This is Hazardous - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Eddie26, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    one of the few players I have seen who may come close to doing just that

Blueallthru repped this.
  2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well then. It's pretty obvious we better sign him. Why spend a fortune on a Belgian with an mop on his head when we can get a homegrown player for half the price or less. If he is 3/4 of Lampard he'll be one hell of a player.

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Whats the situation on Josh? I thought he was going to be our Lamps replacement.

4. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    oooh juicy debate.

think Mccarthy is much closer to lamps at the moment. Josh....i'm not sure what exactly he'll become. seems like a deep lying playmaker more than a box to box. who knows how he'll develop, but i think he could eventually turn into a very good half of a double pivot.

but i'll bring up someone else, Chalobah is developing into quite a box-to-box player himself. he's broken out of just a DM (according to things i've been reading, i can't say first hand observation). but he's a little ways off being ready.

Mccarthy could come in and contribute right now i think. though, he wouldn't ideally be the DM that we need. he might be able to contribute with that, but he could be more of a lamps style replacement.

we just have to keep in mind that KDB will be here next season, and will likely be ready to contribute serious minutes. we just need to figure out where that will be.

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well that's been the case for three years. Josh can be McCarthy's replacement! Josh has done pretty well on his loan spell right? Another two of those and if he is going to make it he would most likely ready in 2015 or 2016.

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    just dont ever seem him being able to score anywhere near the rate Frank does/did and he has nowhere near the defensive game as Frank

agreed with this line of thinking as I see McCarthy and Josh and very different players. McCarthy is more of box to box mid who can create through the middle rather than from deeper positions while also doing a ton of dirty work off the ball. Much like Frank he also seems pretty good at winning and maitntaining possession- something many of our other mids could learn from- you know its great winning the bloody thing but not so much when you give it straight back to the opposition.

I dont think McCarthy would match Lamps in the goal department (then again there are plenty of forwards who cant either) but I think he would pinch quite a few goals for us.

I funny sort of way if you were to blend Josh, McCarthy and KDB together you would have a young Lamps again.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we can forget that happening with anyone else - forever...

I still have no clue how Lamps did/does it.

Chelsky_15 and lobomojo repped this.
  8. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Toni Kroos is the closest player to Lamps I've seen. They even run with the same gate and shot with the same style.

Out of current Chelsea players if you mix Oscar and KDB together then you can offer something similar to Lamps.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow.

I never saw this. Thanks...I will pay close attention to this next time I watch a Bayern match. Good shout, Okocha!

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Taison has signed with Shakthar

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not surprised and happy he's not with us.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sahin back to Dortmund?

13. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish we would have brought him to Chelsea...but with BvB is still in 3 competitions. Nuri knows the system and could use the depth. Bender is either getting his jaw broken, getting a rib broken, or getting his nose smashed in - hard to stay healthy and with Perisic being sold to Wolfsburg, Klopp can move Leitner higher up as an AM or on the wing as a sub alternative which is were he should be playing.

The fact that he wasn't getting any playing time in Liverpool would be enough to want to get out of that shit hole of a club that is still restructuring to begin with. Also, he isn't cup tied so he gets to play in the CL...something he cannot with Liverpool.

15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/bvb-2012-2013-general-discussion-thread-r.1946384/

:p

16. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i was high on Mccarthy last season, and took notice the season before that, and now sitting here thinking about it, i'm surprised he's still with wigan. i do think he'd really be worth the modest price he'd probably take.

i know kroos has played both in the pivot and as the AM at Munich, which is be more adept at?

also, glad to hear that Taison joined someone else, we didn't need him, and he's not with a direct rival.

with german teams in general being so well drilled in the 4-2-3-1, i'm still surprised there aren't more links with players from over there.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Modric talk picking up lots of steam in the media

not sure there is much in it but he would be a nice addition for the right price

19. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Talk about strange. 6 months after his big money move to Madrid. Has he not done well?

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This does not make sense. Mourinho has used Modric as the replacement of Sahin and as an alternative to Kaka, who he just doesn't like for whatever reason.

I can't see Modric going anywhere. Media Bullshit, if you ask me.

Blueallthru repped this.
  21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe his Spanish sucks? Maybe he's not racist enough? j/k

22. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do any of you guys think Chelsea will sign anyone else in Jan?

23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think we get one more, not sure who, but think we might sign one more mid.

24. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Anyone knows if Russ Wiseman is a reliable reporter?

25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    if true that would be one hell of a window