The Walking Dead (Season 2) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    So by that logic, all of the characters just have to make it another couple of weeks, and they'll be so much more mobile than the walkers that they won't have to worry about them. I'm guessing that doesn't get written into the script.

That bothered me a lot as well. Maybe she wouldn't have gotten sick, but she would have freaked the hell out at a minimum.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I don't know what you're all on about. I like it and I try not to think about details like consistency, as long as I'm glued to the screen.

Zombies simply walk faster when they see a prey.

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure if I cared more about the characters and what happens to them, I'd notice the inconsistencies less.

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm pretty sure that blood contact transference of the virus has never been mentioned in The Walking Dead; just bites.

5. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    But I'm not glued to the screen. That's part of the problem. I have a lot of times to pick up on these things.

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I never get watching something to nitpick every little detail, if those things bug people so much, turn the channel.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    And scratches I think. If they can rub guts on themselves, not sure why blood contact would infect them.

This thread reminds me of going to the World Cup in Korea and having a great time cheering for the team and then going on BigSoccer and reading all the shouting about hating Agoos, Clint Mathis playing time, etc. and realizing how miserable I should be. I should stay out of this thread because so far I've enjoyed the show just for entertainment and now y'all might make me feel like I need to think it out more!

I actually thought episode 1 was more fun than 2 though - the search the stomach scene in episode 1 I thought was really funny - and all the drawn out graphic gore was a good way to re-start the story after a long time off. What I'm really impressed about is that the token Asian who adds extremely little to the group dynamic has made it this long. Seems like both minorities days are very numbered.

The smell thing was a noticeable inconsistency for me - and I thought about the visual thing - but it didn't really explain it very well. When it rained the guts off, weren't they more vulnerable? Either they can smell human or they can't.

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But there's zombies.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I happened upon The Mist on TV and found out that the actors playing Dale and Andrea had shared the screen before in that movie. In fact, in Melissa Suzanne McBride there is a third cast member that was in both The Mist and the Walking Dead. :)

10. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Darabont projects tend to use a lot of the same actors...

The Majestic is the same way...

11. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the instinct meter went off in my head last night... Why would Shane do what he did? I felt that either the show's writers needed to make a bad guy among the humans, or they just screwed up and wrote something illogical... i don't think that it went with his character at all... wouldn't he have done it earlier? I hated seeing that killing... it was unnecessary and just downright cold...

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It's actually more in line with the comic book Shane.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show has deviated so much from the comic now that I wonder if they're going to do some of the major things that occurred in the comic.

And as soon as I saw that opening scene I was thinking to myself, full metal jacket. The look he made in the mirror sealed that for me.

14. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I thought that was the strongest episode of the season so far. That hanging zombie was pretty creepy.

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I actually thought it was consistent with the dark side he has shown from last season. He seems capable of some messed up stuff.

The inconsistency that I thought seemed weird is that the hunter dude now seems much more socialized and less hostile then I remembered him.

16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Did he have a choice?

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Daryl is just being rational. Without his brother, he can choose to try to survive on his own, or join up with the group. And he has little to gain by being an asshole all the time.

Even though I think I'm right in saying that the comic book Shane didn't quite survive this long - so they are deviating seriously from the comics with that - his behavior was seriously in line with the character from the source materials.

What I haven't seen yet is Carl displaying the first signs of his nascent sociopathy. Perhaps they will not include that in the TV version?

18. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    Couldn't he have achieved the same thing by shooting him in the head and spared him being eaten alive? would have been easier to retrieve the bag.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Would the zombies eat a dead person?

20. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was completely logical. He shot Otis as a last resort once he realized they both couldn't escape. They were both too slow, and Shane needed some time to get away since he was injured. Shane did what he had to do to survive. He didn't do it out of joy.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Plus he thought he had more of a chance to evade the zombies than Otis did, and he had to save Carl. Made sense to me.

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The guy had just saved his life minutes before though.

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He did.....nevertheless, it was survival of the fittest. Not saying it was moral, but it was logical.

24. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Best episode thus far. At least we can start talking about the character and avoid the nitpicking over whether a zombie would prefer paper or plastic.

25. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I was watching them limp away from the horde, I thought to myself that Shane should shoot the fat one in the leg. Remember kids, you don't have to be able to outrun the horde, just the guy your running with.