The Union's 2012 US Open Cup Campaign [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by UnionizedPA, May 14, 2012.

1. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    [​IMG]

2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, those damn careers keep getting in the way.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  3. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Dills. I believe they are called jobs. We are all blue collars, we just have jobs. You are acting like High School is not a carreer. It is for some.

jaykoz3, Dills and Handsome Pete repped this.
  4. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <EDITED FOR CONTENT> I do really well financially but I also have a family and a job. It's not exactly easy nor is it sane to spend $600-700 on airfare and hotel and food and such and another 14-20 hours on round trip travel across three time zones for a two hour soccer game I can watch in my living room. You're right, though, it's easy... as evidenced by your frequent attendance at PPL Park. Same time zone and short flight to Orlando to spend four or five days in Florida during the winter with team scheduled activities or a long jet lagged weekend and 15 hours of travel, hmmmmmm....

5. riot71

riot71 Member+

Dec 11, 2003
    New Jersey
  6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Even though our Cup run has ended, it was still a lot of fun, and it brought a lot of excitement. Hopefully, the front office sees how much we appreciate this tournament, and will continue to bid for home games at PPL Park, or somewhere nearby. I had a blast following this tournament.

7. UnionTillIDie

UnionTillIDie Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Section CI
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    This completely! For me, these past 2 games (missed the Rochester game cause I was in Toronto after seeing the U play there - so that makes me the Union's #1 fan as well as the worst) have been 2 of the best times at PPL Park!

Here's to the FO for actually caring about this tourney and giving the fans a chance to as well!

8. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's weird. I figured since they did it for the earlier match they'd do it for this one, but that sucks.

9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's pretty clear that the FO wanted to build a basis for Union success in the USOC, get everyone all stoked for next year when we'll win it all ... which just so happens to be the 100th edition of the tournament.

10. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need a few better players before that can happen :)

11. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unholyunion repped this.
  12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Guys, you're getting seriously close to cyber-bullying. I think we all made out point. He's young, give him a break.

cwelch999, Doop, UnionDues and 2 others repped this.
  14. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think?

This is overall pathetic.... Seriously. i'm a blatant asshole and i'm not this bad.

He said one thing that offended your mild excitement for the team - being he's far away and we're close... really, take it in stride. you don't have to comment on everything.

And yes, i made a comment. But it was more being a comment towards what he said than actually attacking his person.

cwelch999, UnionDues and BuddhaWake repped this.
  15. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, FC Tucson is supposed to be in the US Open Cup next year. We're guaranteed a 2nd place finish in the PDL Southwest division, which means a spot in the 1st round of the US Open Cup. If we make it to the 3rd round next year, and play at PPL Park, I would fly out for that.
    If you look at the profile picture or signature, you can see that I already have. Its a pretty good feeling when you have 84 official members in a PDL supporters group, and this is r first year. Its just harder to support them on the road. We were planning on having a road-trip to Phoenix for the Monsoon/FC Tucson match, but the game was canceled. Luckily, the MLS doesn't have those problems (able to schedule road-trips months in advance) That's a PDL supporters life.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  16. UnionDues

UnionDues Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Give this stupid shit a rest. I wasn't particularly enamored with his away support comments either, but the point was made earlier in direct response to them. No need for this crap. Just be happy that the Union has some currency beyond the immediate Philadelphia area.

We could have beaten the Wiz. I think it was a mistake for Hack to not have played reserves against Toronto on Sunday. Nothing could have been done about the blatant one-sided officiating that handed them the game, though.

17. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argument can be raised it wasn't one sided (17-21 with fouls) but considering KC got away with murder early on and only got called for fouls towards the 2nd half when we were trying to EARN our fouls, statistics don't show the correct picture. Summary - ridiculous.

18. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many Cup runs has Hackworth coached for? You see team managers in the EPL and Seria A get it wrong when they have multiple competitions.

Hackworth won one out of two matches, not bad. I guess when we look back on July, we will really know how well he is mangeing the team over a congested schedule.