Thread oficial de la selección de Guatemala (National Team) II

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    We got dates for next round's matches:

Code:
    [B]2014 WCQ CONCACAF THIRD ROUND
    GROUP A[/B]
    2012.JUN.08	JAM	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA[/B][/COLOR]
    2012.JUN.12	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA	[/B][/COLOR]USA
    2012.SEP.07	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA	[/B][/COLOR]ATG
    2012.SEP.11	ATG	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA[/B][/COLOR]
    2012.OCT.12	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA	[/B][/COLOR]JAM
    2012.OCT.16	USA	[COLOR="Blue"][B]GUA[/B][/COLOR]
    The opening and closing matches are the toughest.
    Also, it looks like a good time of the year to go vacation in beautiful Antigua.

http://lared.com.gt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2835&catid=44

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    tough games ahead, thanks for info. Cha. :rolleyes:

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    No info on any friendlies, huh?

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hmmmm....maybe fly down to Guate for the Sep 11 game?

Or around here for the US game.

7. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Any idea where the US will be hosting Guate?

8. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Nope, but if it's a decisive match and it's played in the East coast, I might consider attending.

9. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ah i would've absolutely considered going if it was on the east coast, but if everything goes according to plan i'll be studying abroad in argentina! here's to guate going to argentina for a friendly :rolleyes: jaja

10. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    could be in Washington DC lads, vos Armada y que vas a estudiar en Argentina?

11. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Viejas.

Haha.

12. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lared is reporting that if Almeida does not continue, two of the possible coaches are Hugo Sanchez, and Jesus chucho Ramirez. Ramirez would be a good candidate, but I'm not sure about Hugo Sanchez.

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yea I'd want to go if that's the case but I don't know if my little heart could take it if it's a decisive match :S

Wouldn't that be nice but don't hold your breath on the Fed doing what they should.

With WCQ resuming early June it would be ideal to schedule up three or four matches between January and May next year.

February 29 is the only official FIFA friendly match date within that period per this page. I hope something scheduled for then soon.

No word that I know of on the Clausura 2012 calendar yet but hopefully it all can be scheduled to finish earlier than usual so that the month of May is clear for the NT.

14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    o really? fkcu both.

Just give it to Victor Hugo Monzon and see what he does. Seriously.

15. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'm praying it's not in washington dc, otherwise i'll reallllyy be kickin myself since i go to georgetown and it would be the craziest thing ever. just my study abroad year, and from what some of my friends here at school have told me argentina is sick

16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Victor Hugo Monzon, dude seriously, do u know him or something, cause u know what he did last time he was our coach, nothing but a failure. I would rather have Chucho Ramirez anytime o si no al Checho Batista de Argentina. Def. not Hugo Sanchez. I told you guys, i talked to Almeida and he's leaving for sure, since the beginning he said he would leave at the end of the year. He's leaving with some big accomplishments in Guate so thats best way to leave.

17. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Let's get El Chelis up in this bitch.

18. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Lol I did meet him once when he was still playing...
    my memory betrays me - when was he in charge before? wasn't it like a really brief period?

My feeling is, to give it to a Mexican coach who's probably going to charge ungodly amounts of money and still fail, and then leave, we might as well have a national coach in charge. But I'm kind of biased against big-'name' foreign coaches since the Brindisi / Bilardo affairs. But in the end, I hope for the best...

19. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think it'll be someone who's going to keep the style of play as it is. Almeida has stuck to his guns with using the 3-5-2. And from what I can see the NT team is finally getting used to that formation with alot of cross in service now with Nacho up front. As you guys know Mexicans LOVE the 3-5-2 with the cross in offense so that's probably why Chucho's name has been thrown into the mix.

AAAAAAAAND now the most of the starting NT team is 90% of the players from the U-23 (yes i'm going to go there) I believe Kenton's name will be thrown into the mix as well.

If Almeida leaves, it'll suck because the team will have to get used to a whole new coach and be rushed to make changes and all that noise which is not a good thing going into the next round of qualifiers.

It's a bad spot to be in regardless.

20. xjuniorrulzx

xjuniorrulzx Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Northridge, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I read in one of his last interviews, I really doubt he's leaving, as he said he was going too see what the negotiation with the feds offered him. That's a totally different story from what he said a few months ago, which is a good thing for us. I also think he said he was leaving at the end of his contract simply because it's the end of his contract, and he can't stay without a contract. To me it seems like he just wanted a bit of drama so we would offer him more money to stay.

On the other hand, why would the feds be thinking about Sanchez and Ramirez if the negotiation is still pending :confused: I would really like Alemeida to stay and finish the process he started. If not, Francisco Melgar would be a good candidate, and so would Sopengo from los Cremas. Both of them have accomplished so much, and deserve a shot.

21. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I would also give a chance to Sopegno, he's familiar with our football and knows all of our youngsters pretty well, i know he would call Kendel and Enoc, Ordonez and Ceballos without any doubts, cause he loves to work with youngsters since he worked with the Cremas Canteras

22. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I second the motion for Sopengo.. He would be awesome!

23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Can you guys provide an overview of mateo Flores stadium, Are there bars nearby for pre game drinking, good atmosphere, etc.? Will the crowd be fun for the upcoming qualifiers? Getting to/from stadium pretty easy?

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i havent been recently, but from what my brother told me there's a lot of bars near by, with big screen tv's n lot of cheap drinks n food. Now for transportation, if i were u, take a taxi to the game. For the select team, is more of a family oriented game, like the whole families go and support the Bicolor, of course u always have some bad apples but is a small crowd. I know there's like fenses that separates the crowds. Are you planning on going, i know there's some guys in here that they can help you out on giving you the restaurants names n stuff.

25. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What game you going to? USA game? I'll be there for the that game.. For qualifier games it gets pretty crazy.. Little stands that sell food and beer surround the whole stadium, or like lguti said you can hit a number of bars that surround the stadium as well (although those bars are up the hill as the stadium sits at the bottom). To be honest, it's more fun to just sit at one of the little stands that are down in front of the stadium.. They'll have stools and stuff like that, plus you'll be able to take in all the atmosphere.