The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by JohnnyFutbol, Sep 22, 2012.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Andrea liking the fighting was lame (not the killing the zombie part but the cage matches). And I think Michonne's lack of personality isn't the problem - it's that she just isn't bad ass enough.

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How more bad ass do you want her to be?

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's one thing I really like about this show is how much it's impacted prices of the comics... I just put the first four issues up on eBay last night and the first issue is already at $577.

Thank you AMC.

4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Disagree. Then she'd be cartoonish.

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    She's just been kind of annoying and has come across sort of whiney or something to me. More silent and decisive the better. Less goofy guts covered wishy washy.

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think she has been whiney at all and if she were any more silent, she would be mute.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did anyone else laugh at the "brought to you by KFC" bumper that aired right after the scene where Rick and co. threw that guy to the walkers and it showed them devouring him

usasoccerhooligan repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Too slow for me.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  9. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Aside from the idiocy of the Governor not using Maggie and Glenn against each other from the get-go I thought it was a strong episode. The show is about 75% better simply because they killed the love-triangle (and related characters) and cut down dramatically on all those heart-felt Hallmark moment scenes.

I kept wanting to make a post disagreeing with Felixx about the predicted outcome but it looks like he was dead on about Merle pulling a Darth Vadar and tossing the Governor over the side.

10. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I dunno, I'm done with Michonne. Let's see, she spends 8 months with Andrea, who must have told her about her group -- you know, who was in it, their names. Then Michonne meets up with the group and doesn't say anything. Then she leads them back on an assault on Woodbury. She knows the strength of Woodbury, but thinks that three guys, and her without a gun, are going to be enough of a force. And she doesn't tell them about Merle and Andrea, the surprise of finding either one of them there will have enough shock value to derail their sneak/surprise infiltration.

It's like she's got a death wish...

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing that is bugging me, and maybe I missed something, but I thought both prisoners said they'd go with Rick to help Glen and Maggie, but the white guy wasn't there when they left the prison.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you've really hit the nail on the head here. Her not saying a word about anything just seems 100% implausible.

13. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway

I don't know. Maybe Andrea never felt the need to mention the names of her group. Michonne hasn't been painted as the inquisitive and chatty type, so I could see the names not coming up. I'm not sure that Michonne even realizes that the group at the prison was Andrea's group. The last she heard, they had all split up after the farm house.

As for the assault on Woodberry, well, what choice do they have? Michonne scoped the place out pretty well when she was there, so a nighttime assault against some gunners who are only expecting loud, stumbling zombies seems plausible.

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then there is ting about zombies walking around, makes the show very unrealistic for me. ;) :p

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, forgot to mention earlier, but I really did like Glenn's cage fight with the zombie. I thought it was well done.

16. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I thought that he said that he was going to stay behind.

17. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Obviously you haven't seen all the zombies that walk around my work-place.

18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    A continuity error is that all the lights and noise of Woodbury seem to attract close to zero zombies.

So why don't they just clean up the local area?

They could achieve a large safe zone with little effort.

19. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    How can you say one way or the other if Woodbury is attracting zombies or not? We just don't get a chance to see what's going on at the walls. I would imagine they get plenty of zombies at the wall, and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Edit: Actually you could theorize that the Woodbury folks cleaned out a butt-ton of zombies for a few miles around, so all they tend to get is the wondering straglers. Merle made mention of the "Red Zone" which I'm assuming is some distance away from Woodbury.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But at the prison they don't seem to make near as much noise but yet there are always zombies outside the fence. At least compared to Woodbury (for example the party they had the one night).

21. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They werent using them against each other but rather put them in places where they could hear what was happening to the other. Using them against each other wouldnt have worked and I think he is smart enough to know that.

I am almost sure that Merle is going to have to choose and he will choose Daryl but once he joins that group he will likely try to get revenge on Rick and something will end up happening. I could see Daryl then having to choose between Merle and Rick and him choosing Rick.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This show hates women.

The scenes with Andrea are painstaking.

The continuity error of which members of the group volunteered versus who actually went is ridiculously unprofessional.

Michone is boring and her stubbornness and silence needs to be explored before he becomes another cardboard character.

I still don't see The Governor as a potent villain. He asks people to kill for him and lies to a population he is actually keeping safe. He makes dumb decisions constantly.

All this eliminated any kind of tension that should have been built up by now for the mid-season finale.

23. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I disagree, I thought it's been pretty good until now...

I think the Andrea scenes are done on purpose. She's either gonna redeem herself and and viewers' love by helping the group with the fight or she's gonna get killed off to our satisfaction.

There's been a few continuity errors but nothing that bad IMO.

Michonne's mysterious side is what sets her apart from the rest of the cast. She seems like a loyal person though. At first I was skeptical about her, but now, I'm accepting her more now that she's helping Rick's crew battle Woodbury.

The governor is one of those villains who are twisted in a crazy way. He doesn't come off as a really bad guy at first sight, but we all know how he really is. Those kinds of villains make the most troublesome ones, so yes, I think he's gonna become a pretty potent villain if he doesn't get killed off next episode. He knows how to twist things to his advantage in a very subtle way (Andrea for example).

24. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    It sounds like we're watching 2 different shows.

25. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hyperbole

How so?

Just because they volunteered doesnt mean Rick allowed them to go.

Give her some time.

He is the worst kind of villain. He comes off as charming and good natured but is truly sadistic with horrible intentions. What dumb decisions has he made?