Thread oficial de la selección de Guatemala (National Team) II

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  2. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    This doesnt look good lads, i knew it. Almeida presented his report for the coming preparation for our Bicolor. Just look at the friendlies:

Enero

• Micro-ciclo el 22 de enero, al dia 25 con un partido de fogueo ante Venezuela.
    Febrero
    • Amistoso entre 15 ó 22 de febrero ante Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad y Tobago o Panamá y frente a otro rival el día 29, en la única fecha FIFA.
    Marzo
    • Tres micro-ciclos de trabajo, incluido un partido de preparación el que se disputaría el 7, 14 ó 28 de marzo.
    Abril

• Amistoso entre 11 ó 25 de abril ante Cuba, Panamá, Puerto Rico o Trinidad y Tobago.
    • Día 30 se integrarán por completo los jugadores que forman parte de los equipos que no clasificarán a la fase final del Torneo Clausura.
    Mayo

• Termina el Torneo de la Liga Nacional, el técnico contempla requerir un día después a todos los jugadores a tiempo completo.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ok Venezuela n Costa Rica great, but no disrespect but Puerto Rico and T&T, are u serious, wtf is that. While Costa Rica played Brazil and Spain we're playing PR and T&T. :mad:

5. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Panama, and CR are top notch right now. I can see us playing T&T b/c Antigua's a good caribean team. BUT we still need to play another good team. Canada maybe? Or a middle of the road Euro team, maybe Asian team?

6. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    La Red says we are waiting confirmation from Guyana for Feb 25th and from Venezuela for Feb 29th even though our FIFA page says we play Costa Rica on the 29th. If we are going to play a caribean country we should atleast play a more challenging team like Trinidad & Tobago or Panama. The fed may be trying get our team hyped up so they can have more confidence when they play, thats really the only reason why I see us playing Guyana.

http://www.lared.com.gt/index.php?o...343:esperan-confirmacion-&catid=34:nacionales

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Agree Evolute, i hope we play T&T, or Haiti, so our boys can get used to the speed of Jamaica when we play them, im looking forward the Costa Rican game, that should be our biggest test, see where we are.

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Totally agree. If we're going to play some warm up games. We should be doing it against top notch teams. And the CR game FOR SURE is going to be a hell of test for us.

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Question for you all, how would you rank the top national players currently under 23 years old? In no particular order I have Elías Enoc Vásquez (19), Jose Carlos Castilo (19), Bryan Ordóñez (21), Jose Javier Del Aguila (20), and Marvin Ceballos II (19) as some of the better prospects to become important for the NT for the remainder of this process and the one for 2018. Who else out there is/can become significant?

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Cha, our U23 was probably and is the worst Sele i've seen. No ideas, no tactics, no soccer skills, they just sucked. I wrote the Federation, how can it be that out of all the canteras from all teams from the league, they were the best players that they could find. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Another thing i told them was, why not use our U20 players to be the base for our main Sele for 2014, why wait till 2018, the majority will be like 26, 27. out of rithym, tired with no consistant team, out of shape. I mean how many of the U20 are now playing in teams in our first division, 3 or 4. No me digan que quieren llamar a los de la Sub 23, thats ridiculous

12. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    You're right, not a great generation per se with the icing in the cake being the no participation at the Pan Am games. That's why I only see Bryan Ordonez as one of the decent ones among that age with the rest being U-20s --whom I also agree need to be seeing consistent in the liga if not starters. I honestly think there's talent there, after all they played in the youth World Cup. Unfortunately, the national coach, the federation, the clubs, and common sense, they all have different agendas. :mad:

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yo mejor 5mentarios. No tenemos nada bueno. :eek:

14. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I see the same info in the CONCACAF site. Hopefully it does happen against Venezuela who are a constantly-improving team.

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    see what i mean, Costa Rica playing Gales n we playing mickey mouse teams, sup with that :(

in other news, i think Almeida should call up Oliva n Marco Tulio Ciani, they both got mad skills. Ciani reminds me of a young Ozil

Felicidades Rojos, suerte en la Concachampions

17. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    HDP ladrones de la federacion hay que quemarlos vivos

lulz, hasta en lo lento se parecen

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i think is a combination of both Federation n Almeida wanting to play these weak teams, why? well because in their minds they think are the closest of the way of playing in comparison to the teams we will face in the next round, if u ask me, very close minded fools, i know it makes sense to play teams like these but seriously look at Mexico n Costa Rica n Honduras, they aint thinking like that. :mad:

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You're right guti. We do need to play better quality teams.

But I think the reason we play these "sub quality" teams is that we use them as warm ups to see how we're playing as a team, and how our tactics and formations are working.

The truth is that we dont always gel together as a team. And there are many factors for that, most of which is the mindset of our players. CR, Honduras and Mexico all have players who have played or are playing outside of their country where the soccer player mentality is all about playing as a team and winning. Guate isnt like that and you can see it when we play badly. Our boys fall apart mentall and the play looks horrible.

Once the mentality of our national soccer gets better we can move forward, but it's going to take all of our NT teams to do well to give those other players some pride in the game.

20. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i agree with you on that one Dre :cool:

21. chapinesROCK276

Feb 12, 2009
    LA/Guatemala City
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We should play like Ukraine..Wales...Norway...or at least Iceland....weenie European teams....

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Chapines where were u bro, were u in Guate or something??? :D

23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm with chapines on that one. All middle of the road teams, but still good soccer teams. Especially Ukraine.

24. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Even clubs would be good. A team from the EPL or one of the better clubs in Spain... speaking of which, any other info on the possible match vs Valencia, o eran pajas de los dirigentes?

25. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Bear in mind that Guyana eliminated Trinidad & Tobago in 2014 World Cup qualification. Trinidad & Tobago have no need to play a game in February, as they have no competitions to prepare for. Guyana will be, like Guatemala, preparing for the next round of World Cup qualifiers. As far as Caribbean national teams go, the other options would be Cuba, Jamaica or Antigua & Barbuda - all of which will play in the qualifiers.