The (un)Official U.S.A. Subbuteo Players Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by writered21, Jun 11, 2004.

1. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im in the market for a new set of bases... I've been using the new Zeugo bases, which I think are derived from the Profibases....

I want something super flat for good sliding. I don't play the curling game like a lot of the old boys.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love my G2's. I have used Astrobases, profis, and G2's are my favorite. Luis Silva made the switch as well, good stuff. I recommend highly.

Oh, they are $14 - you can't beat that.

3. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Those would be the Raptors, right?

I've heard nothing but good things.

4. E17Avenue

E17Avenue Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't confuse the various models of Raptors though.

To be honest, I can't stand the G2s. So they won't suit everyone's game. I like Sureshots for stability and Pitchsurfers for flexibility. All those three are worth a try to see what you like best. And you'll get all three for around $50+ total. Pitchsurfers are the most unstable of the three so if you want a flat game you may as well avoid them. Their younger, more expensive brother is the Premier, that's like a double-stuffed G2 (forgive the Oreo analogy).

5. Stanman09

Stanman09 New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Anyone know where I can get a good starter kit to start playing?

6. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    www.subbuteoworld.co.uk

anything labeled "new zeugo range" is perfect

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    subbuteousa.com

8. OldeCityUnited

OldeCityUnited New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Hello all.....I know who a few of you are on here......I am new to the forum and I am in the philly area. So whats the latest Subbuteo news on here....

OKTerrific I have some bases G2 for sale.

9. Drunken Duncan

Drunken Duncan New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Annapolis MD
    So, I've been wanting to get back into Subbuteo for a while now,
    and I bought a set on ebay a while back. But heck, I don't like to
    Iron my own clothes, never mind a bloody cloth pitch! Can any give
    me a good rundown on the different pitches available. And whats involved
    in maintenance.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Astropitch is the way to go. Check out tablesoccerusa.com - tell him Eddie sent you.

11. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    Check out http://www.subbuteousa.com/TableSoccerSuppliesForSale.html.

There is Astroturf (same as the old Astropitch), it has a rubber backing to it. If you build a table for the pitch you should pin it down in the corners.

The Liga pitch, listed down near the bottom of the page, is similar but it has an adhesive backing to it. To be able to use the pitch you would need to build a table for it.

You should get in touch with Paul from that site. There is a large amount of players in MD.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, I can't remember Paul's site by heart, that's the one I meant.

13. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Anyone else see the nice subbuteo article in the current 442? Much of the info is in Flick to Kick, but cool nonetheless!

14. Drunken Duncan

Drunken Duncan New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Annapolis MD
    panicfc, bda52

Thanks for pointing me toward Pauls site. The Astroturf is awesome.
    Now, just need to work on my touch.:D

Big Dunc

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a player in Annapolis, Rob T. If you want contact info PM me and I'll hook you up.

16. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone just read the 442 article and am pretty interested in the stuff. I'm up at Erie now but I think I'll buy some a New Zeugo team and whatever else I need and see how it goes.

I know there's been a ton of links laid down and I've been to them all I just need to know does one have comprehensive rules? Just want to make sure, thanks guys.

Oh and I'd like to get nice stuff but I don't need professional anything because I don't know how long I'll be in love with the stuff. What are the average nets, pitches, and balls I should look at?

Oh and one more thing, sorry, is there a difference when a set says New Zeugo Range?

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me, I'd rather go with the G2 bases and a painted team. If you have the least bit of skilll you can paint Legia Warsaw, or at least a reasonable facsimile ;)

[​IMG]

Rules: Check out the ASA website they have links or check out FISTF.com

ASA has a section in the forum for rules and questions.

==
    Erie - how far from Pittsburgh? bda52 is there. He can show you all you need to know.

==
    Pitches: Ebay

balls - get the Tangos. Best and the prices are close.

Goals - I would buy from Paul's site, a few links above.

I've never used the Zeugo's, but I've heard good stuff. The key is being able to move the players from base to base as you progress.

18. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA

Bummer you are in Erie now, but still not all that far away from me in Pittsburgh (well, Monongahela).

Zeugo's new range has more of a "Professional" style base to it. The older style had more of a original Subbuteo base to it. The big difference is "pro" style bases have a much larger flatter area to the bottom of the base so you can flick longer distances.

World Table Soccer has a nice starter set that will include just about every thing you need. It includes pitch, goals, balls and teams. I would just consider up grading the teams because of the bases they are on.

If you go to my teams page you can see the difference between some of the styles of bases. The top team (home kit) is on Stephan Corda G2, the middle team (away) is on Sureshot bases and the last kit (alternate) is on the old style Subbuteo bases.

19. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow thanks for the incredibly fast and helpful response. I'll definitely consider buying or painting up a Legia and/or Poland Nat team if I get really into it. I'm going to run the numbers and see how everything works out but I'm also looking on eBay and a few of the online creditable stores for this Deluxe Edition Set. Thanks again, I'll try and keep up with this thread.

-e- I should probably mention that I'm at Erie for school but will be home May 14th once my finals and everything else are finished up here.

20. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    Just under 3 hours.

I have a team of them. They are very nice, bases are excellent for the price too. Chip well and have some curl to them. Only bad thing is teams are glued into the bases.

21. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    My web site is in my sig. You can either PM me here or click on the "Contact Us" page and e-mail me through there.

Deluxe edition is pretty nice. It includes a grandstand with it. You could always list that one part on ebay. Seems like one section of grandstands sell for around $20+.

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People helping people.

That's what we are all about ;)

23. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    You guys should arrange a tourney in Slippery Rock! :cool:

24. E17Avenue

E17Avenue Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wouldn't rush to upgrade them, they're not bad bases at all. A nice combination of glide and curl. Similar to Parodis but heavier. Certainly good enough to get started with.