The Yokohama F-Marinos Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Lucarneopposee

Lucarneopposee New Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Rennes
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    well, it is not a surprise (Marinos kit is the same has netherland (except that colors are inverted and as far as I remember looking at japanese football, I'd never see Marinos with a V.

You said that earlier Marinos shirt were kind of fake V : hypothesis or fact ? Would be nice if somebody has such pictures to see.

The funny thing with this report is that I've had jersey that were a mix of inspiration and history (Melbourne), or pure randomness (Velez)

2. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Ardija had a chevron on their away shirt last year; see example photo here.

3. Lucarneopposee

Mar 19, 2010
    Rennes
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    indeed. Did not see it. Do you know if it was also the first time for them ?

4. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    All of the kits from Yokohama F. Marinos (and Yokohama Marinos before that) can be found here.

On the same site, you can find all the kits of the other J. League clubs, so take some time to look at that.

Also, while it's not J. League-related, Melbourne Victory doesn't have to do with any form of "history", especially as the club has only been around for five years. It's merely because their name is Victory and they're from the state of Victoria.

5. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Yes, it was. It was also the first time that any J-League team had had their kit made by Under Armor.

6. Lucarneopposee

Mar 19, 2010
    Rennes
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    For Victory, after discussions with their fans, the marine and white are the colors of Melbourne, and de V has been used for quite a while in Australian Rules football. It stands for Victoria state. This gives an historical perspective to this choice. Moreover, it should be added that Tony Ising was a fan of Bordeaux.

At least, that's what fans told me. ;)

Thanks for the link ;)

7. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Don't listen to Bass0r, he's an Adelaide (and Urawa!) fan. ;) What you've been told is correct - the white V on navy was long used as the jersey design for the state representative Australian Rules Football team (hence the history - ie, state sporting history), and Tony Ising being a Bordeaux fan thought it would tie in well with a team called "Melbourne Victory" when he conceived the idea of it.

I quite like this season's Marinos kits, I almost bought one when I saw them play against Niigata a few weeks ago. If only they were still playing as well now...

8. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I actually got it and really love it!

here it is..
    [​IMG]

I got a scarf too which I'll post later, went to the 1-2 loss to Shimizu way back in April.

9. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can anyone tell me What happened to Kazuma Watanabe?

10. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    good question he hasn't been on the bench since he was subbed on versus Nagoya. 7 goals in 21 games ins't too bad of a goal ratio.. seems suspicious.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He came on in the second half of the Emperor's Cup game vs Sagan Tosu, and he looked lethargic. Nothing like last year's player.

Either he has some physical problems, or he's not practicing seriously. My guess is that he'll be released, maybe on loan.

12. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks I unfortunately don't have any access to viewing any Emperor's cup games, can't wait to move over there..

A loan would be a better situation for the club and perhaps Watanabe. All strikers go through spells of bad form.

13. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    You can see here that he went into a dry spell after round 12:

http://soccer.yahoo.co.jp/jleague/player/402027/index.html

It was great that "jyuunanasai no" Ono Yuji got man of the match on the weekend, and seems progressing well for a very young player. That give and go then finish in the box against Kobe was very nice. But he needs someone scoring alongside him, and unfortunately Yamase looks like he's going through a quiet patch now as well, not scoring since the Niigata and Kawasaki games, 6 rounds ago.

Btw, it shouldn't be long til Nakazawa's back, it was initially reported as a 6 week injury, I think.

14. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I really have been impressed with Ono he was a really thorn in Kobe's side a couple weeks back, though there have been a couple instances where a more experienced head would've benefited him. Yamase has been awful that golden opportunity in the second half versus Hiroshima pretty much summed up his play as of late. I really hope Watanabe gets his act together, lots of opportunities to be had.

Hoping to see Nakazawa back, the defence has missed him!

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. Lucarneopposee

Mar 19, 2010
    Rennes
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
  17. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    0-3 early in the second half, shunsuke scored on 6mins then shimizu (again, following on from last week) and yamase (finally). close it out boys!

