Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    #451 he so scrumptiouz, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Well one thing we DO know is that Spain treats results in youth very seriously...

and we've beaten their U19's! :cool:

Ajacieden Branco van den Boomen and Richairo Zivkovic (he's ours lol) with the goals in Oranje's 2 - 1 win over Spain.

De Fockert (Feyenoord)/Olij 46 (AZ)

Tete (Ajax) - Walsh (Genk) - Hendrix (PSV)/Voest 58 (Heerenveen) - Riedewald (Ajax)/Luckassen 69 (AZ)

Bakker (ADO) - Vloet (PSV)/Sinkgraven 58 (Heerenveen) - Leemans (PSV)/van den Boomen 58 (Ajax)

Becker (Ajax)/Dammers 58 (Feyenoord) - Zivkovic (Groningen) - Acolatse (Ajax)/Sanoh 79 (PSV)

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Saw someone reporting he was horrible. We will see how he develops, but I am far from impressed of him so far. Hope he proves me wrong.

Kishna is a player I like a lot. Has technique, good first touch, size, can run past his marker, can score a goal. I think he is the future Dutch striker, not Zivkovic.

JC-14 repped this.
  3. I saw Ronald de Boer saying that he has doubts about the mentality of Kishna. Have there been issues with that at the Ajax youth teams?

4. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Must be noted that Daley Blind is responsible for Kishna not playing for the Liverpool reserves at the moment.

5. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What is the opinion about Donny van de Beek? He seems promising to me?

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Very.

Signed a contract extension a few months ago, he's now under contract until 2017.

[​IMG]

He's from a team full of winners so here's hoping for another 3/4/5 years championship run in near the future. I like Nouri's black captains armband there with the 3 crosses. If Siem can't use the red one why didn't he just use this one instead.

7. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He really stepped his game this season. nice talent.

U17 preparing for EK:

Nice play by Nouri at 2:17 :D

Btw, why dose MVB already have so much credit as a trainer with everyone? I don't get it. He is just starting and people are talking about him as if he is going to be the next LVG.. Last week Ajax B1 and PSV B1 played a game and van Bommel was wondering why Ajax left out it's best plays. :ROFLMAO: (Nouri,Vd Beek, and El Idrissi and Vince Gino Dekker are already playing in A1 or A2) He might become a great trainer but I don't think he understands Youth development that much.

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't ask me. I didn't understand his credit as a player either.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it's the way he expressed himself for the camera, how he behaved on the field as a player. Him and Strootman were quite funny together as both used a lot of pointing, gesturing and talking in the field about tactics whenever the game came to a hold during an injury or something like that, or even during the run of play for that matter. It came across as if he payed a lot of time and attention to tactics in field, being aware and able to look at the big picture in game and that is associated with the coaching mindset. He was also a bit of an alpha male. Wanted to be the boss in a team. His behavior collided with van Basten. With Davids. He has a bit of a strong personality.

I thought he overdid it quite some time. I also think what he wanted to project with every human interaction, constantly communicating how self confident he was, missed it's effect in and off the field at times. When he came back to the Eredivisie, acting like the old fox who had seen it all, he got treated like every other and received a lot of yellow and even red cards. Refs might have been annoyed with his behavior how he almost felt entitled to be treated differently. All his gesturing and pointing was of less value than when he would just help out defense. I remember how the FC Zwolle striker was thankful that van Bommel just let him run away, rather than tracking him. Van Bommel had his excuse ready how he made an agreement with his defense to take over, but was that smart to begin with? Why let that PSV defense from a year ago get into 1 vs 1 situations?

I do think van Bommel as a player was quite good. First foreign captain of Bayern. Much weaker team at his time than now, but still. When he moved to Milan he was basically the reason why Pirlo wanted to get away as he was benched often. Maybe Pirlo was stuck for a moment in his career, but van Bommel being picked over him still says something. I also think that we would have had a much better chance to advance over Russia in 2008 with him on the field rather than Engelaar or whatever was running in midfield at the time. Nigel was probably the best player in that game, holding his own and we could have done with another battling player with the legs and lungs to answer to the Russian power play. However I don't think he was better than Cocu or Davids.

