Thread oficial de la selección de Guatemala (National Team) II

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Oh yeah, he was the coach of Uruguay in 2006 WCQ (when they did not qualify).

2. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well I've heard of this Uruguayan coach before, doesn't take any bs from no one, he won libertadores cup, coached Uruguay, and Ecuador I believe, to me he's a good coach, look fellas we all know that South. America has better coaches and good discipline which a lot of our players need, the main thing now is that we get a coach

3. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I remember that guy from his Internacional days in Brazil. Dude was hot garbage, but he's had his good spells in South America too especially in Ecuador. He'll be a really good hire if he accepts.

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well lads it comes to only two options,
    Victor Puah from Uruguay and Hernan Medford. I think Medford might get it that's is Puah declines it. Its tough but Puah is a hell of a coach, wow tough decision

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Fossati declines offer from Guate due to "personal problems" aha sure buddy

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Rumors were Medford was gonna stay with Real Espana for like 2 more seasons.. especially now that he has Carlo Costly on the roster.

I find it hard he leaves for a NT spot after not taking the Panama job too.

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well if he didn't take the Panama job, which is an already established team/process, then I highly doubt he'd take the Guate job which is a "back to square one" process. Granted he has recently worked in Guate and has a good idea of the better players I still doubt he may want to take a job that has to start from the bottom with a Fed unwilling to work with a NT coach.

edcalvi repped this.
  9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Looks like ChCha's dream might come true:
    Capture.JPG

edcalvi, GoldenOne and ChaChaFut repped this.
  10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Sweet! About ********ing time they stop looking for foreign coaches that don't make one bit of difference, for the NT.

11. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The waiting game is killing me. I want a coach and some friendlies already. We have so much f-ing talent abroad at the moment who WANT to play for guate and it's the most opportune time to get them signed and playing.

12. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Memin has done a great job. Who cares if he doesn't have his A license, the guy was elite when he played.

He can always go get a tranza coaching license in Nicaragua like Hugo Sanchez.

edcalvi and dezeptus repped this.
  13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    No need to go abroad, naturalize Carlos Kamiani who has scored 10 goals in 7 games this tournament, 21 this season, and 39 since mid-2012, and who has expressed interest in playing for the Guatemala NT.

I still think Paco Melgar should be the top choice for NT coach, but then again I'll take any national coach over a foreign one.

About the bolded part, yes he was fantastic as a player, but I'm sure you know very well that good player does not necessarily equal good coach.

GoldenOne repped this.
  14. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agreed on Kamiani, but if there are guys like Cincotta who are doing anything they can to get on the NT I'll take them over crap local players like Gallardo

dezeptus repped this.
  15. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Dely Valdes brothers offered the national team and U-23 gig respectively. Would be a slam dunk hire, so Fedefut is gonna f*ck it up.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the article said that Dely Valdes, Mario Kempes, some other Argentine coach whom name escapes me and some Spanish coach are the front runners for the job.

But then states its down to the sponsors as to who they'll be hiring since they're going to be the one whose ultimately paying them...

lol that sounds backwards my guys.

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  18. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Haha true that. Honestly, sponsors give an assload of money to Fedefut and the product on the field is not cutting it. The sponsors don't pay millions of dollars to see the National team on the sidelines for a fvcking year.

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Exactly, and i'm sure Jimenez wouldn't still be "working" if he wasn't getting paid.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thats crazy to me how it isn't the federation thats paying the coach but the sponsors, outright.

Whats the point in even consulting with Jimenez if he isn't even going to really pay them at the end of the day. Phack that guy.

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This guy is slime and was able to buy his presidency and re-election. Unfortunately the fed is it's own entity so therefore no one can do anything about getting this snake out

22. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I like Funes or los hermanos Dely Valdez.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I heard yall close to signing El Travieso (lol) Guzman. That Mexican coach.

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    All I keep hearing lately is random names and all of them are just speculation. We need a coach already

25. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Que sea nacional! Que sea nacional! Que sea nacional! ...maybe it'll catch on... :/