The Youth Thread | Even our kids win trebles | Barça B in La Segunda & other Blaugrana Kids

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know their clubs' well enough, much less their depth charts, to know how likely PT is. The club and player/player's agent all must have gotten some assurances about that or they'd have been loaned elsewhere (and also won't see future loans from Barca). However, the reality of loans for a squad which has no contractual right to purchase or at least extend the loan, is that they are better off playing their own players then someone who is there just for a year. So both players have to really shine and make it clear that the club has a better shot at winning when they are on the pitch. It is a tall order, if they can do it they'll get great experience. If they cannot they still may get more first team PT then Barca could provide AND may even get some humility (i.e., if I could not carve out a regular spot on a mid-table squad maybe I really need to be patient about getting such a spot at Barca).

2. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I think Rafinha will, the Celta squad isn't all that strong in midfield and I suspect that he could start in an attacking midfield position with Aspas, de Lucas, and Insa all gone. Maybe he won't be a starter since he is only on loan and there to gain experience but I do think he will get a strong amount of playing time.

Deulofeu on the other hand is an unknown at this point. I imagine that Martinez will probably be using his 3-4-3 formation at Everton like he did at Wigan but there is still plenty of attacking players that he has to compete with for playing time like Mirallas, Naismith, Gueye, Jelavic, Anichebe, and Kone. But the competition will be good for him and if he can fight some of those guys off for playing time then he'll get some much needed experience that could help in the long term if he wants to return to Barca and play for the first team. However, he'll need to or else I'd expect for him to be loaned out again after the World Cup if the Everton loan is a failure, probably to another La Liga club or even in the Bundesliga.

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    it shouldn't hurt rafinha's chances too much if enrique did leave them. the coach was only one reason for him to chose celta. the main reason was probably the fact that celta is the club where his father played, so he probably has friends and family there. it's a city where, i assume, he spent much of his childhood in. he's also been brought in as a replacement for aspas. so even without enrique, celta is still an ideal place for him to continue his education. if anything, having enrique at the helm at barca would significantly increase the likelihood of rafinha being brought back to barca after his loan, as opposed to another coach who doesn't know rafinha at all.

inswinger, .Azulgrana. and Gilmango repped this.
  5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good points, it is just that last sentence that had me concerned. I really want Rafinha to succeed at barca, frankly more so after his brother left. I do think that he can do even more than his brother but the loan out for first team play in primera is key (and not something barca has a good track record with) so Luis being there seemed to help. I've seen rumors that a Luis signing, if it happens, might involve us letting them sign Rubi. While I'd like to keep Rubi (if the new coach wants him), that could also help Rafinha.

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to check out the Barcelona Escola Camp in Los Angeles next week. I'm interested to see what is taught to which age groups. My son is 5 so he would probably be one of the youngest there.

James

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from BarcaStuff: Full-time: Portugal-Lithuania 4-2 (Euro U19). Barcelona B centre back Edgar Ie played the whole game ‪#‎fcblive‬

Full-time: Netherlands-Spain 2-3 (Euro U19). Sandro played the whole game (goal assist), Adama came on in 67th minute (1-0) #fcblive

Spain and Portugal finish 1st and 2nd in group and qualify for Euro U19 semis on Monday: Spain-France and Serbia-Portugal ‪#‎sandro‬ ‪#‎adama‬‪#‎ie‬

I also saw that Barca B signed a 24 y.o. from Hercules, seems a bit old for Barca B but then he is perhaps not really being considered for ever making the leap to the full squad.

9. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Edu Bedia is a pretty good pickup for Barca B. He has four years of experience in the top flight from his days at Racing Santander and was one of the better performing players for Hercules last season. I can see him becoming a starter for the B team at best but at the very least he should provide some healthy competition for some of our more talented and upcoming midfielders that have arrived in the squad.

And as Gilmango already mentioned, we've signed 19 year old goalkeeper Adrian Ortola from Villarreal B on a free transfer and 22 year old winger Dani Nieto from AD Alcorcon for 500,000 euros. We've also promoted the following 7 players from the Juvenil A team that romped its way to domestic success last season: David Babunski (19 y/o, AM), Robert Costa (19 y/o, CB), Lucas Gafarot (18 y/o, LB), Sandro Ramirez (17 y/o, FW), Sergi Samper (18 y/o, DM), Pol Calvet (19 y/o, CM), and Frank Bagnack (18 y/o, CB).

The outgoings so far, with a bit of an extensive analysis, have been 21 year old fullback Ivan Balliu to Portuguese club FC Arouca on a free (good, reliable player who could play anywhere across the back four: however the club decided not to renew his contract and didn't think he was capable of becoming a first team player so both parties moved on), 20 year old defensive midfielder Luis Gustavo to another Portuguese club in FC Rio Ave on a free (pretty decent player who had some good periods, but overall didn't fit in with the philosophy of the team and was moved on, especially with Samper getting promoted), 26 year old David Lomban to new La Liga club Elche for 50,000 euros (better than Armando, but with some newly promoted players, was let go because of the amount of defenders in the side already being available for the new season), 21 year old centerback Marc Muniesa to Stoke City on a free (pretty big shame in my opinion that he was let go because he didn't have enough time to recover from his horrible injury here. Would have extended and loaned out but it is what it is. Hopefully he proves his worth in England and gets back on the right track so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a full time Barca player one day, something he has come close to twice before something got in his way), and 24 year old winger Cristian Lobato was released on a free (would say it's kind of a surprise considering how his numbers have always been pretty efficient, but his age and the bringing up of the likes of Adama and Sandro make this a pretty defendable decision to let him go and move on elsewhere; could easily sign for another Segunda club, not a bad player). Oier Olazabal and Sergi Roberto were promoted to the first team, Gerard Deulofeu was loaned out to Everton and Rafinha was loaned out to Celta Vigo.