The problem with van Bommel is that he is heavily influenced by van Marwijk. So I do not expect him to develop like Peter Bosz or Adriaanse. Quite attacking coaches. In that sense maybe it's interesting to follow up on Erik ten Hag who is coaching Bayern 2. Promoted with GAE from Eerste Divisie, who play nice football this season, which is also his contribution. Now working closely with Guardiola. To play with Bayern 2 as the first team he needs to know exactly how Guardiola plays. He is getting an interesting education.

That being said, Netherlands needs more top coaches, attacking ones or defensive ones. Van Gaal and Hiddink are in the Autumn or even Winter of their careers. Netherlands wants more coaches that can take over that legacy. That's why van Bommel is looked at. He has good starting conditions going on for himself. Now it's time he fulfills his promise. Qualification with U17 would be nice. This current coach lost or drew all games against the big teams. A win over France and people might start talking about the "van Bommel effect" .o_O:)

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought he was a somewhat dirty player who pretended he was never guilty. I never liked that aspect about his game.

When you marry the boss's daughter the influence is certainly there.:D

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think the dirty stigma is the one that is run by the media, especially the foreign one. They do not look at a pass he gave to RVP vs Germany in the opening minutes. Van Bommel actually had a nice footballing side to his game. He already became dirty in the Netherlands and after that, it increased at Bayern and Milan where he became a lock on the door player. He took that with him to the Dutch NT where that stigma became permanent with the 2010 WC run.

I think van Bommel being a dirty player is the default setting with how people look at him. I think there was a nice looking side to his his game as well. However he choose a different path. He was well aware of what he did. I remember Vanenburg in a talk show back in the day telling him how sad it made him that he made fouls the way he did. That a player like him did not need that. Van Bommel is just of the opinion that football must be played that way.

Maybe he will become the Dutch Simeone. Not such a nice fellow as player himself if I maye say. Doing a great job at Atletico now.

I believe he made a move for her or she for him when van Marwijk was van Bommel's actual coach at Fortuna Sittard. Bit of weird situation, but the two seem to go along well. I think I hear van Bommel say that they talked almost on a daily basis. I hope he has picked up more than only from the van Marwijk kitchen. Also, van Bommel is more self confident than Bert.

Bert lost control of the group in the last group match vs Portugal in 2012. He was also impressed by the pressure of Bayern concerning Robben. At HSV he also let players from Railoa, his agent, play. Bouy, Ola John. He is more easily influenced than people think maybe. he also named that as a nr 1 quality for a coach. To not be influenced too much by the outside world. Maybe that is more something he struggles with. I remember how over the top he reacted on a leaked story from Sneijder vs Velthuizen the Vitesse keeper. There was a strange fall out between him and a pundit on TV. Bit edgy IMO. Was not needed to get too excited about. More incidents lead me to think that he was not the most self confident coach we ever had.

12. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #462 thatkid, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

Martijn Kaars.. Interesting player. Almost single handedly dismantled Ajax C1. I have seen him play a few times now and I like what I see. Good technique, fast, good operation speed and intelligent.. Looks like we are back to producing the right kind of strikers.

DRB300 repped this.
  13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Interesting how the next Dutch NT U17 attack will look like:

Adekanye-----Kaars-----Nunnely ?

Anyway I would really like Netherlands to qualify for the U17 tournament. I would throw out the strikers and go for a attacking triangle with 3 quality players. 2 wingers and a good DM:

[​IMG]

Today the Elite round starts. Austria U17 is the opponent at 19:00 hours Dutch local time. I will not be happy with anything less than a win and good football.

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's hope these Austrian U17 kids have not payed visit to that Red Bull lab yet. Otherwise Netherlands but also France have a big problem.

