The Welcome Gareth Bale Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What do you think about Gareth Bale coming to Real Madrid?

1. I have a large erection

37.3%
  2. I'm happy but not sure how he'll fit in

17.1%
  3. Meh Meh Meh

12.0%
  4. I dunno, not sure he's worth it

17.7%
  5. WTF are we doing? Grrrrr.

15.8%
  1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    [​IMG]

Chinky24, natenate101, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  2. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Very true, Carlo has never tried him there. He should at least have been given a chance, there I agree.

Ahmadi8 and Saint Iker repped this.
  3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    No one is rewriting history, if Isco can handle the defensive responsibilities then so can Mesut...I'd even say Mesut might be even better, his workrate is underrated.

4. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rhexis07 repped this.
  5. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I guarantee that Bale will make more of an impact in La Liga than Neymar. Just watch.

6. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Well considering that Bale currently better than Neymar, that shouldn't be too hard :D

halamadrid00 repped this.
  7. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    I don't think Ozil can play anywhere in a 4-3-3 where other players we have cannot do that better. He cannot play wide, because he doesn't dribble and is somewhat slow with the ball, and he cannot play in the middle so far away from goal where close control and the ability to make play tick are most important. I also don't think he is capable od providing that many tackles and interceptions such as Modric. His preferred role is a very high n.10, where he can dance left and right. The peculiarness of his position is what actually made us such a wonderful counterattacking team, but also led to our midfield being disconnected from the atttack. He doesn't like playing deeper. That said, I don't want him to go, but I see the temptation to cash in on a player who most probably will not replicate his success under a new system.

8. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Which then leads us back to my first point: based on what exactly? Surely not what he demonstrated under Mourinho because that was only adequate and secondly it is not the same type of responsibility. Not nearly. Isco has been playing in a 3 man midfield since last season at Malaga under Pellegrini and has shown that he is capable from what he has demonstrated with us so far. What are you basing your assessment of Mesut's capability for the CM position that he has never played?

9. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007

Did you watch Isco at Malaga last season? Or any season? His defensive workrate was 0...and he was inconsistent. His 'capabilities' as far as defensive work rate is the result of desire and nothing to do with ability. Mesut is more than adequate and can do at least what Isco is doing. I get everyone is drinking the Isco Kool-Aid now, I am too a bit, but to expect him to sustain this high level he is playing at is unrealistic, same with Angel. At the very least Oezil should get a chance to prove himself there (and I think he will) but what Isco is doing defensively isn't some unlearnable skill, Isco picked it up in three games ffs. Up to this point Oezil has adapted to most every situation we've put him in and given time there is no reason to believe he can't adapt to Ancelotti's system, on both sides of the ball.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  10. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The next most anticipated transfer should be Kaka-Pupu's exit. Glad this is over with!

11. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    perez could care less about what you and I care about, he probably cares that Bale is more marketable than Ozil pure and simple...

13. Chapimp

Chapimp Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Remember Mou and his coaches assessment of Ozil and Benzema, they can't take competition!

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome Bale!

I wasnt too keen on this transfer but now that he is here best of luck and hopefully he proves to be as much of a masterstroke as the last winger we bought from the Premier League.

Must be awkward for Ronaldo to have two wannabes in the team now. Bale seems like a good person so I have no doubts he will fit in well but Jese is nearing creepy level no? He even walks like him lol.

natenate101 repped this.
  15. RealFranco22

RealFranco22 Red Card

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ozil will not go anywhere... At least, that's what I REALLY hope for.

He is our true #10, no one comes close to his ability (Isco is good but not at the same level, not yet!)

If I were in our coach's shoes, I would definitely agree and be excited for this kind of line-up:

---------------------Lopez----------------------

Carvajal----- Pepe------ Ramos------Marcelo

-----------Modric-------------Isco--------------

Bale------------------Ozil--------------Ronaldo

---------------------Benzema--------------------

OMG, this line-up is just...beautiful! If Perez wants to get rid of anyone at all, that would have to be Benzema, NOT OZIL!

With that being said, Welcome Bale and let's kick some serious A$$ !!!!

16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FINAL-FRIGGIN-LEE!!!!! SO happy he's here! GARETH BAAAAAALE!!!! :D :D :D

17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "I have a large erection"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nice one @Horsehead .

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Jese reminds me of the Ronaldo character in Crackovia.

natenate101 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jese reminds me of some dude who'd fit into the Jersey shore cast.

libertao repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I don't get is why we would keep a winger (ahem, Di Maria) when we have 2 solid wingers that will probably be never subbed out? And the club is trying to sell Oezil? F'cking idiotic if you ask me. Hope it's bullsh*t.

22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

At Madrid, didn't know we brought back Metzelder too!

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  23. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's what I've been saying since we signed Isco. Mesut and Isco share the same primary position. I had a gut feeling we were gonna move Oezil when we signed Isco.

25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    where are you getting these pics?