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Job done 4-1 we really took the foot off the pedal in the second half and it showed. I think Marinos should've pressed for more goals. Kawasaki came back from the dead there, though we're still in the thick of it 3rd isn't out of the question and who knows how the Emperor's Cup will finish. ACL in 2011 anyone??

http://youtu.be/W5C3ct-PcrI

20. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How I saw the game:

Yokohama F Marinos 4 - 1 Shonan Bellemare

Yokohama continued their chase for an ACL spot this weekend with a well deserved victory over fellow Kanagawa neighbours Shonan Bellemare. Shonan sat tied with Kyoto at 16pts in the cellar of J1. Yuji Nakazawa "bomber" made his return after sitting out the past couple matches with a thigh injury. Ryuji Kawai was also back from injury, but was sat on the substitutes bench. With over 12,000 in attendance on a Sunny early afternoon kick off, one may say it was a perfect setting for this clash of teams at opposite ends of the spectrum.

It didn't take long for Marinos to take control of this game within the first 8 mins Norihisma Shimizu nearly made it 2 games on the trot with goal when his close range header went flashing past the post. Shunsuke Nakamura lined up a free kick in the 8th minute, but it too went wayward over Ryota Tsuzuki's goal. The opening goal was imminent though and Marinos got it in the 19th minute. Yuji Nakazawa fresh back from injury was bundled over in the penalty area during a Marinos freekick, what a cheap penalty to give away. Shunsuke Nakamura stepped up from the spot for Yokohama and made no mistake blasting the ball into the top left hand side of the net. The flood gates then were open to a typical Shonan shellacking. Yokohama struck again just under the half hour mark, when inform striker Uji Ono made a clever little run in from the right side of the penalty area, he then found Koji Yamase who used his speed to push past 2 Shonan defenders and bury the ball in to make it 2-0. It was well taken and great to see as Yamase has been rather unimpressive as of late. It didn't take long for Ono to be the catalyst for another Marinos goal when his individual run into the box could only be temporarily halted by a sloppy save from Tsuzuki and was punished by the trailing Shimizu, who slotted it in to make it 3-0 and home free for the visitors.

3-0 Half time

Yokohama was right back to work in the second half and nearly added a fourth when Nakamura's inswinging freekick was met by "the bomber" Nakazwa, but his header went frustratingly into the side netting of the Bellamre goal. After this Yokohama seemed to take their foot off the pedal and let Shonan back into the game. Perhaps a bit of rust was shown from Nakazawa because when he tried to find his fellow defender his wayward backpass went straight onto the foot of the Shonan attack! Iikura did well to stop the initial attempt on goal, but after pushing away the ball Yuzo Kurihara was forced to bring down Yutaka Tahara resulting in a Shonan Penalty. Up stepped Emerson (how many of these Brazilian castoffs can this league harbour?) who slotted the penalty home to make it 3-1, and bring Yokohama back to reality. This seemed to be what Marinos needed and from then on the ball was spent mainly in the Shonan half of the field. Little Yuji Ono was at it again with a great effort in the 75 minute, the youngster has really impressed lately and seems to be gaining more confidence. It's really refreshing to see domestic talent developing! Yokohama was pressing and the fourth goal came 10 minutes from time when Naoki Matsuda made a nice defence splitting pass to the substitute Jin Hinato. Hinato then executed a cheeky little chip over Tsuzuki's shoulder to put the icing on the cake. 4-1.

After yet another exciting round of JLeague it's still anybody's call as to who will take the ACL spots for next season. Can Nagoya be caught? Kashima made things very interesting after a well deserved 1-0 victory. It was nice to see some sensible refereeing this weekend after the Kennedy theatrics of last week.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good stuff! :)

22. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
  23. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nakazawa is out 6 more weeks.

25. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    wtf? re-occurence of the same injury?? we are copping the injuries at the moment... :(