study... which is outnumbered by a huge number of studies that show no effect). Second, I've seen the people in concealed carry classes. Most of them are negligent discharges waiting to happen. I most definitely would not feel safer in an "active shooter" situation with a bunch of those Bubbas running around with guns trying to be the hero. I'd guess my odds of being shot would go way, way up.

I do think in the hands of a trained, capable person a concealed weapon "on the inside" could bring an early end to something like the VT shooting. Unfortunately, most of the people who carry have a hero fantasy, and think that "training" means an 8 hour CCW class, 6 of which are concerned with legal issues.