Three Stars PLUS One: The Ajax Stretch Run Begins! [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Juve needs to buy Dzeko and should keep their hands of players under construction. Even a more mature player like Elia was bench material there. What do they even want with an 18 year old kid. They are also rumored to be after Nuytinck. Juve and Dutch players is not a lucky marriage apart from Davids in recent memory. They should start computing one and other.

2. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Any player who isn't in the prime of their career who goes to an Italian club is an idiot.

Most Italian clubs's youth policy is to fear and ignore it. Klaassen won't go, but I wouldn't leave him alone in a room with a pair of scissors if he spends more than five minutes thinking about it.

And I like Italian football!

3. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    He has commented on it, said this is the 1st thing he had heard about it. He signed a contract not long ago (until 2016) so has no intention to leave.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nItuSAm0E"]AEGON Future Cup live te zien op YouTube - YouTube[/ame]

4. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Aegon Future Cup begins today

Ajax - Besiktas kickoff at 11.30 CET,

then followed by
    Ajax - ManU at 14.30 .... on the same day? You mean they play two matches within an hour or so's rest in-between ??

It's not just Ajax - all the teams in Pool A are required to play two matches today. Seems radical...

5. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Our B1 won 4-0 against Besiktas

It looked a fairly comfortable match, as Besiktas never threatened

Scorers were Queensy Menig (2), Acola & v den Boomen

30 minute halfs are played; multiple substitutions allowed. I think we subbed 4 players. Next up Man U in less than 2 hours.

Time for me to catch some zzzz's

6. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Acolatse, not Acola.

Me tired

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    1-0 Ajax. Acolatse finishes a counter. Becker with the assist.

9. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Game finished. Wingers Acolatse and Becker made a decent impression on me. The rest not so much. Unfortunately, the real talents of this team Kischna (injured) and Tete (suspended) were absent.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Some nice play against the ManU Bs. Clearly players looked tired in the last 20 minutes because this was the second match of the day for both teams. I really liked how Ajax pressed all over the field. It also looks like this team has a bit of height which is nice to see. Acolatse, the goal scorer, looks quite talented and it will be interesting to see how he progresses.

11. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Menig has got some neat ankle-breaking moves as well lol

ManU was a much more formidable opponent than Besiktas.

Our starting lineup:
    Bijl
    Sanniez
    v Bruggen (c)
    Riedewald
    Verburg
    v den Boomen
    Anderson
    Bakker
    Becker
    Menig
    Acolatse

subs used:
    Cakmak
    Warmerdam
    Dankerlui

12. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Does anybody know where there might be video of the goal? I happened to have computer problems for exactly one minute...when the goal was scored.

13. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    No Ajax had the better chances, especially Queensy Menig and Elton Acolatse provided by crosses from vd Boomen were dangerous. I think United's best players were their GK and trialist Cooper who reminds me of Vertonghen the way he goes forward with the ball. Nice composure for a CB and good height. Ajax had to adjust their play a bit because Besiktas in the 1st match were very weak compared to United, but the B1 were in control for most of the game.

I hope Becker isn't seriously injured, he has everything in him to become the MVP of the tournament. Ajax front trio is very pacey and the best part of the team together with midfielder vd Boomen, the defence however is not of the same par as A1, especially the CB with the stars haircut and the RB were weak.

@SmokingDePijp, EredivisieLive website will have all tournament goals up as well as Ajax their official youtube account. Ajax on Facebook have a special AEGON Future Cup app when you like their page.

14. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  15. Bemma

Bemma Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dejan Meleg impressed our Technical Heart and will get a 3-year contract.

16. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ajax A1 won their match against Heerenveen and are now 5 points clear. Let's hope a similar scenario happends on wednesday. :D

Interesting detail in another game between AZ A1 and Twente A1, AZ kind of demolished their opponents with a hattrick from Terell Ondaan who you may remember of signing for them from us last year. He seems to be doing very well for them, just like Fernando Lewis who is also ex-Ajax. This is the one part that I'm unhappy about with our academy, there's too much talent and sometimes we mistakingly let the wrong ones go.

17. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Today our B1 lads played in the 1st semis of the Aegon Future Cup, versus Barca.
    Our starting lineup positions do not quite reflect the numbers on their jerseys,
    but the general flow of the play suggested the actual formation was such:

Bijl

Sanniez Papamelodias Riedewald Verburg

Anderson Bruijn v den Boomen(c)

Acolatse Menig Becker

Becker started the match at right wing, but swticed to the left for the majority of the match. He hardly touched the ball fyi.
    According to Eurosport announcers, our youngest player was 15 yr old Bruijn, who played mostly at no.10 position.

While our attacking trio has received most attention during this tourney, it must also be noted that our defense has been pretty rigid, especially in their offside trap plays, throughout the tournament. Over the past 4 matches, we must've caught our opponents on offside position close to a dozen times if I recall.

It seems the short 60 minute matches created a sense of rush in the games played.

The first half was played mostly in Barca's end, whereas the second half Barca
    dominated most of the play.

Acolatse scored first, on an assist by Verburg.
    Barca scored on a header in the 2nd half.

Both teams hit the post once.

Score 1-1, after 60 minutes. Then it's straight on to penalties.

This is where the drama really begins !
    The Barca goalie actually saved the first two kicks, and we were down 0-2 immediately.
    Then it was 1-3
    There was a slight altercation between the two goalies, and Barca keeper got a yellow for his antics.
    Then Bijl saved the next two Baca shots, while we converted, and it stood 3-3 !

Next up sudden death.
    The Barca player hit the post (!) but Ajax players actually celebrated, thinking that we had already won!
    The ref quicky called the players back to the circle.

Next kicker up was... Bijl.
    And he scored!
    So we go ahead to the finals !

So our goalie was the hero of the match.
    Further attributes go to Dankerlui, who has the potential to be the next Urby Emanulson.
    However, since match 1, I've been most attentive to Denig.
    He could be our next Kluivert, coupled with Narsingh's wingability.

I like that - wingability :D

Subs used:
    Dankerlui for Sanniez;
    vd Linden for Becker;
    Bakker for Acolatse;
    Cakmak for Bruijn.

18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Becker is not 100% after Cooper landed on his leg in the United game. Looks like Acolatse will be MVP of the tournament. Him or Cooper should United win in the final since he scored another goal in the semi's against Bayern.

How insane was that penalty shoot out! And only right for our keeper to score the winning one. :D

United youth lost the final in the Dallas Cup and they will lose another one in few hours time. :)

19. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Injuries are a lot more common at this level. We are missing IMO our best talent at this level in Januzaj (injury) as well and rested Barmby and Rudge with the FA Youth Cup semis on Friday in mind.

Think the final should be a decent game. We were a bit unlucky to lose the group stage match but the lack of a natural goalscorer at this level continues to hurt us.

edit : looks like we are not starting Daehli again with that FAYC semis in mind.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Great come back! Mighty Mous saved the day again and Menig scored the winning penalty.

21. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Great comeback indeed. Man U, Man U, who the ******** are Man U?

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was a shame that the pitch was in such bad condition because of the weather as it really did have a major impact on the game. Of course it is always difficult to judge the ultimate talent of young players but it was good to see Ajax pressing all over the field. We'll have to see which of these players progress to first team.

23. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well done lads !!

Have to give Trustful credit; played two different goalkeepers and both made huge winning saves to clinch the cup for us!

And chuckles to Eurosport announcers for thinking ManU were the slightly superior team ;D

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I didn't watch on Eurosport, but is it true that they thought Davy Klaassen was a random person? :p

25. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's the same guy who does the Eredivisie games for ESPN and he's a total idiot. Can't pronounce many of the Dutch names and has no idea who most people are when the camera focuses on one person.

Last week against Heracles he blanked when Sjaak Swart was on screen.