The Liga Adelante campaign begins away to Mirandes on August 19. Pre-season is already well underway (will do another update on that when preparations are complete).

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    do you guys think we'll be seeing much of dongou in the first team this year?

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Not this season. What he needs to do is impress with the 2nd team in the 2nd division like Deulofeu did at the age of 18 this past season.

Viscaelbarca and .Azulgrana. repped this.
  12. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adama Traore super sub with Spain's U-19 even though he is I believe the youngest on the whole squad (turned 17 in January):

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/youth/adama-traore-flying-through-the-ranks/
    Despite what the video intro says (the words below the video) Adama has not yet been promoted to Barca B officially but nonetheless he may well feature there before the year is out. He is of Malian descent but was born in Catalunya and with Barca's La Masia since he was 9.

Jean Marie Dongou in our last friendly with a brace: I think we could see him get his debut with the first team this year but likely just a cameo here and there barring injuries.

13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Barca have signed Denis Suárez from Manchester City, a 19 year old Gallego who had join City in 2011 from Celta B.
    Barca will pay a 1.5m euro fee pending Wednesday's medical.
    An attacking midfielder who was part of Spain's Sub-19 European championship winning side, Suárez will be spending this season with the Barca B squad and is on a four year contract with the club.

Never heard of him until now.

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long highlights but worth it - La Flexta - Adama Traore looks like an even faster Alexis Sanchez at Udinese mixed with just a hint of Iniesta. Maybe think Tello's speed but more dribble moves and more of an eye to pass.

article: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/youth/adama-traore-flying-through-the-ranks/

Still with Juvenil A for now along with other future first team prospects Ondoa (17 y.o. GK) and Kaptoum (17 y.o. central midfielder) for now, but likely to get some minutes with Barca B; was a super sub with Spain U-19 this summer as the youngest on the squad. I really don't think Kiko can hold him back (RW for Barca B) especially as he combines so well with Dongou or really anyone in the middle waiting on his cut back crosses.

17. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, gonna have to quote my final sentence immediately above, " I really don't think Kiko can hold him back (RW for Barca B) especially as he combines so well with Dongou or really anyone in the middle waiting on his cut back crosses. "

Kiko Femenia was released by Barca, and then signed to Real Madrid's Segunda squad. Kiko was a very promising player with Hercules when they were promoted and he got good minutes as a teenager. This led to Barca signing him to Barca B but with an eye towards him making the leap. It became more and more apparent that while he is good it was not going to happen for him with the big squad, so release makes sense and clears room for Adama and any other talented right winger they may have or sign in the next 5 days.

I don't mind Kiko signing with the enemy as we released him but I think he'd be better off joining a Segunda team that could actually make the leap, or even a Primera team that would give him playing time - I don't see him ever playing for Real.

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did not realize he badmouthed us on the way out the door, sure, it hurts not being promoted to the first team but you never really impressed enough to get there, you were a shining star with Hercules maybe it is time to go back to such a club?

Mere hours after his contract with Barca B was rescinded on Wednesday, 22-year-old right winger Kiko Femenía joined Real Madrid Castilla, becoming the first player since Javier Saviola to make the switch directly between the rival clubs.

Kiko’s contract stipulated that he receive a mandatory promotion to the first team, but the player simply did not impress enough to warrant his inclusion. Moreover, at 22 years old, it is unlikely Kiko was going to improve significantly, and thus was released from his contract. The youngster spared no love for Barça after his departure, claiming that “they have ruined me emotionally” regarding his lack of playing time. While it is unclear why Real Madrid Castilla would want to pick up Femenía, it is safe to say that his departure should not cause much uproar in Catalonia. Certainly no pigs’ heads will be thrown at the next mini-Clasico – but maybe a hot dog?

.Azulgrana. and os_mutante repped this.
  19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, moving to LPB cantera at 22 must be the worst personal career choice imaginable.

jfcule, .Azulgrana., NYfan and 1 other person repped this.
  20. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Toss a pork rind. If it lands on the pitch, great. If not, meh.

inswinger and Gilmango repped this.
  21. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Juvenil B striker Sergio Buenacasa (17 yo) signed by Juventus today.

22. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    In case some of you don't know what Gilmango might be talking about, here is the link to the quotes that Kiko Femenia provided to Mundo Deportivo (MD) after his move to Castilla this week:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130828/fc-barcelona/kiko-femenia-barca-madrid_54379840149.html

As for the B team and our younger ranks of the club, I will be making a write up sometime this week (perhaps even tonight or tomorrow) about current ongoings. I haven't forgotten about it, don't worry, just haven't had time to get to it yet.

23. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He'll be another Trashorras.

.Azulgrana. repped this.
  24. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005