"There's a lot of sex going on" - Hope Solo (referring to the Olympic Village)

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by WPS_Movement, Jul 12, 2012.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Read the 2nd bolded section down in this ESPN article.

We all know that a lot of Olympic athletes have sex in the Olympic village. Ryan Lochte thinks it's 70-75% of Olympic athletes. The Olympic committee has even said in the past that it's budgeted ahead of time to provide ten times the amount of condoms per each Olympian (readily accessible in the village at their finger tips), because many of the Olympic athletes will have sex multiple times over the two week stint.

I mean, think about it .... you train 10 hours a day since you were a fetus, and then you get over to the Olympic village and now sex is on your mind? Shouldn't that two week stint in your life that you have trained for since your virtual birth (thee Olympics) be at least the one and only stint in which you finally practice some abstinence? I guess I just never got the whole let's train for 20 years bit, and then oh by the way.. when we get to the Olympics we'll concentrate on "who's world to rock" more so than focusing on winning a shiny rock to wear over our neck.

In this ESPN article below, Hope Solo says, "There's a lot of sex going on", when referring to the Olympic village. Yeah, no sheep sherlock ... Hope.
    So yet another credible source has spoken.

And if it's as much as 70%-75% of all Olympic athletes who participate in adult fun, as Ryan Lochte states, then it's obvious at least a few from the soccer team engage in their sexuality in the village as well. If you are Pia, are you cool with this? What she doesn't know, doesn't hurt her, but still.

It's obvious that Hope Solo was also referring to some of her teammates when she said that.
    You can just tell. All that training, all the residential camp time, all the dreaming of winning a gold medal. And then you finally get there and say, "oh, first thing I gotta do is I gotta get some?"

The Olympic Village must have additional built in pheromones all over the place.
    It makes you think that the people that run it are pervs, and they want to set up cameras and condoms all over the place. I mean really. What is going on that forces 75% of these athletes to get it on, when this is the most crucial athletic part of their career (for most of them).

I mean, really. The private parts must start to tell your brain to get active immediately the moment you walk in the village, because I don't buy 70-75%, but hundreds of Olympic athletes in the past have indeed confirmed that it's a sex fest over there. The Mardi Gras is in the Olympic village and no where else. Close your eyes and ears when walking through the village, and hold your nose.

This article states at the top, "The real games in the Olympic Village will not be Televised".
    Yeah, thankfully not to us, but I'm sure some pervs that run this have some internal televised plans for their own needs every four years.

Article here:
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/...s-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    The Olympic team is in the Olympic village?

I thought they were at a reort somewhere, at least that's what the USSoccer videos show.

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Whether they're there now or not, they will be there.
    Some of them will enjoy it more than others, obviously.

4. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That article is hilarious. Thanks for linking it.

5. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I had a hunch that you [WPS_Movement] would post this..

Bonnie Lass repped this.
  6. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Personally, I find that my life and the lives of those around me are improved a bit if I hold to the attitude that the consensual sexual behavior of anyone but me is not my business and does no one any harm.

I do kinda like believing that people are enjoying the Olympic experience as much as humanly possible.

And I certainly do not believe that abstinence raises anyone's game. Just my opinion, but there's a few decades experience behind it.

Morris20 repped this.
  7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is just plain NASTY.

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm pretty sure the general consensus and studies have backed that it's good for women and not so much for men.

Regarding the main person behind this thread... :x3:

9. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Great article. I love being privy to insider information.

I wish I were always in the Olympic village.

10. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I took a medication prescribed by my personal doctor for pre-menstrual purposes that I did not know contained a diuretic," Solo said in a statement. "Once informed of this fact, I immediately cooperated with USADA and shared with them everything they needed to properly conclude that I made an honest mistake, and that the medication did not enhance my performance in any way."

11. Reallyoldnorth

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We all know where Hope wants the spotlight to be in a couple of weeks. She's just laying the groundwork.

SCCL and sitruc repped this.
  12. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Olympics haven't even started yet and already big mouthed Hope is an outspoken media whore. Why are there three separate stories on her failing a drug test, saying that she has sex in the olympic village and saying she was drunk during a TODAY interview? Are these stories particularly helpful for her image? Isn't she supposed to be a role model for little girls or something?

13. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Yep, and when combining all of this recently with what she said earlier this year about masturbation, and it has been one dramatic year for Hope when communicating to the outside world.

14. airbornerocks

airbornerocks Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Explain how that is hurting her image? If anyone just reads the main headlines and doesn't read the entire story, then maybe, yeah. But if someone takes the time to read a 'hope solo fails drug test" articile, then I don't see the problem in her image being hurt by failing something prescribed to her by her doctor for a period...

Also what did Hope say about masturbation? that one slipped under my radar

"The challenge athletes face is what to do with their urges and when. "If you don't have discipline, the village can be a huge distraction," Solo admits."

And, she adds, "I may have snuck a celebrity back to my room without anybody knowing, and snuck him back out. But that's my Olympic secret." The best part, according to Solo? "When we were done partying, we got out of our nice dresses, got back into our stadium coats and, at " <<< that I agree is hurting her image a little bit....

15. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bwahahahhaaha. Little girls wouldn't read these articles. The only thing it's probably hurting is her image among people who care way too much about what our athletes say. Anyway, I don't care and clearly, Hope doesn't care either. If she wants to talk, I'm fine with it so long as once it's game time, she's focused and ready.

16. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    yea, agreed. I'd expect anyone over the age of 16 to get completely waisted the night after winning the olympics and I expect 30 year olds to be having sex, now for sneaking in celebs into the village, well, that just sounds like fun. even if it's douchy dudes like Vince V.

What did she say about masturbation earlier in the year though?

17. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling Hope Solo comes on the BS forums look at what she put on twitter:

Hope Solo

I have nothing to hide.The truth will be told by me,& only by me on 8/14.Until then just keep blabbing away,& ill just continue to work!

[​IMG]
    Unlike
    · · 968 · follow @hopesolo · 5 minutes ago viaSelective Tweets ·

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It is no really a breaking news. it is well known that once their competition is finished athletes like to copulate inside the Olympic village, acknowledged many times in interviews.

19. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Hope is not the only one talking, and I personally do not take issue with anything anyone said

Do you have problems with the statements by any of the men?

Read the whole article. It gives more context

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/...s-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine

20. Reallyoldnorth

Mar 7, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As others have said, it's a fuss about nothing. But the key word there is "fuss" and that's about Hope. Alex has gotten the largest share of pre-Olympics media attention, Abby has had some media focus. But not so much for Hope, until now. Going to generalize here, but it's generally not a good idea to not give a woman the attention she thinks she deserves.

Usually I'm not wrong about anything, but I could be wrong about that.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  21. airbornerocks

airbornerocks Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well with the post by htide, do you mind responding?

22. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the content of the articles: Every Olympics there are stories about how many condoms the athletes go through in the Olympic village. There are stories like these (though more people willing to be named as sources this time around) every Oly cycle, too. And there drinking isn't a new revelation, either. Are folks really that shocked?

As for Solo being one of the several athletes quoted? She wasn't the only one quoted--though the choice of Vince Vaughn gives pause in taste ;) She's gearing up for the book/media circuit post Olympics. Her tweet about 8/14? that's the date her book comes out, her memoir "Written with" Ann Killion.

23. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vince Vaugh, really?

Wasn't Adam Sandler available?

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Face it, the majority of athletes know they aren't in real contention to win (plus some are alternates, officials, etc.) They run their 12 seconds in the 100 meters and then they are done. There are also stories about having to kick athletes from poor countries out once the games are over -- they were more than happy to enjoy the amenities as long as they could.