The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by JohnnyFutbol, Sep 22, 2012.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    This was a so-so episode for me. Too much Rick going mental.

2. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I thought the Rick stuff was a little overdone but not horrible. The Andrea/Gobner scenes were cringe inducing. Jeepers, Glenn sure had some slow reactions....

Luke warm episode for me.

Dante repped this.
  3. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    The fact that both Glenn and Maggie failed to shoot Merle is incredible to me. The writers could have easily written in something like a random group of zombies causing confusion and panic, rather than Merle being the quickest gun in the East and Glenn/Maggie forgetting how to pull a trigger.

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. Neither Glenn or Maggie have killed another human being before. Just because you have been killing the undead doesnt make it easy to kill a person for the first time. They arent killings and having it be easy for them to pull the trigger would have been unbelievable rather than believable.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    From Andy Greenwald's write-up of this week's episode:

I certainly don't agree with him on everything (his Homeland lovefest has been pretty hilarious), but he does have a point there. They need to give that character some more depth, and fast. Otherwise she will be as stupidly wasted as some of the others that have shown early promise only to peter out.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think she will start coming out. It is obvious that she isnt going to show personality to people she doesnt trust. Hopefully, she will start trusting Rick and company and will start coming out of her shell a bit.

7. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    agree, I joked to my friends that during the casting call for that character, there was only one direction: scowl

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, we had the madness of Rick... Kind of lame when the previous episode's cliffhanger just turns out to be in his mind. Though I was surprised when he caught on so quickly, the callers knowing his name, etc. I did like Rick's acknowledgement that the band was still hugely at risk, even in the prison, was important. He knows that they're still not safe, even if I as a viewer, just think it is still a matter of "just clearing out the cell blocks".

Other than the Rick - Governor confrontation, the other confrontation was always going to Merle and Darryl, but now that Darryl has found Carol, I don't think he's going to be as affected to Merle as he might have been. When the shit hits the fan, I'm expecting it to be brother v brother. I used to think it would be Merle who would come out on top, but now I'm thinking Darryl.

9. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    Good point. After thinking about it more, that makes sense. The shock of seeing Merle alive would probably be enough to make Glenn freeze.

10. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I wouldnt be surprised if Merle turns on the Governor by the end of the season and helps Rick and company win the battle.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would require something big to happen between him and the Governer since Rick is the one that put Merle in the position that caused him to have to cut his hand off.

12. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but I think Merle already doesnt like the Governor killing those soldiers and the Governor will want to kill Rick and his whole group including Daryl which Merle will not go for.

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Really?

Merle is being portrayed as crazy psychotic. He knows about the Governor's fascination for heads, he was willing to kill the kid for not wanting to lie about Michonne's death, and he relished being the zombie cage brawl. It's obvious that the Governor respects his opinions, even if he doesn't always act on them. I'm guessing there have been few people in Merle's life who have taken him seriously, but the Governor is one.

Now, if the Governor does force Merle to choose between him and his brother, well, I agree with you there. But I don't think the Governor is that stupid...

14. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He isnt going to have a choice in the matter. The Governor is not going to want to take in the prison group because Rick will challenge his authority and Daryl isnt going to allow them to kill Rick or anyone else in the group. This is the clash that this season is building too and I am willing to bet that Merle's loyalties will come into play.

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or Daryl will have to make the choice and possibly have to end up killing Merle maybe for threatening Carol...

16. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a possibility as well. I just have a gut feeling that Merle is going to turn on the Governor. I think his reluctance towards killing the soldiers might have been foreshadowing for that.

17. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Sometimes I'm a little dense (or not paying attention). Did Rick imagine all of the phone calls, or just that last one?

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering all those people are dead, I would hope it was all of them.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    All of them. I'm glad they didn't continue with that phones nonsense, that was very "Lost"-like.

20. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I missed that. What did Merle say/do to express reluctance?

And even if he did have a reluctance to kill the soldiers, it must have only been for the soldiers when he felt they could help the situation. He's perfectly willing to kill, friend or foe. I don't think he'll turn on the Gov'nor for that...

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The only scenario in which I can see Merle go against the Governor is something involving his brother. They already had a disagreement about whether or not Merle could go out to find Daryl.

22. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    They've got the whole Emperor / Vader motif going on

23. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    It seems to me that there's going to be an issue that involves Daryl/Merle/Rick/Michionne/Governor/Andrea. It will be interesting to see how they write that, because it should be pretty awesome if handled properly.

24. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a scene after it occurred where Merle seemed to dislike having to do it.

25. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why I think he is going to have to choose. Daryl obviously isnt going to just go with Merle to Woodbury and is going to stand up for the survivors against the Governor. I just have a feeling that Merle is going to be the key to the prison group surviving the attacks from the Woodbury group. They are obviously overmatched and outsourced so Merle might be the key to them winning the battle at the end of the season if that is what it is coming too.