Thread oficial de la selección de Guatemala (National Team)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Agreed. He didn't get much minutes with Arsenal de Sarandí last time around.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    No offense to our players, but it seems that aside from Pappa and Ruiz, the ones that have been called to play abroad in 1st division teams dont get much play time.

Moyo definitely falls into that. Granted there is probably more money at that level, but play time is what makes you a better player, not sitting on the bench or being part of the practice squad.

If Moyo does get to leave i'd hope he'd make it to the MLS or at least the USL. It may not be MLS, but the speed and type of game is just as good as the MLS.

3. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nada de USL. El Moyo da para la MLS, de sobra. Prefiero que vaya a a la MLS y juegue que a Argentina y no juegue.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    True he didnt get enough playing minutes when he was in Argentina, but i guess it depends what team he goes into, or maybe Uruguay or Chile will be a better option. But i do agree with some of you, i rather him play for MLS too as long as he plays it all matters.

5. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Is Moyo being linked to any specific teams right now?

Gold Cup is his perfect audition for interested teams.

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm sure that'll be his proving ground. That's usually how it works with our guys. Most club scouts dont go to Guate to check out our talen.

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  8. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    If he doesn't renew his contract after December I want Kenton.

9. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's being an asshole, and probably got a better offer from a different team. As much as I want him to stay, with his current attitude and comments, I'd prefer to let him go, and get someone who really wants to coach, and is not talking about his contract ending in December and leaving once it expires. :mad:

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm with you Popol

WE WANT KENTON!!!!

11. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I Agree with you both 100%

12. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    hey, is kenton the DT de la sub-23?

13. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    If Kenton would have guided the 2010 Qualification, Guate makes the Hex at least.

Almeida leaving sucks balls, the guy was doing a phenomenal job IMHO, but then again, the guy may be leveraging for a fat ass bonus so I can't blame him.

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Bet they'll choose Gary Stempel, or Vielsa

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Here's what Almeida said and the reason why he's leaving:

Almeida informó que cumplirá su contrato con la Bicolor hasta diciembre, por lo que aseguró que les dio la “posibilidad” a los dirigentes para que busquen un técnico que inicie las eliminatorias hacia el Mundial de Brasil 2014.

“Yo tengo contrato hasta diciembre y las eliminatorias empiezan en septiembre y como yo termino mi contrato me voy a ir en diciembre”, expresó el estratega guaraní.

Almeida aclaró que sus declaraciones no son con el afán de pedir mejoras a su contrato: “Yo no estoy pidiendo ni que me aumenten, ni nada raro, yo quiero que sepan que en diciembre me voy porque termina mi contrato”, sintetizó.

Según el estratega él les advirtió desde un inicio a los directivos que su contrato debía ser por dos años, pero los dirigentes lo vincularon “sólo por año y medio”.

So he's leaving because his contract was for only a year and a half. Def. i applaud the Fed. we need this change, cause he's not really calling the people he should be calling for our Sele mayor. We need to be more competitive.

16. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Can FedeFut officials get fired? Or do they have a dictatorship hold on the fed like FIFA?

17. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  18. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    damn it sucks to see him leave, mostly because of the way he's leaving but kenton kenton kenton is absolutely right. almeida got us this far, now we gotta keep moving forward and not backwards

19. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So from what this article reads in la prensalibre, our Fed. is happy with Almeida and will try to negotiate his contract so he can continue with the bicolor.

Federativos negociarán con el seleccionador Almeida en diciembre

“El contrato de Éver Hugo Almeida dice que termina hasta diciembre, en esa fecha entraremos en dialogo”, afirmó Brayan Jiménez, presidente de la Federación Nacional de Futbol, sobre la continuidad del técnico paraguayo al frente de las selecciones nacionales.

http://www.prensalibre.com/deportes/futbol_nacional/Negociaran-Almeida-diciembre_0_503949753.html

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You know Bear, Almeida is doing a good job. However, the results aren't there. Yeah he got our sub-20 into the WC. But what about the NT? We've had what, 3 maybe 4 wins in a year? We can only beat crappy teams like Belize, Guyana and BARELY beat Nicaragua?

We have to be better. Make the USA, Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Ecuador, Venezuela, Argentina, Japan etc. RESPECT us. Not just see us as an easy win or an easy 3 points.

21. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well I think Copa UNCAF showed the NT still trying to understand Almeida's system. Their friendlies against Bolivia and Venezuela still showed that lack of understanding, but the Gold Cup can be seen as a success.

I think they played really well against Honduras, before and after the two red cards. The Jamaica game was complicated, I think they did okay. Against Grenada they did what they had to do and what they did against Mex was above average.

He qualified the U-20's to the WC for the first time ever and got Guatemala to the second stage of the Gold Cup for the first time since 1996. Based off that you can say that he's doing a good job, I'd say about a B+. But that can change quickly, we'll see how the U-20's do at the WC and how Guate does in their upcoming friendlies to see if the progression is here to stay.

I do like the fact that the sele for the first time in a long time has a solid defense and goaltending, I think that if these players continue to progress they can make some noise come WCQ.

22. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I dont think Almeida should be given the credit for the sub 20 I think Melgar and Sopegno have been the ones working hard, Almeida just came in at the right time nothing else.

23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    NO ONE deserves credit except the players themselves who played it with huevos.

24. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I know the players deserve credit, NO one is taking it away from them, but they need someone to guide them at the same time.

25. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Believe me and that's not Almeida!!