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands U17 win from Austria U17 with 2-1.

Difficult game where Netherlands was down with 1 goal with less than 10 minutes of official time to go. Berenstein from a free kick made it 1-1. In extra time it was Paal (who was subbed in for Slabbekoorn) who got past 2 players and crossed the ball second pole. Berenstein again with his second goal of the evening.

This must have been the line up more or less:

[​IMG]

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    What do you mean ?

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Was also a bit of a joke on my part. Anyway after Ajax got a serious beating in the Europa league from Salzburg, Co Adriaanse on Dutch tv (ex coach from that club) told enthusiastically about the great work they did in this Red Bull lab:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics: Link

He told how cutting edge and ambitious they worked there to get players/athletes fit so they could give more during games. People in the Netherlands were surprised by RBS's fitness.

On a side note, he hailed the work of one of the men in charge there, doctor Pansold, from who he did not know that he had a shady background concerning doping in sport (convicted in 1998 in Berlin for giving minors male hormones) . That lead to some questions in the Netherlands concerning this miracle institute.

sonicdream and timh19 repped this.
  18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands won 2-0 from Sweden. Slabbekoorn scored the first goal in the first halve. A second goal followed after the break, scored by Bergwijn.

Line up:

[​IMG]

The problem now is that France has scored 1 more against Sweden while getting the same scoreline vs Austria as as we did: they won with 2-1. This means Netherlands will have to win the net game vs France, while they advance with a draw already.

I know I have said this many times already, but I keep repeating that it is weird that this U17 coach is not looking at a system to fit in his best players. Paal, Slabbekoorn and Nouri are almost even marginalized by him, let alone they ever play all 3 together at the same time. IMO this can easily be solved by replacing the strikers that never seems to score. Van der Moot, another box wonder in the making (yay), had 2 full games and scored 0. So Slab as striker and put Paal and Nouri behind him. Especially this Sweden game should have been used to run up the score line this way to not get into this must win situation against France. I consider that a fail already. Also this coach has won 0 games against big country's. So he must outdo himself to beat the frogs.

Can't wait for the excuses when he draws and says Netherlands was actually better, but were not able to win. He created that situation from the very beginning. Not only in this qualification round, it already started with his unwillingness to try something I propose in the friendly games against England, Germany and Portugal earlier this year and maybe even before that. This must win situation is also dangerous. France has quality up front and is able to expose a high line.

We will see if Stekenburg can surprise us. It's time.

PS props to Austria, they were close in drawing and not even that far from winning both from Netherlands and France. This together with their club Salzburg having done some damage in Europe certainly caught my attention. They should win from Sweden.

Cheers

Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why wasn't Ezra Walian selected to play as striker?

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Because he is not good enough.

Why would he be selected? What is special about him?

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Big day for U17 today. Have to beat France to go to the Euro.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doesn't look like there are any streams for this. Too bad! Good luck to the team.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke, so first half ended 0-0. France opened stronger than the Netherlands but more towards the end Netherlands took more initiative. The the break. After the break there was 1 sub, Paal for Slabbekoorn. Right at the start Netherlands took the lead through van de Beek. And right now I see that Bergwijn made it even 2-0! Exciting start of the game.

Netherlands clearly came out all guns blazing from the dressing room. Let's wait and see what the collapse capability/liability of this U17 team is....

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands U17 wins from France with 3-1!

After the 2-0, France came back thanks to Marcus Thuram smashing the ball in the goal. Within a minute it was an assist from ter Avest on Bergwijn who scored his second goal of the night. Then France really started to take risks and both teams got their chances as a result. pressure mounted, ter Avest goot his second yellow, red card, 10 men Netherlands, subs and France was not able to score anymore.

Big result against a big country when it counted. Moot did not score in all 3 games, so that choice is still questionable, but at least this coach won his first game against a big country when it mattered. The public probably also played a role, as it took place in the Netherlands and there quite some people watching. That won't happen in Malta.

JC-14 repped this.