Tickets for Sale/Trade Etc.

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Savage_Sam, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I checked the pre-sale tonight via Ticketmaster for STM and the pricing appears to vary depending on the game and the section. MS tickets for the Galaxy are $44.95 ($40 +$4.95 in fees), but are $39.95 for the other games that I checked. I'm curious to see Cauldron pricing. I think it was $25 last year.

2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was 25 last year. If it goes up any I'll be disappointed, as it already jumped 5 dollars between 2012 and 2013--and add to that the membership fees required. Now, that's all still a killer deal... but sue me if I hope to keep a killer deal a killer deal and not just another good deal.

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Last non-sellout game was March 25, 2012.

Maybe I'm not as good of a penny pincher as I should be, but I'm in the camp of thinking the FO insane if they didn't raise ticket prices a little bit. We've got 14,000 full season ticket holders plus however many partial season tickets they sell, there just aren't that many single game tickets to go around. I really don't see how they can stagnate on the price point.

4. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I grumbled a little about paying $44 for a Member's Stand ticket... but I still bought it.

5. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    How are there still MS single game tickets available? That place is always oversold...or at least you can't find a place to sit anytime near kick off. Does anyone know the ration of season tix to single game for the MS? I'm curious since the waiting list for a MS season ticket has reached mythical status.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they didn't know they were available so they didn't even check?

7. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Last year, the Cauldron always sold a good sized chunk of tickets to its members. Of course, if that process doesn't survive this offseason, I'm screwed.

8. Lebowski

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I didn't buy any extra MS tickets during the pre-sale for friends and family. There's no way that I am spending $44 on a valid ticket while the club mismanages or flat doesn't care who gets entry into the MS via copied tickets or tickets that are passed around. I think this is what causes the overcrowding, not overselling.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    During the offseason a question was asked on the Cauldron FB page about tailgating inside vs outside and this was one of the big draw backs for people against the inside tailgate as well. The overcrowding of the MS by allowing other STH into the section then you add in the Cauldron members who aren't Cauldron ticket holders as well, all sneaking in to the MS itself. It's a frustration that was said there is a solution for, but until I see it, I'm in your camp.

10. Lebowski

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I wrote the club and offered these solutions:
    1. Only allow MS ticket holders into the MC with no re-entry or require a pass for re-entry that is handed out by an usher if they need to go have a smoke. Easy.
    2. Handstamp people when they have their card/ticket scanned and then check handstamps when one enters the MS. I bet this would require 4 extra ushers to stamp hands upon initial entry and then have ushers check for them at MS entry points. It would take under 5 seconds. Does not need to be elaborate as Chuck-E-Cheese. Just rotate the stamps and ink each game. Still easy.
    3. Eliminate GA. (Unlikely)

I just hated having to get to the match so early just to try to get any place to stand. I'm not at all picky and it's not like I was trying to walk in during the national anthem. And, I felt like the club was primarily looking to maximize profits via food and beverage sales without ensuring that true ticket holders had an opportunity to get a place to stand. I'll put up with it, but I won't ask others to do so at that price.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 they tried a couple times during the season and again in the playoffs. As long as you didn't use the main stairs it wasn't bad. But going through the main stairs sucked.

12. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    There likely is only much that can be done. However , opening the members club to everyone and their brother late in the season just sucked. So crowded to even just walk around, much less try to get a beverage or food. I really hope they don't just keep throwing open the doors.

13. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where to put this...anyone know huw much the cauldron will be selling tickets for this year? Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Need to decide whether to dole out my $20 membership fee...

14. andrew74354

andrew74354 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I joined yesterday tickets are $26 this season not sure when they go on sale tho. I bought Cruz azul tickets through the SSSC presale.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, Cauldron tickets for the opener are up.

16. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nabbed mine. Almost grabbed one for the CCL match too in my excitement, but remembered at the last moment that a friend has already given me one for that game.

17. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    I have a MS ticket for tonight's Cruz Azul game. Ping me if you're interested.

18. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #568 Ihateusernames, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    It's last minute but we can't go. Two tickets for the SS. Face value. I don't know this paypal stuff but we can try to figure it out or meet up at another game. I trust you all. PM me or text eight one 6. two88. 29seven. three.

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need one MS ticket for 7/23 against Toronto. Bringing my kid.

20. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can convince Gord to skip the game, I'll have an extra.

Nah, that's not happening. :p

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do you prefer standing next to Gordo or Olivia? You know you like the sidewalk chalk all over you!!

22. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that is preferable to Kathie puking up jell-o shots. Although Stu took the brunt of that attack.

Ah, memories.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haha, I had forgotten I had already bought an extra one .... carry on.

24. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd make an "old man" comment, but that would be ironic. ;)

kopiteinkc repped this.
  25. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one extra MS ticket for tonight if anyone is still looking.