The Wayne Rooney Thread Part IV

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Unaffected.

benni... repped this.
  2. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I cannot wait for the World Cup, and watch England lose.

I am looking forward to watch Lallana.

3. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    I had read about the injury but this was news to me:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/11/report-wayne-rooney-ruled-out-for-rest-of-the-season/

"Rooney, 28, took a pain-killing injection to lead the line for the Red Devils against Bayern on Wednesday, but it seems as though that tactic has predictably done more damage to his original injury."

So... 300k a week and this idiot moyes forces/allows him to aggrevate an injury to the point that it will hamper his performance in the WC and we will be without him for the rest of the end of the season.

Get this ********ing cuntbag and his whole bench he brought with him.

4. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Well, there's nothing else for Rooney to play for this year for Utd, and Utd doesn't care about the English NT -- so from that perspective it sounds like a fine decision. Doesn't fit with my opinion of David Moyes though -- too clear-headed and aggressive.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I don't care as we will be better off for the remainder of the season without him.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I take the opposite view. For 300K a week your ass better be playing on one foot if that is all you have, in a CL match no doubt.

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sit him for the rest of the season. Blame it on his toe injury, I don't care, I'd much rather watch Danny/Cheech lead the line with Mata, Kagawa, and Nani/Januzaj behind. More entertaining, fluid football.

jeff070 repped this.
  8. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Remember the Sir Alex quote about how Rooney had to play every week, or that he'd start with the chips/soda/alcohol and put on weight?

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    He never said that.

10. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He did say he had to play every week to maintain form though, Lynne.

11. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Htorna ya 2ar3a men wen bedna nbouso.

A Lebanese saying: "we are confused where the kiss the bold guy" meaning we do not know what will satisfy him since all his head is bold it doesn't matter, but he won't be satisfied.

Hope that makes sense.

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    It does. But in relation to his from I don't understand.

13. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    If he plays every week, then he is burned out and he is injured. If he doesn't play and then plays badly it is because he wasn't given a run of games. If he plays wide we are not utilizing the tools he has, if he plays in the middle, he is doing too much defensive work (we blame the manager), if he plays uptop (well he is not being provided the assists), if he plays in the advanced playmaker role he is playing infront of Fellaini.

Always finding an excuse for him.

benni... repped this.
  14. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Makes for a.cute narrative but there has never been any excuses made for rooney being burned out - especially playing up top. Hes had his best seasons playing every game as a #9.

He's not a winger, CM or playmaker - hes a striker who can get the ball from deep.

15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tough shit. We shouldn't have to cater to Rooney to curb is eating/drinking habits. Although we've been catering to his needs for 5 years now at the expense of the club, so I suppose this is nothing new.

Seriously...Rooney is a grade A ********. Holds the club ransom for big money, does fck all to stay in top shape, and forces us to cater to him position-wise even though we have two players in the squad that are better behind the striker.

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He is striker but cannot play back to goal, he is a striker but has a horrid first touch, he is a striker but can't play on the turn, he is a striker but has no awareness of his surroundings, he is a striker but...

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    he is a striker but......... he is our striker and we need to protect him dammit!!

jeff070 repped this.
  18. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    When played with a consistent run of games as a nine Rooney's hold up play goes up considerably. He's a very good nine, the only problem is that he hates playing there. Dislike him for all the shitty things he has done to this club, I'm not saying he is a saint, but don't confuse him being a ******** with him being an inadequate nine. If he were happy to play there, then he would be one of the better nines in the world.

But yeah, I'll agree he is a ******** and has been shit to the club.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Rooney does not have the tactical discipline to be a permanent #9. His ego driven desire to chase the ball at every opportunity hinders those who play behind him and hinders us as we have no outlet in the final third. He needs to learn to make runs forwards not backwards.

googoo repped this.
  20. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I just displayed to you the qualities of a nine add to that what Teso said about his tactical awareness and you reply "dislike him for all the shitty things he has done to this club...". Did I even mention that in my post?

Purely footballing reasons, Rooney has major holes in that role that are over-shadowed by other aspects in his play that only the people who have watched him for 10 years will see (I am not saying you haven't).

Sincerely,

Jeff

21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Amdrag has mentioned his being burnt out more than once in the past. even this season near the halfway point iirc

i agree with jeff. there is also the "he's the kind of player that needs to play through the bad patch" nonsense. he might but the rest of the team doesn't need to put up with it.

the burnt out thing is utter rubbish for someone entering their prime years and in "their best form" at the halfway point. same for Özil and whoever else gets that excuse.

get fit, get serious or get the fuсk out

jeff070 repped this.
  22. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    jeff - you seem to have it for rooney (even if you claim objectivity). as a #9, he can and has played with his back to the goal. your criticism of his awareness when played up front is particularly puzzling since that's probably one of his best qualities.

center forward is not a priority for me, i'd be happy with rooney or rvp - just not both. either of them will give us 20+ in the league easy if they play up top. i'll just leave it, we won't find common ground.

rvn10 - i mean.. amdrag. that would be like saying johno has a sweet spot for welbeck! :)

23. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even Ronaldo and Messi get burnt out. You can't expect players to carry you for months, have then play twice a week, and then act frazzled when they are suddenly slowing down in Feb/March.

We compound the problem by playing Rooney when he is seriously injured. This end of this season is so similar to the end of 09/10. Playing Rooney hurt in the QF of the CL against Bayern, right before a World Cup. He injures himself more, will probably make it worse at the World Cup, and then when he comes back he won't be right for awhile.

24. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is also complete bullshit that Rooney lacks tactical discipline. That is true if you ignore his career here. There is no way he could have performed on the left of as a #9 as he has, if that was the case.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    His position/role is irrelevant as he will naturally chase the ball around like a four year old for 90 minutes regardless. At least he will try to but he has already started to slow down. How is it possible for an athlete to smoke and still be a fat ********?