Tim Leiweke Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by GoodDead, Mar 16, 2014.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I guess this might be better in the NSR thread, but let's see what everyone thinks.

#1 Thank whatever God you worship, the teachers pension removed themselves from MLSE. #2 MLSE getting Tim L was the best move for Toronto Sports since the Jays in the late 80's early 90's decided to stack the team.

Leafs 3rd in the East, Raptors 3rd in the East, TFC determined not to be mediocre.

I don't need a parade I'm just glad I don't have to buy a paper bag. Thanks Tim!

TFC Ajax repped this.
  2. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Agree what he's done is huge - as much as anything it's the attitude change that I'm happy about. Going to hold off on any more praise until there are more results to go by.

atlanticTFCfan repped this.
  3. DavemTFC

DavemTFC Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    and until we see how exactly bmo field will be like after the reno and argos move

4. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Indeed I'll hold of the praise until we see more, but certainly I really like what I see from him so far.

5. TOFC/ARSENAL

TOFC/ARSENAL Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I still think he should be investing in two playing surfaces; one for soccer (natural grass) and a second for football (artificial grass). What's an extra million bucks when he is already spending $120 million? They need to do this the right way.

6. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How would that even work?

7. TOFC/ARSENAL

TOFC/ARSENAL Member

Jan 20, 2007
  8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm aware of this but it doesn't answer questions about where the portable grass will grow in October and November.

- Will they put it in the parking lot? If so, how will the grass get heat?
    - Will they apply for a permit to use grow light? If so, why use portable grass at all?
    - Will they grow it in a greenhouse? If so, why not just get grow light and save the transportation costs?

9. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think for the answer to that, one will need to look toward Norway and Sweden and see what they do.

10. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Not start their seasons so early, apparently. Sweden kicks off on March 30 this year, Norway on March 28, and Finland not until April.

11. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Also, based on the Scandinavian model, the key to success is to not share your stadium with a CFL team.

12. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's only two weeks later than the first BMO match, and given that the climate in Sweden and Norway is harsher than in Toronto it probably amounts to the same thing.

To AeL's point, I suggest that the CFL begin with a Scandanavian expansion, you know, just to rock the boat. ;)

13. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    According to my climate friends at Wikipeida, Stockholm and Oslo are both one degree colder in March than Toronto (average temperatures). So I suspect that you are right about the two week difference basically evening things out.

CFL expansion to Scandinavia isn't on. Sure, the league keeps dangling a team in front of Stockholm (Toronto) but it will never happen while a Canadian market like Halifax (Los Angeles) is without a team. Stockholm should just learn that it doesn't need a CFL team to be considered a successful sports city and support the SFL team it already has.

adrenaline11, crazypete13 and Polygong repped this.