Three Stars PLUS One: The Ajax Stretch Run Begins! [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say this about Frank. He gets the boys playing at their best down the home stretch.

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Fixed your post.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV is still down 2-0 at Waalwijk.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Red Card clearly changed this match in Ajax's favor. It was a fair call by Blom as de Jong was clearly taken down with a goal scoring opportunity. Too bad for Heerenveen. The match is essentially over and it would be good to give Sigthorsson and Boerrigter a run out in the 2nd half.

5. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, too.

6. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    More to it than that I know but couldn't resist :D

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV lose to Waalwijk; Feyenoord draw with Roda. Things are coming together nicely in the stretch run!

8. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, character is huge sports, especially in clutch moments and Frank is able to motivate these guys so well.

9. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sieminho de Jongaldinho with the hattrick!

10. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    :D

He's on fire tonight!

I applaud the 800+ Ajax supporters who made it up to the Friesland tonight, for such a late game. Nevet stopped singing, and their homage to Siem was great!

I told a mate of mine 2 days ago ( you guys rememer the "legend" Blind3 :D ) that we will score 4 goals today. Glad I was wrong !

11. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The guy with the sick tattoos from the DC United game? I wish I had hung out with you guys while we were there. Next time.

12. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yup. That him

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Red Card decided this match early on. While Heerenveen tried to defend with a man down they didn't have the quality to do so. Questions must be asked of Jans regarding taking Narsingh off. Perhaps he felt that he needed a target man on set pieces but Dost was just too immobile to help out defending a man down. Losing their best winger made it easier. I'm not sure it's fair to give player ratings in a match like this one where the opponent was so easily dealt with. Everyone did there job and there were few moments of concern. The day could not have ended any better with the other four teams in the top all dropping points. The club needs to stay focused and keep dominating the midfield and all will be well.

14. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    de Jong is petty much our own Mario Gomez. He scores a lot, but is incredibly inefficient in front of goal. Most of the time I just get to see highlights of the games on eredivisie live, and most of the time the majority of the video is de Jong missing the net. But fortunately he at least is able to score lots of goals still, and has the ability to score really nice goals

And van der Wiel didn't at all look like someone who just came back from an injury

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Siem drie/3 Jong :D

Don't need no extra phone, all we need is Siem Only. :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CniW-7tSrk"]Heerenveen - Ajax : Spelers bedanken uitvak - YouTube[/ame]

16. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Friggin great video mate :p

One of these days, I'll buy a combi kit and attend an away match with these very fine lads.

It's the one holy grail that I haven't yet done - being with the travelling supporters :D

17. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    another fine match i missed

im so glad that we turned the table real fast, AZ kinda screwed up lately, next week they will face PSV also

Ajax Marching on!! looks like i'll be having another summer party !!

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    one huge positive is the fact that FdB kept Ricardo in when he subbed in van der Wiel. It shows that he sees him as more than just a stand in backup at RB. He could've easily done a like for like swap of Van Rhijn for VdW, but he didn't. I like that

19. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a solid guy. Wish I could have met up with all those dudes again. I have great memories from Ajax-PSV in '03(?) with everyone.

20. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Our mayor Eberhard v/d Laan already freaking out about a possible Ajax championship on 29 April.. :D

21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Where's Oranje14's Player Ratings????:confused:

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only one who wasn't up to par was Lukoki.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You can see JC-14's highlighted text from my post. I agree with his point about Lukoki who probably would get no better than a '6' Everyone else had very good matches but playing 11 against 10 for 87 minutes is not a fair match to judge. Heerenveen did as well as they could but clearly didn't have the talent on the pitch to play a man down and Jans's decision to remove Narsingh when the keeper was sent off was IMO the wrong one. They lost team speed by keeping Dost on. van Rhijn continues to impress and I wouldn't mind him starting the remaining games.

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vertonghen probably not starting against Superboeren. VDW at RB and van Rhijn in CD.

For any Scouse lurkers, no we're not talking about this Cruyff to LFC rumor and how he has supposedly already agreed a deal in principle. It's too rediculous a story.

25. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands