The Walking Dead (Season 2) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, it's not a stretch to think that people are capable of all sorts of things in survival situations (even ones who we'd think to have high morals\good character), and to be fair he had no real ties to fat hunter....and the whole situation was kind of his fault. What I found stupid was the fact that he was going to have to fight the guy for supplies (which took almost a minute) and then get enough distance to not get too close to the horde. He then also had to hope that the one meal would suffice for the numbers chasing them, because not all of them could get to the body, so there was a good chance that part of the group would continue to pursue him. Let's just say, to me, it didn't seem like the obvious survival tactic at that time.

2. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a positive note, we finally got some people gettin' it on.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the reason I dislike the show so much is because I wanted it to be like the comic, which it's clearly deviating from. And it could be that I don't like some of the casting, Sarah Wayne Callies is a terrible actress and really ruins every scene she's in for me.

I think I need to differentiate the comic from the show and just accept that it will never be as good. Maybe then I will enjoy it more.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i like the show, its nothing spectacular but its entertainment on a sunday night

5. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, not a fan of her's, either. There's something off about her looks, too, that I just can't put my finger on that bugs me somehow. It's really distracting. Oh, and eat a goddamn sandwich.

6. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
  7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome review, rep to you.

8. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Well, I'm coming from the perspective of having watched season 1 before reading the comic and I found the tv series a bit more engaging. The characters from the comic seem one-dimensional to me and I found some of the character actions even less believable. I read the black and white volume of collected issues which ended at the point the survivors arrived at the prison. Did the writing for the comics get a better?

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's written by simple people for simple people, with little attempt to create a smart and thought-out script.

Episode 4 was bad..brain damaging bad. The melodrama which is supposed to be the heart of the show is just so poorly done. The characters..so so stupid...the dramatic beats..so....ugh...brain hurts...

10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop watching it FFS. Some of you people seem to watch so you can keep coming to this thread to moan and bitch, terribly annoying.

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lazy post. You must think the show is quite good but could probably use a few tweaks.

12. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that wasn't a lazy post. You really should stop watching if the show bothers you so much. Why waste your own time viewing something that you consider is stupid? Do you enjoy stupid things?

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your mistake and his is assuming it 'bothers' me. It clearly doesn't. It can actually help if you watch something with a critical eye instead of bending over relentlessly. Moreover I'm a fan of the comics to a degree and I am determined to follow the trajectory of the show, if not for the comics' sake then as a cultural study. Perspective.

Plus, let's be honest. Some can benefit from the criticism. I hate when others just complain about complaints but in reality those very 'complaints' are contextually meant to be constructive. I find it even more interesting that you seem to care more about complaints than the show itself or anyone for that matter that seems to be bothered by complaints so much.

14. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good lord you really like to try to sound smart. Calm down. I only made one comment towards you.

A cultural study? Give me a break.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great post.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show has lots of fans, some of whom would like to come discuss it in this thread, instead it's a daily douche-off with a handful of pretentious phonies.

17. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I don't think most of the posters on here are "pretentious phonies" (there are a couple of exceptions). I like the show, at least any of the parts where there are actual zombies. The problem is, there aren't enough of those, and the rest of the show is horribly written and not terribly well thought out. This show could be so much better than it is with just a little attention to detail.

18. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a general thought: Not sure I see the point in watching a show that I find so many flaws in, or want to be written or don't like the way it is directed, it is what it is, and more than likely won't change for your tastes, so stay in or get out. Who has the time to waste an hour every week on a show they don't thoroughly enjoy?

I admit I do find humorous the amateur pretentious critic and the insulting tone of his posts, but at the same time, the amount of complaining is bewildering, stop wasting your own times, and everyone else's.

19. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it's a cultural study, and one that I want to share with everybody because everything I say is useful and with merit.

20. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But there's zombies.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So, let me get this straight...just because I see a lot of flaws in this show, as many have I'm simply supposed to dismiss it and never even mention a single word in a thread dedicated to all kinds of responses. And I'm the pretentious one? The flaw with your logic is that I can just as well tell you to ignore my comments, so why waste your precious time at all responding to me if you don't see any value in criticism of the show?

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The woman who plays Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan) is quietly a very good actress. It's hard to believe she's the same woman who played Vivian Volkoff on Chuck last year, she genuinely looks and acts like a person 8-10 years younger. Without looking too dissimilar physically.

23. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You the say the show is written by stupid people for stupid people, so yes. And I am sure the world eagerly awaits the findings from your cultural study

24. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    If you're a person who watched all of season 1, is stll watching season 2, are of the opinion that the show is horrible shouldn't you be called an idiot for wasting your time? I get the whole offering a critical viewpoint but from outward appearances it does appear some of you are determined to find no redeeming value at all.

25. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, don't dismiss it. I expect you to hold true to scientific method, controlling for any extraneous and confounding variables, and present your cultural findings at the next annual zombie conference. I also demand that you refuse all attempts at parsimony. We all love your words.