Thread oficial de la selección de Guatemala (National Team) II

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Loco Rodriguez tryna start beef with the U-20 goalie. :rolleyes:

Dan verguenza estos cabrones.

2. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Loco gets abruptly subbed out for starting shit.

The crowd is chanting "Ole" when the U-20 knocks the ball around. The game is getting chippy.

I don't know what this game does for the morale of the full national team.

If we get slaughtered by Jamaica, Bryan Jimenez needs to gtfo immediately.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yall should scrap the Senior Team and just promote the entire U-20 team and just add the select few Mayores.

4. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I would take half of the u20 and a select few from la mayor 1-1 btw

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chamusca mas pura mieerda. Payasadas típicas de Chapinlandia :(

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Ni a Guate le puede ganar Guate. :D :rolleyes:

7. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Our sele Mayor is absolutely atrocious! They might as well scrap it and go with la veinte... They have a better idea of how to form a decent attack than these old guys.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, pardon me for interrupting you guys again. But I noticed this.....

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WCQ/Schedule/0,,12813,00.html

Is there any news in Guatemala that the game is confirmed for the City and Mateo Flores? It does seem that only confirmed locations are listed on that CONCACAF site, but one never knows.

Muchos gracias.

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I watched the 2nd half of this game yesterday and the U-20 was RUNNING the field on the Mayor. These kids who haven't played together in a game since last year still were putting together quick solid passes, smart attacks and just all out better soccer than the mayor. The only solid game play I saw was from Lester Ruiz and Avila.

Passed that it was just another slow tempo, wait for the other team, lose the ball and hope our defense can do something type of game from the mayor.

I know I joked about putting the U-20 kids to play during the WCQ's, but man after watchng the game last night I really think the majority of these kids should be the heart of our WCQ squad. Have Almeida do a call up of these kids now and just work for a solid month of work, including double-days.

I'm sure Cha and a few others will disagree with me on this thought, but you cant tell me after watching the game last night that our Mayor's soccer is better than the U-20 team.

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Agree and disagree.

Agree that U-20 played better. I watched the first 70 minutes so before falling asleep. Most of the mayor guys really looked either tired or like they didn't give a sh!t, whereas the youngsters were very dynamic and trying to show their capabilities against their seniors, as one would expect. Agree that some of them just need to be given the chance and be thrown in the fire.

Disagree in last night's chamusca to be used to make any true tactical or individual assessment. It was just a [very high profile] practice session with nothing but [some] individual pride on the line.

Either way we are fckued for the eliminatorias. Whether none, some, or most young players are used, the results will not change. Another 4 years wasted.

11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes Mateo Flores in Guatemala City is the venue for the game vs. the United States.
    http://m.prensalibre.com/noticias/407215_seleccion-mayor-disputara-duelo-en-familia/4/

12. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Vos Cha, do you have more info on this? I'm very interested in this subject. To what extent do taxes subsidize La Liga Mayor?

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Not meant to be taken literally. It as just a way of half-jokingly saying that if any government money went to the arks of the sport's federation, that would be the people's money.

14. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Oh, lol, okay. I was just thinking maybe that was the reason why team owners don't give a damn that attendance sucks balls league wide. Or maybe they do give a damn but are completely clueless on how to fix the situation.

15. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You know guys sure our U20 play with more heart and with more ideas, and hell i say yea make them be the base of our mayor. But this should of been done way before, Almeida should of done this like right after our lads went to Colombia. Right now is too late, he will have to start from 0 and thats not a good idea, well at this point is obvious that drastic measures need to be taken. Hope Almeida sees that he needs to add some youth to our Sele, cause the old farts we have aint cutting it. I would add like two defenders from our U20, two or 3 mids and two forwards. The rest can be the best of our Sele mayor. I know is easier said than done but something has to be done, i know Almeida is smart, hopefully after lastnight's game he opened his eyes. :eek:

16. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    They don't know how to invest appropriately to make their product a better one.

Not rocket science to me. People want to see young players? Make it a club policy to line up young players. People feel unsafe in the stadium? Invest in making it a safe place. People are tired of seeing incompetent foreigners come steal money? Start hiring national coaches. It doesn't make a difference where the coach is from, and local ones will inevitably use more local players. People want cheaper seats? give it to them. Hell, give free entry to whoever buys a club shirt and is wearing it. Imagine how many shirts they would sell and how many uniformed supporters would attend. Unfortunately, club admins are incompetent, narrow minded and lazy and don't give a fcku about people.

Business 101: The customer is always right.

Maybe BallinBear F.C. will play in the LNF one day and will set a new standard of how to do things. :D

17. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    HAHAHA, we should all pull our money together and buy a 3rd division squad, get it promoted to 1st division and set the standard. Hey, we can dream right?

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    it can be done, hey thats how they do it on the English football leagues.

19. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    You're right Guti. It's crazy how some of those clubs work like co-ops. Very democratic, like 250 co-owners get a vote, majority wins etc.

Maybe we could limit it to a board of 12 Bigsoccer posters ;) Jfcule, start scouting man.

20. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Jose Carlos Castillo needs to be starting with the National team. A midfield with him Contreras and Pappa would be deadly.

21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well said Cha. It's simple business and we see it all the time here in the states. Giveaways, autograph signings, stickers.

All that stuff is how you get fans and people to stick around. But none of that happens in Guate and the teams dont give a shi*t. They just know they're making money from ticket sales and thats good enough for them.

22. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Falling on deaf ears Bear. IF......IF...Almeida calls up any guys from the U-20 to play with the NT it'll be a miracle.

The U-20 have good players, but I think Almeida is going to stick with the squad he has now.

23. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well he was called up for the game against Grenada that was played in a swamp and he played very well.

Almeida needs to call up at least:

Jose Carlos Castillo
    Enoc (No Brainer)
    Jose Del Aguila (If he's 100%)
    Henry Lopez (We need speed up top)

There's other dudes like Abner Bonilla who don't even get PT on their club but are obviously ballers. That kid single handedly shredded the left flank against Croatia in the U-20 WC.

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    http://www.lared.com.gt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5162&catid=44&Itemid=83

Pescado and Jose Carlos Castillo are being called up. Pappa, Pezza, Campollo and Moyo to be called as well.

What bullsh*t though. If these guys all get called up they arrive on Sunday. Game is on Wednesday which means they only have 2 days to practice with the team and that's pretty much the heart of our squad.

How the hell are we supposed to come up with a game plan if these guy are only there for, LITERALLY 1 full practice, a walkthrough and warm ups?

25. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks for the info. Dre, i totally agree with you, not enough time for those guys to adapt to the Sele, but this happens all the time, not just with Guate, it happens with other Seles too. The advantage is that these guys have played together before so they know how eachother play. Now i would be worried if Almeida let's say has a brand new squad with no Cabreras, no Yony flores, Gallardo, Leon, and on. But Almeida has the same base of players so nothing new. I am glad Castillo got the call up to be in the Sele again. Regarding el Pescado, he should come earlier to Guate if he's not with Tiburones no more.