Tickets

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jschwarz, Jan 13, 2013.

1. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The parking lot isn't a mudpit anymore now that they've paved it. We've been asking for it to be paved for years, so might as well park there and enjoy it.

Its pretty easy to get out after the game (especially if you know where to park). There are a couple quick exit spots, I'd say try a few different areas until you find one that works for you. Personally, I'm usually in the mood to hang out and talk after the game, or check out Crew Gear or the tent, so by the time I mosey out to the parking lot, I usually just roll right on out.

2. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much are half-season tix and would a CSU half-season ticket holder have exchange privileges?

3. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Half of 306. +$20 for the membership to Crew Union (170ish total)
    Yes we can do that. No black out dates. Exchanges can be like 2 tix to one game.

4. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the team really worth seeing this year? I don't think they are.

5. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean you wouldn't pay money to watch Tony Tchani be our best center mid?
    You wouldn't watch Josh Williams be played out of possition?
    You're not going to be excited that Ryan Finley, Aaron Schoenfeld, and Aaron Horton are going to be our forward options off the bench?
    You're not excited that we're getting rid of our talented Jersey-born player with an attitude problem and replacing him with a Jersey-born player with an attitude problem?
    You're not excited about the off-season acquisitions?

ARE THERE CLUB SEATS STILL AVAILABLE!?!?

6. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So fed up with this club being ran into the ground.

7. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    You got me, I am a-runnin' up I-77 buck naked to Ohio and headed to Crew FO to snap up those club seats. I will turn around and sell those hot babies for double like they are Bayern Munchen tix.

8. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I'm excited about finally living close enough to a MLS club and being able to attend matches on a regular basis but after reading through the Crew message board I have become very depressed. All everyone does is bitch and complain. The negativity is unbelievable. Fire the coach, the draft sucked, no depth, the FO is terrible, this player is a bum, that player is a bum, on and on... Do you guys ever sit back and listen to yourselves? What happened to being a supporter? Is this the way it always is in here or is it just because its the offseason and there is nothing else to discuss?

9. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look carefully, most of the negativity is the same 5 people posting the same thing over and over, and everyone else is too tired of it to argue.

JayFunkeyFresh repped this.
  10. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's part of being a supporter, yeah some of it is just banging my head against the wall in frustration but I've had enough of Warzycha and management. I don't believe in the whole if one complains he/she isn't a fan, to me that's part of being a fan. Fans pay money for tickets, and get a bad product on the field.

Even with Arrieta and Higuain the 2nd half of the yr the Crew weren't going win anything, just not enough talent and even a new coach wouldn't have changed that, I know. However, we constantly have personal problems, players not wanting to come back or leave, this to me falls on the management. Complaining and banging my head won't do anything but it's better than sitting on my hands the last 3-4 yrs watching the shitshow that is Robert Warzycha.

ZipSix repped this.
  11. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very true and sad really. I for one can't wait until the home opener.

CrewBeat and JayFunkeyFresh repped this.
  12. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

I will say, however, having been around these boards for a while, that this offseason has been particularly bad in regards to negativity. Most of it is rather justified, but don't let the overwhelming pessimism get to you. Big Soccer might make you want to occasionally scratch your eyes out, but sometimes it's worth it just for the chance to share your love for the Crew with others, especially if you don't live in Columbus and thus don't know a lot of other soccer fans. This place was my refuge for years while living in rural Ohio.

CrewV Man repped this.
  13. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    "The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment, no matter what the score" - Nick Hornby

14. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Don't get discouraged. Most of the anger is focused on one person.
    If you love the game and love the Crew players, it is worth it. It even comes with a side of Frankie Hedjuk.

15. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quit the damn lovefest, you twatwaffles, and burn the mutha' down.

ZipSix repped this.
  16. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I got my torch all lit up. So what do we burn first? Warzycha's Yugo or whatever piece of crap Eastern Euro car he drives?

17. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the offseason. Things get crazy on message boards this time of the season. It's worse here due to a lack of positive roster moves (some are in the workds, right?) so there is not a lot of positive to talk about (Arreita + Higuain for a whole season aside)

18. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why does the Yugo have a rear-window defroster? So you can keep your hands warm while you push it.

cam5fc repped this.
  19. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    You didn't hear about this??
    "The Oakland Police captured two men in their Yugo last night... The men are being held as suspects in the city's first push-by shooting."

20. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    "If you look carefully, most of the negativity is the same 5 people posting the same thing over and over, and everyone else is too tired of it to argue."

Disagree with this. Most of the negativity is due either to a low opinion of the coach or dismay over the lack of additions to the team. A lot more than 5 people don't think highly of Bob or want us to sign some useful veteran players to replace those we've lost.

21. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I didn't count. There might be 6 or 7.

22. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'll be Mr. Sunshine. Here is a complete list of the 2012-13 offseason positive accomplishments.

1)

cam5fc, eboe, ZipSix and 4 others repped this.
  23. CrewFan1000

CrewFan1000 Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When's the last time you attended a game? 2009? $10/game to park is true, the rest, false.

24. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Calm down dude. Last time I actually parked there was 2011, but it was dumb enough of an experience to discourage me from doing it again. All year last year I parked on the other side of the tracks while I listened to my friends in the parking lot B&M about how bad it was. Maybe they were just dummies for trying to leave right after the game, or maybe they couldn't find the right exits, I don't really know or care. I just didn't see the need to pay $10 on a $17 ticket for a mayyyyybe marginally better experience. Unless you're going to have your own tailgate, why even bother?

25. CrewFan1000

CrewFan1000 Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK "dude".