Tickets for the tournament!

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by paips, Dec 17, 2006.

1. paips

paips Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Mexico
    official site ? conmebol.com is the official site and theres still no info about the tickets!

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No surprise. Conmebol has been always a disaster in terms of organization.

And the official website is a joke.
    Any 2nd division club website is better than that.

3. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Will the tickets be available online? Like can I buy them from the US directly?

4. hbone373

hbone373 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
  5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    is there only one match in BA this year?

6. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    YES

By the way, the latest is that the ticket sales procedures would be in "March" (that was 2 weeks ago).

Do not hold your breath!

-Dave in Mendoza

7. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Answer to pm:

¡sí señor! :) i am keeping an eye for general announcements on sales of tickets, as well as internal sales here in argentina (probably handled thru ticetek, which has been the agent for the argentina football association in the past). When any announcement is made, i will come n here and set out the situation as best i can see it. The football associations in the participating countries may get theri own ticket allocations, who knows, but there will be expensive tickets available thru

i hope to meet some of you guys here in mendoza for the group c matches or the semi-final!

Saludos y nos vemos, dave in mendoza

8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Un Mendocino en Big Soccer? De que parte?

9. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina

Soy media-menduco (el sobrenombre por los mendocinos) :)

Yo vivo en Mendoza, Argentina, la ciudad, pero yo soy de Edmonton, Canadá. He estado dentro y fuera de bs durante muchos años. Hacé cuatro años vivé acá en Mendoza.

10. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Yes, just the final in River stadium, tho many matches in nearby La Plata (45 minutes or so by trainfrom BA).

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tus padres son Mendocinos o simplemente sos un canadiense que le gusto Mendoza y se quedo? En que parte de Mendoza estas?

12. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    No tengo familia argentina, solamente familia politica (mi novia es menduca). Sí, soy simplemente un expat canadiense que le gusto, trabajo acá, y se quedo. Y vos, vos sos menduco? Vivo en la Sexta sección, Capital.

13. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Now the Argentina Football Association (responsible for all organization, including tickets) has said that an announcment will be made in "April".

http://www.ca2011.com/organizacao_ingressos.php

"Entradas

Información sobre esta sección en Abril."

One reason is clear. This is an election year, and any one who follows events in Argentina knows the President's office runs the AFA. Remember, they passed a decree popularly known as "Futbol Para Todos" a few years ago where they expropriated the right to televise Primera league matches, and gave the AFA 800 million pesos, so they could televise for free with pro-governemnt commercials. AFA used some of the money to send Kirchner-supporting hooligans to the WC in South Africa, and it is obvious to me that they are going to reserve many of these seats for these and other political supporters to put on a political show in the sands. They also want to distribute lots of tickets to supporters of their fellow presidents in "friendly" South American countries.

The other reason is sheer administrative incompetence.

14. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    interesting.. so what are the chances of foreigners from outside south america getting tickets ? is it worth planning this trip expecting that I can buy tickets in April ? Can any foreigner buy the ticket online or you have to be a citizen of argentina ?

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Muy bien. Mi familia tambien es de la sexta, mejor dicho quedo la casa! lol lol! Pero tengo familia por todos lados.

Seguramente estare por esos pagos en Julio para la Copa America.

16. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    hey, you in the lonelyplanet forum? I'm there too, same handle. book my flight this morning. now looking for hotels and stuff. we'll see. pero como buen latino se que todo sera de ultimo minuto. hahahah

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah that's why Maradona is still the coach of the national team.:rolleyes:

In top of that you got details wrong from the "popular" version. Do you actually follow the events in Argentina?

And in the end if it was like that the majority of the south american countries will get tickets, i can only think of 1 or 2 that wouldn't.

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Should be a good one...a group of about 25 of us are heading down to BsAs!

19. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    I think the best hope is if Ticketek is given the right for general individual sales, as the Argentina Football Association has in the past for other tournaments and matches. If so, you could buy the tickets online (or by telephone, but you might have trouble getting an English speaker)using a credit card or debit card from anywhere and pick them up in their offices (only in Buneos Aires, Cordoba, La Plata, Mar del Plata and Rosario, NOT at the other venue cities). I have confirmation they will take foreign credit/debit cards and orders from outside the country.

However, there is NO confirmation yet that Ticketek will be the agent for individual tickets. There is no confirmation of anything, until at least April.

Hopefully the universe is unfolding as it should, even in Argentina!

20. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  21. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Looks like Ticketek will be the seller as per their website.

edit. beat me to it.

22. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  23. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Ticketek now says they will be selling Copa America tickets, but that details have not been released and there has been no confirmation from the AFA. This is one option, but there will be others (tour agencies, sales through national organizations, etc).

http://www.ticketek.com.ar/Deportes/Futbol/COPA-AMERICA-2011__CA2011

You can put in your email on that page to be sent notification.

There will be three methods of picking up your tickets after you purchase online, and you specify that (note: this is all in Spanish):

1. ONLY IN ARGENTINA, sent by registered mail to an address in Argentina AND ONLY RECEIVABLE BY THE PERSON WHO IS THE OWNER OF THE CREDIT CARD USED WITH ID, two attempts, and then returned to point of sale.

2. At a Sales Point, if you pick it up before 48 hours before the match, Sales points are listed in my last message. You specify which sales point you have, they may be limited to the location of the match when they go on sale (it will say on the order form when you hit the sales point pickup option). It may mean to go to a match in Cordoba, you may have to pick it up in Cordoba, that is not clear yet. From my dealings with Ticketek, this is the best option.

3. At the box office of the event, on an on-call basis, on the day of the event. They recommend arriving "several hours before the event". For events such as football matches this is not highly recommended if oyu have other options, because of line-ups and bigger chances of screw-ups. But, it may be your only option if you arrive in town less than 3 days before or if you are going only to a town with no Sales Point (such as Mendoza, Salta, San Juan and Jujuy).

For myself, living in Mendoza, I am hoping that the AFA will have a special point of sale for residents in places like Mendoza, or that Ticketek will set one up here for the event. If not, I will probably go on option 3. I do not want to do any unnecessary travelling and I am never in one place all the time to receive the ticket personally by registered mail.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Have you ck www.conmebol.com lately?

25. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    what about it?